my profile / private messages | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Bored   » The Bored™   » Everything™ and then Some   » first day of school...

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: first day of school...
nose over tail

Member # 57

Member Rated:

posted August 12, 2002 04:27      Profile for nose over tail   Email nose over tail   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
...someone please shoot me.
Posts: 304 | From: evansville | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Mike

Member # 14

Member Rated:

posted August 12, 2002 07:36      Profile for Mike   Email Mike   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
ugh, dude that sucks. i feel so screwed. i've still got fucking homework to do before the 28th or 29th...i can't remember which day. i've gotta read another book, write 2 reports, make 2 posters and do all my spanish.
Jenny

Member # 31

Member Rated:

posted August 12, 2002 11:03      Profile for Jenny   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
ugh shut up shut up! i've got so much work to do before the 3rd of september, and i haven't even started it.
AND it's my AS results day on thursday! wish me luck!

--------------------
Moi aussi un jour je serai beau comme un dieu

Posts: 198 | From: Nr Manchester/Leeds UK | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Geektanic

Member # 45

Member Rated:

posted August 12, 2002 11:06      Profile for Geektanic   Author's Homepage   Email Geektanic   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I start the 26th. I'm not really looking forward to it. I'm going to a community college,s o I don't get to leave home or anything. IT's kinda hard listening to all my friends talk about their roommates and going shopping for their dorms. I'm jealous

--------------------
Do the stars conspire to pin us down like butterflies? - Jets to Brazil

Posts: 176 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Wasting Too Much Time

Member # 19

Member Rated:

posted August 12, 2002 19:51      Profile for Wasting Too Much Time   Author's Homepage   Email Wasting Too Much Time   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i do not start my classes until the 3rd. i am nervous. college.

--------------------
you could say i do at least.

Posts: 284 | From: Alberta, Canada | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Christy

Member # 4

Member Rated:

posted August 12, 2002 23:06      Profile for Christy   Author's Homepage   Email Christy   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I just got HOME from summer school today and some kids are already talking about starting school in the fall. That's crazy talk! I don't move in for fall quarter until the 22nd of Sept, but I don't have to start learning until the 26th. Woo woo. My summer is finally starting and I love it. Homework and reading can kiss my ass.

--Christy

--------------------
panda panda panda!

Posts: 276 | From: La Jolla | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
k r i s t i n

Member # 98

Member Rated:

posted August 13, 2002 01:26      Profile for k r i s t i n   Author's Homepage   Email k r i s t i n   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i think you guys are kinda lucky, at least you have some idea of what your classes will be like. what the hell are art college classes like?!?!?!?! AHHH!!!!! i hope they're good classes and the teachers are nice and they're not too hard and don't take up way too much time. it's scary. i also wonder what the academic classes will be like. we have them in houses in the living rooms or something and there's a fireplace and everything.

--------------------
shread the gnar gnar bro brah!

Posts: 526 | From: california | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Wasting Too Much Time

Member # 19

Member Rated:

posted August 13, 2002 05:54      Profile for Wasting Too Much Time   Author's Homepage   Email Wasting Too Much Time   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
hold hands and sing bible songs around the fire? dear god, no. i just ate a whole lot of salt in my muffin. someone needs stirring lessons. see, this is what happens when your mother wants you to learn how to cook...you don't mix the goddamn ingredients right and end up biting into a chunk of salt.

--------------------
you could say i do at least.

Posts: 284 | From: Alberta, Canada | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
k r i s t i n

Member # 98

Member Rated:

posted August 13, 2002 13:05      Profile for k r i s t i n   Author's Homepage   Email k r i s t i n   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
haha, i don't think we'll be singing bible songs at art college. and if they start that i'll go home.

--------------------

Zesty

Member # 36

Member Rated:

posted August 15, 2002 17:39      Profile for Zesty   Email Zesty   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
My sister started on the 12th. I laughed at her cause I don't start til the 26th. Yes, college promises to be exciting, hopefully, even though I'm living at home....blah. I am jealous of Christy!

--------------------
You're not fully evil, until you're zestyfully evil!
MWA HA HA HA HA!

