my profile / private messages | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Bored   » The Bored™   » Everything™ and then Some   » biggest ball of twine! ever!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: biggest ball of twine! ever!
Geektanic

Member # 45

Member Rated:

posted September 08, 2002 15:44      Profile for Geektanic   Author's Homepage   Email Geektanic   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
as I was on my way to visit the campus of the University of Minnesota - Morris the other day, I passed a sign that said "Giant ball of twine!" well yea, of course I had to check it out.

Turns out Weird Al is a huge fan of it (has a song written about it!) and goes there A LOT. His picture is all over the gift shop. And check out the rad shirt I got -

oh yes. it was a great day indeed.

--------------------
Do the stars conspire to pin us down like butterflies? - Jets to Brazil

Posts: 176 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
k r i s t i n

Member # 98

Member Rated:

posted September 08, 2002 16:01      Profile for k r i s t i n   Author's Homepage   Email k r i s t i n   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
"made by one man" HAHA... how impressive.

--------------------
shread the gnar gnar bro brah!

Posts: 526 | From: california | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Colonel Klink

Member # 78

posted September 08, 2002 16:01      Profile for Colonel Klink   Author's Homepage   Email Colonel Klink   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Haven't you ever played to that awesame Lucasart game "Sam and Max hit the road". I think they refer to it at some point

--------------------
Industrial Revolution has flipped a bitch on Evolution.

Posts: 665 | From: Stalag 13 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Mike

Member # 14

Member Rated:

posted September 09, 2002 03:24      Profile for Mike   Email Mike   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Colonel Klink:
Haven't you ever played to that awesame Lucasart game "Sam and Max hit the road". I think they refer to it at some point

dude! i was just thinking that! the ball looks bigger in the game though..

Wasting Too Much Time

Member # 19

Member Rated:

posted September 10, 2002 17:51      Profile for Wasting Too Much Time   Author's Homepage   Email Wasting Too Much Time   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
that is brilliant! i am jealous.

--------------------
you could say i do at least.

Posts: 284 | From: Alberta, Canada | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Woody

Member # 63

Member Rated:

posted September 11, 2002 11:24      Profile for Woody   Email Woody   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
We used to make giant balls out of sock tape in hockey, one time we a guy on my team threw it into the toilet and cracked the toilet. It was great.

--------------------
Learn To Deal

Posts: 82 | From: Barrhead AB | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Jody

Member # 7

Member Rated:

posted September 13, 2002 07:18      Profile for Jody   Email Jody   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ha! That is so funny. When I was 19 my best friend and I (and our boyfriends) went on a roadtrip around MN visiting friends and such and that was one of our destinations (now you know the excitement that is growing up in Minnesota)! I even bought that same T-Shirt. Wish I still had that...
Good times

Posts: 149 | From: Minneapolis, MN | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Belong to Us!  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | nethijinx, ltd.

(c) 2000 + 19 nethijinx, ltd.