my profile / private messages | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Bored   » The Bored™   » Everything™ and then Some   » wisdom teeth

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: wisdom teeth
kiddy

Member # 10

Member Rated:

posted September 17, 2002 05:21      Profile for kiddy   Email kiddy   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
hey i was eating tonight and the back of my mouth was hurting and i found ive got teeth growing im 21 for christ sakes
so i think i remember my mate having to get them removed and it hurting like hurt and he couldnt eat for a while,
so yeah anyone had them tell me all you know cos its hurting already

--------------------
one two screw you

Posts: 173 | From: the gutter | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Zesty

Member # 36

Member Rated:

posted September 17, 2002 07:22      Profile for Zesty   Email Zesty   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by kiddy:

so i think i remember my mate having to get them removed and it hurting like hurt

Hurting like hurt? Ahahahaha!

Sorry, that was a cheap shot. Bwahahahaha!

--------------------
You're not fully evil, until you're zestyfully evil!
MWA HA HA HA HA!

Posts: 206 | From: Inside my Mind | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Jenn

Member # 146

Rate Member

posted September 17, 2002 07:23      Profile for Jenn   Email Jenn   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Wisdom teeth are a bitch. I had my bottom two pulled when I was a junior in high school. They didn't pull the top two out cuz they said that they were too high, and if they pulled them out, there would be a hole between my nose and my mouth, and I would whistle when I talk. That would be pretty annoying. So I passed. And never got them taken care of. Now they are cutting in, they hurt, and I am like a baby, I get fevers when they cut in. So I gotta find time soon to get these bitches pulled.
Jody

Member # 7

Member Rated:

posted September 17, 2002 07:42      Profile for Jody   Email Jody   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
My wisdom teeth didn't come into until I was about 24. My Orthodontist told me he didn't think I would need them pulled because I had plenty of room in my mouth, but they did hurt a ton when they were cutting through and one of them got infected so they had to come out. My situation is unique because I am allergic to Novicane, so I was just given gas and the suckers were yanked. Therefore, my pain was probably a lot worse than others experience, but really it just took a couple days and I was all better.
Posts: 149 | From: Minneapolis, MN | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Daniel

Member # 54

Member Rated:

posted September 17, 2002 13:42      Profile for Daniel   Email Daniel   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I had to get mine cut out last year. They couldn't pull them because they werent growing in yet, but X-rays showed that they were completely sideways and if I let them grow it would mess up my teeth and that would have made braces a waste of money and time. Anyway, I remeber getting a shot, then I remember waking up and walking dizily clutched to the nurses arm. She gave me to my dad, and I walked out in the parking lot and getting a milk shake at a McDonalds. You can't use straws when you get your wisdom teeth taken out, so I ate it with a spoon. My mouth was still numb so I didn't realize I had shake dripping down my mouth.

My mouth bled for a few days, but I got over that. The gross thing is squirting water into the holes to get the food that gets stuck out. I took tylonol for a few weeks, and I was surprised how well that went. A lot of people get RX pain killers, but it was over the counter for me.

PS: eating Doritos(or any hard chip for that matter) is painful for about a month or two.

--------------------
"Hats off to the nun with the man hands."

i was/am WashinMyGoat.

Posts: 386 | From: Evansville, In, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
LayingTiredOnSunbeamsSide

Member # 134

Member Rated:

posted September 17, 2002 19:09      Profile for LayingTiredOnSunbeamsSide   Email LayingTiredOnSunbeamsSide   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
just got them out in may. top 2 they didnt even give me anything but novacaine and pulled real hard, but one was a lot tougher to get out than he thought and the pliers (im sure they have a cooler name then pliers, but thats what they were) kept slipping and made the most wretched sound. THen i got some drugs and they took my bottom ones out. They only gave me tylonol with codine though, try to get perkisets if you can, i hear theyre weay better.

The worst part was the stitches, they came half undone so i had this thread hanging in my mouth for days until i could finally get it through my gums. it was so annoying.

Posts: 65 | From: Seattle, WA | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
Clobber

Member # 38

Member Rated:

posted September 17, 2002 20:37      Profile for Clobber     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i haven't had mine grow in yet...it makes my stomach queasy when i hear about "pliers slipping" and "wretched noises"....that just makes me nervous...

My sister had hers taken out and she was fine...she went out that night to be exact..

--------------------
Sink it

Posts: 316 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Clobber

Member # 38

Member Rated:

posted September 17, 2002 20:37      Profile for Clobber     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i haven't had mine grow in yet...it makes my stomach queasy when i hear about "pliers slipping" and "wretched noises"....that just makes me nervous...

My sister had hers taken out and she was fine...she went out that night to be exact..

--------------------
Sink it

Clobber

Member # 38

Member Rated:

posted September 17, 2002 20:38      Profile for Clobber     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 

--------------------
Sink it

sickb0y

Member # 42

posted September 17, 2002 22:19      Profile for sickb0y        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
well... i have all 4 of my wisdom teeth coming through. they're impacted. meaning there isn't enough space in my mouth (supposedly) for them to fit. the bottom 2 are fine. i haven't had any pain for a while (touch wood), and the top two are just... well.. there.

usually you are under a general anesthetic if you have all 4 taken out at once, and you can't do much for like... a week (well... that's what's recommended by my oral surgeon, and i'll believe him!)

but if you want to know a good doctor... my mom actually works for one in newcastle... charlestown actually... he's the best in NSW (so i've been told). i can give you details if you need.

kiddy

Member # 10

Member Rated:

posted September 19, 2002 05:40      Profile for kiddy   Email kiddy   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
well thanks everyone
at the moment its not hurting so bad......well not like hurt anyway.........hurting like hurt is so bad(so is being retarded)
anyhoo the reason im so paranoid is ive gotta train heaps and ive gotta eat to be able to train ,plus im mostly overseas and going to the doctors in holland is a bitch ,my dutch isnt good enough to explain in enough depth ,and theyre english is the same
but i think ill just chill out for a while the pain isnt that bad.....

--------------------
one two screw you

Posts: 173 | From: the gutter | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
onyourmouth

Member # 147

Rate Member

posted September 19, 2002 06:43      Profile for onyourmouth   Author's Homepage   Email onyourmouth   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
this is weird. i'm getting mine out next thursday and i've been hearing all these horror stories. this is going to suck for my mouth, and my bank account..

--------------------
i ain't very good, but i get practice by myself..

Posts: 8 | From: california | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged
Foo

Member # 16

Member Rated:

posted September 20, 2002 10:31      Profile for Foo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i was at my dentist about a month ago and he told me im gonna need them out in a few years they are growing in perpendicular to my other teeth. that cant be good. i dont want them out i know so many ppl who've had it done and they all felt lotsa pain

--------------------
Come check out my band's site: Cheap Suits We're a ska band who has opened up for the suicide machines, reel big fish, the living end, and are slowly progressing towards world domination

Posts: 269 | From: oakville, ontario, canada | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Belong to Us!  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | nethijinx, ltd.

(c) 2000 + 19 nethijinx, ltd.