my profile / private messages | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Bored   » The Bored™   » Everything™ and then Some   » to fellow drummers (or people who know drummers)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: to fellow drummers (or people who know drummers)
Foo

Member # 16

Member Rated:

posted August 02, 2002 20:40      Profile for Foo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I have been looking into drum making a lot latley and i have found suppliers and all that stuff. anyways im looking for experience and im looking for people who want a new kit

so for the next few people who mesasge me about it and want me to make a kit you will receive the set for "at cost." i'm not charging for labor/drilling or anything! the customer only pays for the materials and for all the shipping cost. i'll even copy the receipts and send them with the order so you can see the total. there are no strings attached

all shells are Keller shells (used by all custom drum companies ie. OCDP, U-drum, medicine man,. pork pie, etc)

i can get hardware in chrome, black and brass. i might be able to get other colours but i'll just hafta look into it a bit more.

for the past 4 months i've been researching hardcore on everything. i've become part of a group of drummakers from all over the world who get together and share ideas and talk about the different techniques. i've even beed to u-drum (an amazing local canadian custom drum comapny) and have had them give me pointers, show me around their shop, and all that kind of stuff. i think im safe to say that you will get the same quality the only thing i know im not capable of right now is doing staining. anything else like doing wraps in an assortment of colours (like sparkles, satin finishes, chrome finishes, etc) im capable of doing.

i can get shells in 5 ply, 6 ply, 8 ply, 10ply, 20 ply and 30 ply and can get reinforcement rings on any of those.

as for the cutting and drilling, i have experience with that kind of stuff. i've been doing a lot of manufacturing things and courses for the past 5 years. and if you need a little more of an idea how well i did in those classes, i've never had anything less than a 94.

however, having said that the one part of cutting that i just dont have the tools for at home is bearing edges. however just because i dont have the tools doesnt mean you're not going to get them (no drums can be played without them). the supplier i get the shells from cuts the edges and it only costs you $10 per shell which isnt bad at all. plus they have a lot of experience doing edges and they know how to do them right.

This is a great opportunity to have a kit just as good as an orange county kit but for almost a third of the price

email me: mji@cgocable.net

--------------------
Come check out my band's site: Cheap Suits We're a ska band who has opened up for the suicide machines, reel big fish, the living end, and are slowly progressing towards world domination

Posts: 269 | From: oakville, ontario, canada | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Belong to Us!  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | nethijinx, ltd.

(c) 2000 + 19 nethijinx, ltd.