Posts: 206 | From: Inside my Mind | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
the placebo

Member # 20

Member Rated:

posted August 18, 2002 09:24      Profile for the placebo   Email the placebo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yesterday was my first day to live at school. College of Charleston, here I am. Classes start Tuesday...I have:

Honors Intro to Philosophy
Spanish 202
Honors Geology (haha)
Geology Lab
Calculus

College is cool I guess so far. But downtown Charleston is pretty rough in some spots at night.

--------------------
"now it is time for you to drink the melted silver teapot! enjoy a molten beverage that will coat your insides with a shiny smooth finish! then you will eat the table because i keep my promises!"

Posts: 205 | From: nashville, tn | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Christy

Member # 4

Member Rated:

posted August 18, 2002 17:42      Profile for Christy   Author's Homepage   Email Christy   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Mmm. I remember my first night at school. It was scary as heck! Then I met some nice people to hang out with. I remember going into one of the rooms in my suite and telling the two girls, "Hi.. My name is Christy. I'm really really REALLY quiet, and I'm kinda antisocial. So I dunno if I'll be talking to you much! Ok. Umm.. Yea. Byee." Oh god. What a dorky thing to do. And my suitemates were like "What the heck?" Haha. Ok. Oh the days.

I'm extremely bored at home. Summer is starting to blow and I wanna go back to school. Yarg!

--Christy

--------------------
panda panda panda!

route507too
unregistered

posted August 23, 2002 20:51           Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i am starting classes at the University of Pittsburgh the 26th. i moved in tuesday though, u think in pittsburgh there would be tons to do but here i am sitting around on a friday night, well, meaybe i have a reason now since it's almost midnight, but i got back to this dowm at 8:30...i've been ready for bed ever since.

boring.

anywayz, for classes...here we go

business calc
into to art
cba orientation (commonly known as business one)
elementary spanish 2
into to macroeconomics

fun stuff right there.

i don't know i guess i am excited about the art class, i love looking at art - and this will give me the chance to learn about it instead of judt look at it.

IP: Logged
NSA

Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted August 23, 2002 21:35      Profile for NSA   Author's Homepage   Email NSA   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
school rocks this semester, except for the whole class part of class.

decently hot girls sit next to me in two classes and the other class i sit next to a computer and get to goof off.

damn classwork though, might ruin things. dizamn.

--------------------
the Bored lives FOREVER.

Posts: 1564 | From: Galactic Empire | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
k r i s t i n

Member # 98

Member Rated:

posted August 28, 2002 12:09      Profile for k r i s t i n   Author's Homepage   Email k r i s t i n   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
MY SCHOOL KICKS ASS!!!!!!!!

we've just had two days of orentation and everyone is so cool. and the classes rock but they haven't started or anything yet. but they've been making us get to know eachother basically. like they had us do this really embarassing thing called "playfair" but it was kind of fun, well some of it. and it was some crazy crazy stuff. and my roommate and i have been hanging out with lots of cool kids from school. everyone that goes there is cool except maybe three people at the most suck.

--------------------

Clobber

Member # 38

Member Rated:

posted August 28, 2002 13:30      Profile for Clobber     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
My first day of school isn't until next Thursday...
I am starting University this year at McMaster....i am nervous but i am taking some really interesting courses....
I hope i do well...

--------------------
Sink it

Posts: 316 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Christy

Member # 4

Member Rated:

posted August 28, 2002 13:32      Profile for Christy   Author's Homepage   Email Christy   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Oh god. You are basically describing my nightmare. I absolutely HATE get-to-know-each-other games. My small section classes ALWAYS does that. Screw that. The TAs usually have something like, "Tell 3 facts about yourself. Two facts must be the truth. And one fact has to be a lie. And we'll guess which one is the lie". So we fucking waste an hour of my time doing this in small groups, then AGAIN with the whole entire section. Gaggggh.

--Christy

--------------------
panda panda panda!

Jenny

Member # 31

Member Rated:

posted August 30, 2002 07:29      Profile for Jenny   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i bet i'm the only person on this board that has to wear a SUIT to school.

