my profile / private messages | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Bored   » The Bored™   » Everything™ and then Some   » HELP FAST!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: HELP FAST!
Foo

Member # 16

Member Rated:

posted September 23, 2002 14:29      Profile for Foo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
ok so its me and my gfs (her name is jenn) 6 month aniversary so we thought we'd get eachother gifts.

my sis knows what im getting jenn and jenn's sis knows what shes getting me. my sis and my gfs sis are friends and they were talking to eachother and they were talking aobut what the gifts were. apparently my gfs sis said that jenn's ex bf had gotten her the exact same gift when they were going out. i got the idea from my gfs mom a while ago cuz she was trying to help me out with gift ideas but just named a few things my gf liked so i was like ok i'll try and combine the ideas and i ended up getting my gf a silver necklace with a dolphin pendant. anwyas, now i've spent the money and its jkinda running short and i dont know what to do cuz i dont wanna give the same gift as her ex!

--------------------
Come check out my band's site: Cheap Suits We're a ska band who has opened up for the suicide machines, reel big fish, the living end, and are slowly progressing towards world domination

Posts: 269 | From: oakville, ontario, canada | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Daniel

Member # 54

Member Rated:

posted September 23, 2002 17:45      Profile for Daniel   Email Daniel   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Tell her, "This is a porpoise, baby!"

--------------------
"Hats off to the nun with the man hands."

i was/am WashinMyGoat.

Posts: 386 | From: Evansville, In, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Jenn

Member # 146

Rate Member

posted September 23, 2002 18:44      Profile for Jenn   Email Jenn   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
your girlfriend has a nice name...

Honestly, I don't think that it will matter that its the same gift that an ex has gotten her, I'm sure that she will really love it since you put alot of thought into it, and it is coming from you. Make her a card (I think that it is sweeter than buying one), and it will be all good. I hope. Otherwise you can kick me for giving bad advice.

nose over tail

Member # 57

Member Rated:

posted September 23, 2002 19:50      Profile for nose over tail   Email nose over tail   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
can you refund it? if so, do so. and look for something else. it isn't that hard to find something in a short period of time. i found a present for my girlfriend about an hour before we were supposed to go out (i had a better gift in mind, but had no way of doing it).
Posts: 304 | From: evansville | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Foo

Member # 16

Member Rated:

posted September 23, 2002 20:56      Profile for Foo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i talked to her sister tonight and she was saying that the gift will be good but its sorta similar to the gift her ex gave. so im ognna just stick with the gifft i have now. i was planning on making something too because she really likes that kinda stuff

--------------------
Come check out my band's site: Cheap Suits We're a ska band who has opened up for the suicide machines, reel big fish, the living end, and are slowly progressing towards world domination

Posts: 269 | From: oakville, ontario, canada | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Colonel Klink

Member # 78

posted September 24, 2002 10:21      Profile for Colonel Klink   Author's Homepage   Email Colonel Klink   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
6 months anniversary ? hell, don't take it bad but it sounds mushy to me (I mean in the root on anniversary there's "an" which means "year") or maybe it means people don't stand together very long or maybe it's a dog-year anniversary ?

--------------------
Industrial Revolution has flipped a bitch on Evolution.

Posts: 665 | From: Stalag 13 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Foo

Member # 16

Member Rated:

posted September 24, 2002 11:41      Profile for Foo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i know what you mean and in a sence i feel the same way but i guess when you think of it most teens dont go out with ppl for long anyways so 6 months is quite an accomplishment for some ppl.

--------------------

sickb0y

Member # 42

posted September 25, 2002 19:39      Profile for sickb0y        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Colonel Klink:
6 months anniversary ? hell, don't take it bad but it sounds mushy to me (I mean in the root on anniversary there's "an" which means "year") or maybe it means people don't stand together very long or maybe it's a dog-year anniversary ?

always the one with the RIGHT answer aren't you?

but i think the same way... 6 month anniversary? It could be more like... commemoration? i dunno...

nose over tail

Member # 57

Member Rated:

posted September 25, 2002 20:14      Profile for nose over tail   Email nose over tail   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
my girlfriend and i celebrated our one year anniversary the 15th of this month. some of you may remember me asking how to kiss her a year ago. yeah. she won't let me get passed that part. she got me the greatest gift ever... tickets to see thursday and thursday + talked her parents into taking us + talked my mom into letting me go (originally, it was going to be and some friends, but my mom got really paranoid at the last minute). so yes. good stuff.
Posts: 304 | From: evansville | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Geektanic

Member # 45

Member Rated:

posted September 25, 2002 21:10      Profile for Geektanic   Author's Homepage   Email Geektanic   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
jeremy means thursday + cursive. not thursday + thursday.

jeremy is an idiot.

just kidding scrabbly buddy.

--------------------
Do the stars conspire to pin us down like butterflies? - Jets to Brazil

Posts: 176 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Colonel Klink

Member # 78

posted September 28, 2002 10:11      Profile for Colonel Klink   Author's Homepage   Email Colonel Klink   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by sickb0y:

always the one with the RIGHT answer aren't you?

but i think the same way... 6 month anniversary? It could be more like... commemoration? i dunno...

I just somewhat think, that celebrating a 6 months anniversary is much like a "so far so good" or a "wow, we're still together" attitude. If you got this attitude it's because you think it might not last. Then why celebrate? Celebrating is for memeories. We do that on anniversaries but you don't need an excuse. You can say "this is the first thursday of the week, I'd like to take advantage of the occasion to say how much I love you". You'll get that later on

--------------------
Industrial Revolution has flipped a bitch on Evolution.

Posts: 665 | From: Stalag 13 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Belong to Us!  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | nethijinx, ltd.

(c) 2000 + 19 nethijinx, ltd.