my profile / private messages | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Bored   » The Bored™   » Everything™ and then Some   » black and white skies...

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: black and white skies...
kismet

Member # 39

Member Rated:

posted August 13, 2002 06:44      Profile for kismet   Author's Homepage   Email kismet   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
so apparently, the blue skies sign is also featured on a jones' label.

check it foo': http://www.jonessoda.com/files/naturals.html

--------------------
kim
cheesygoodness!

Posts: 222 | From: here, bitches. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
PunkMunkey

Member # 44

Member Rated:

posted August 13, 2002 07:33      Profile for PunkMunkey   Email PunkMunkey   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 

...on bananaberrry of all flavors (not that there's any significance mind you...just seems kinda "fruity").

...I wonder if that's actually Kris' photo.

[edit]Actually, there are clouds in the background of the CD cover...but that don't mean shit really since there's always Photoshop...the angle looks the same...eh...I dunno...maybe Paul should ask him...they're pretty much neighbors again, right? [/edit]

[ August 13, 2002: Message edited by: PunkMunkey ]

--------------------
Have you ever felt like you've been cheated?

Posts: 520 | From: Sweet Home Sacramento! | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Foo

Member # 16

Member Rated:

posted August 13, 2002 09:50      Profile for Foo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
thats actually pretty cool

--------------------
Come check out my band's site: Cheap Suits We're a ska band who has opened up for the suicide machines, reel big fish, the living end, and are slowly progressing towards world domination

Posts: 269 | From: oakville, ontario, canada | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Colonel Klink

Member # 78

posted August 13, 2002 10:01      Profile for Colonel Klink   Author's Homepage   Email Colonel Klink   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PunkMunkey:
I dunno...maybe Paul should ask him...they're pretty much neighbors again, right? ]

you big teaser

--------------------
Industrial Revolution has flipped a bitch on Evolution.

Posts: 665 | From: Stalag 13 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
NSA

Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted August 13, 2002 12:12      Profile for NSA   Author's Homepage   Email NSA   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Actually I know this from my old days "with the band". On the first warped tour the Ataris were on (2000) Jones Soda was one of the sponsors apparently, so after every show, all of us would run around and grab as many jones soda cases as we could fit in my car/the RV. By the end of the tour we had so much soda in our cars and in our bodys, we were addicted. So Kris decided to send in a bunch of his photographs to see if they would put them on a label someday. Apparently he succeeded! I think he sent more than just the blue skies sign.. but that knowledge is lost in the blackness that is my mind. Tres cool!

--------------------
the Bored lives FOREVER.

Posts: 1564 | From: Galactic Empire | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
NSA

Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted August 13, 2002 12:13      Profile for NSA   Author's Homepage   Email NSA   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Oh. And yes the CD cover was HEAVILY photoshop'd, there is a tree and a bunch of crap in the original photo that was cut out. I think I have the original photoshop file for the Blue Skies CD on my computer somewhere.. lets see if i can find it..

--------------------
the Bored lives FOREVER.

Mike

Member # 14

Member Rated:

posted August 13, 2002 13:04      Profile for Mike   Email Mike   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
dude...the green apple of that is soooo good.
PunkMunkey

Member # 44

Member Rated:

posted August 13, 2002 13:39      Profile for PunkMunkey   Email PunkMunkey   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Somehow I find this all totally amusing...Paul, someone should really get in contact with you for a "Behind the Music" or "True Hollywood Stories"...ah, the stories you could tell...it'd be like Almost Famous

--------------------

Colonel Klink

Member # 78

posted August 13, 2002 14:39      Profile for Colonel Klink   Author's Homepage   Email Colonel Klink   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by PunkMunkey:
it'd be like Almost Famous

even though he's not 15

we could gather around him, sit down close to the fireplace and listen. Uncle Paul, tell us another story

--------------------

***norm

Member # 86

Member Rated:

posted August 14, 2002 07:44      Profile for ***norm   Email ***norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It'll only be worth it if he tells the story of the bite. Nothing like good use of Jaws music on any Behind The Music.

A sample of the transcript...

Paul: "And then we started fight wrestling"

(Cue Jaws music )

Paul: "And out of nowhere, he FUCKING BITES ME!"

Oh and then he could go on to tell the story about how Kris' dad sent out that super e-mail (Complete with all the misspellings and incredible grammer) following the blow up. Man, I wish I still had that e-mail...

--------------------
•Taking money from religious people is like beating retards at checkers.
• Alcoholics Anonymous is to Jesus Freaks what still water is to mosquitos
•* I understand war for some reasons. Land, money, a girl, that can be understood. Now war over god, that's a whole different issue. There is no way I can justify a war over who has a better invisible friend.

Posts: 238 | From: Norm's Ghetto House | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
PunkMunkey

Member # 44

Member Rated:

posted August 14, 2002 11:47      Profile for PunkMunkey   Email PunkMunkey   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
...at first I thought that the e-mail was some sort of elaborate hoax, perhaps written by one whose native language was not english...

...and the whole biting thing...what a bitch move.

--------------------

Geektanic

Member # 45

Member Rated:

posted August 14, 2002 15:04      Profile for Geektanic   Author's Homepage   Email Geektanic   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
wait! I want to hear the biting story!

--------------------
Do the stars conspire to pin us down like butterflies? - Jets to Brazil

Posts: 176 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Christy

Member # 4

Member Rated:

posted August 14, 2002 23:05      Profile for Christy   Author's Homepage   Email Christy   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Bananaberry is a pretty nasty flavor... I dunno. I used to be a big fan of the whole Banana + Strawberry combination, but that Jones fruit juice looks realllly unnatural for "natural" fruit juice. Eh.

I vaguely remember the whole biting incident. That was SO long ago. And sadly, I decided to clear my pack rat ways and deleted all of my coorespondence with Bill Roe and other useless emails I kept over the years. I probably had that email 2 weeks ago, but not today.

--Christy

--------------------
panda panda panda!

Posts: 276 | From: La Jolla | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Colonel Klink

Member # 78

posted August 15, 2002 05:00      Profile for Colonel Klink   Author's Homepage   Email Colonel Klink   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Strangely, all these e-mails dispeared over the past few weeks. Weird. I wonder if the FBI's got something to do with it...

--------------------

NSA

Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted August 15, 2002 23:43      Profile for NSA   Author's Homepage   Email NSA   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ah the ol' Kris Chomper story.. thats a whale of a tale! And perhaps I'll write it all down here sometime.. if there is enough interest.

but seriously, I wish I would have wrote down my memoires (i cant spell) right after I moved home. There was so much good shit, but now I cant remember half of it, or its a bit twisted and whatnot. But man it would have been fun Almost Famous was SERIOUSLY like too close to home for me, it was weird, all the way down to the best-friend-sleeping-with-the-bandmember. Though I dont think anyone ever got electrocuted.. go figure.

Anyway, I dont think I ever saw the message from Bill.. but I did hear about it. Gah! Conspiracy!

--------------------
the Bored lives FOREVER.

All times are Belong to Us!  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | nethijinx, ltd.

(c) 2000 + 19 nethijinx, ltd.