--------------------

thechaostheory

Member # 30

Member Rated:

posted August 30, 2002 10:59      Profile for thechaostheory   Email thechaostheory   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
holy shit, i move in tomorrow. gearing up for the 4.5 hour drive from Mass. to Hempstead, Long Island. im fuckin pumped, but qiote nervous, im packing and shit now and saying goodbyes. the shitty thing is living so far away, i cant have friends come visit me so much anymore, but ill deal. fuckin college, Hofstra best treat me well.

--------------------
you're everything i lived for.....forever got shorter

k r i s t i n

Member # 98

Member Rated:

posted August 31, 2002 00:19      Profile for k r i s t i n   Author's Homepage   Email k r i s t i n   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Jenny:
i bet i'm the only person on this board that has to wear a SUIT to school.

why?

--------------------

Jenny

Member # 31

Member Rated:

posted September 01, 2002 08:14      Profile for Jenny   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
because i do. IT'S THE LAW!
no, i go to this sixth form college, where the head of sixth form has ideas above her station, and seems to think she is running some kind of private school. so we have to wear suits. well, we're meant to wear suits. it's not that unusual over here.
i have just one day of jean-wearing freedom left!

--------------------

Public Humiliation

Member # 11

Member Rated:

posted September 02, 2002 03:33      Profile for Public Humiliation   Author's Homepage   Email Public Humiliation   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Starting school? That's crazy. 3 and a half weeks and i finish my senior year, then all i have to do is sit my final exams. Then off to leavers week, woohoo.

I guess we do things backwards down here.

--------------------
4 500 000 BCE - Ninjas discover flipping out and God gives them dominion over everything totally sweet.

Posts: 171 | From: Perth, Australia | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
breedge

Member # 128

Member Rated:

posted September 03, 2002 22:22      Profile for breedge   Email breedge   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Public Humiliation:
Then off to leavers week, woohoo.

haha, leaver's week? wacky wa kids.

i finish in october, then exams in november.

--------------------
oh please, if i wanted to hear mindless droning i'd befriend an airconditioner.

Public Humiliation

Member # 11

Member Rated:

posted September 04, 2002 02:38      Profile for Public Humiliation   Author's Homepage   Email Public Humiliation   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
leavers - schoolies. What's the differance? Everyone finishes high school and then goes to get inebriated for a week.

--------------------
4 500 000 BCE - Ninjas discover flipping out and God gives them dominion over everything totally sweet.

sickb0y

Member # 42

posted September 04, 2002 19:13      Profile for sickb0y        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
unless you umm... were like me and actually started working full time just as you finished school...
Public Humiliation

Member # 11

Member Rated:

posted September 07, 2002 01:34      Profile for Public Humiliation   Author's Homepage   Email Public Humiliation   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You're one in a million Phil...that'd mean there are only 19 others like you in Australia.

--------------------

One Girl Army

Member # 62

Member Rated:

posted September 08, 2002 11:54      Profile for One Girl Army   Author's Homepage   Email One Girl Army   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Classes start tomorrow for me. Everyone else I know has already started school but I go to a community college with weird trimester-like things. I'm re-taking the English course I dropped last semester, Intro to Art History and some class for the Special Services students that my therapist teaches, basically it just helps you with study skills, time management and helping you get through college. I have it pretty easy I think... classes don't start until 1:50 in the afternoon and I have off on Fridays.

I don't know how I can possibly concentrate on learning this week when I'm going to Skatefest in Massachusetts on Friday though... hehe.

--------------------
*** Barrie ***
She walks softly but she carries a big gun...
Mimesis Entertainment

Posts: 222 | From: Brooklyn, NY | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
melissa

Member # 15

Member Rated:

posted September 08, 2002 19:53      Profile for melissa   Email melissa   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i might be going to skatefest, i don't know yet though. i'd only be able to go friday night, and i'm not sure if it's worth it...

--------------------
"why should i listen to you, cher? you're a virgin who can't drive."

Posts: 257 | From: mass | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Belong to Us!  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | nethijinx, ltd.

(c) 2000 + 19 nethijinx, ltd.