my profile / private messages | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Bored   » The Bored™   » Everything™ and then Some   » My best friend is terminally ill.

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: My best friend is terminally ill.
Daniel

Member # 54

Member Rated:

posted July 30, 2002 10:48      Profile for Daniel   Email Daniel   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It is a sad day indeed. My best friend, my 1987 Chevy Cavalier, is ill. We have gone through many things together. Although I have only had my license for 6 months and only drove the Brown Beast for about 4,000 miles, it is a lot when you figure it was free.

It may have left me stranded on the interstate one hot morning in June on my way to Louisville, but everything worked out and I got to go to Krazy Fest and she somehow made it back to Evansville with my parents. When trying to fix that problem of overheating, this new one popped up.

When driving to a friends house, the smell of something was horrible. It was a new smell, and not exhaustey. Looking in the mirror, smoke(actually vapor) was everywhere. I made it back home and my dad said it was the head gasket and antifreeze was leaking and burning. The price of a head gasket isn't expensive, but to get one on costs about 400 dollars. I need a new car.

RIP Brown Beast

[ July 30, 2002: Message edited by: Daniel ]

--------------------
"Hats off to the nun with the man hands."

i was/am WashinMyGoat.

Posts: 386 | From: Evansville, In, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Woody

Member # 63

Member Rated:

posted July 30, 2002 15:35      Profile for Woody   Email Woody   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I feel for you, my sister wrote off my car. It was a 91 Pontiac Bonneville, I spent many nights drunk in that thing. I drove it for over 30,000km in over a year. I miss it. I miss the stickers on the back window, I wish I still had my car.

--------------------
Learn To Deal

Posts: 82 | From: Barrhead AB | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Wasting Too Much Time

Member # 19

Member Rated:

posted July 30, 2002 16:51      Profile for Wasting Too Much Time   Author's Homepage   Email Wasting Too Much Time   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
SKIN HER BEN, SKIN HER!!

and daniel, how tragic. how utterly tragic. it is a cute car!

--------------------
you could say i do at least.

Posts: 284 | From: Alberta, Canada | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Daniel

Member # 54

Member Rated:

posted July 30, 2002 19:33      Profile for Daniel   Email Daniel   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Some maybe good news for my baby. My dad has a cousin that runs a shop that works on heads for motors and he can hook us up if we can get the damn thing out. 195 bucks for a new head is better than $500 for a shop to replace just the gasket.

I was so scared that I would have to find a new car soon that I even considered this bitchin' Trans Am. If the price is really cheap(since it's wrecked in th side) I might buy it to tinker with something when I'm bored.

--------------------

i was/am WashinMyGoat.

Wasting Too Much Time

Member # 19

Member Rated:

posted July 30, 2002 20:27      Profile for Wasting Too Much Time   Author's Homepage   Email Wasting Too Much Time   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
holy shit, my friend has that EXACT trans am. except hers has an eagle painted on the front that really looks like a chicken. ha. but the same color and everything. WACK.

--------------------
you could say i do at least.

Posts: 284 | From: Alberta, Canada | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Daniel

Member # 54

Member Rated:

posted July 30, 2002 20:59      Profile for Daniel   Email Daniel   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
My brother has a sweet ass looking, but slow ass 1980 V-6 Firebird. I want a Trans Am so I can make fun of him for having a slow car. I think this is turning into the "Daniel's Car Picture Thread".

Ahhh, might as well add the picture of my friend by my car broken down on the way to Krazy Fest.

He sucks at taking pictures so the picture of me posing was actually of the sky. His glasses are dumb and he wore funny pants. My brother's friend calls him Headdie Murphy.

--------------------

i was/am WashinMyGoat.

Christy

Member # 4

Member Rated:

posted July 30, 2002 22:16      Profile for Christy   Author's Homepage   Email Christy   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I dont know why, but I find this thread to be very amusing. I know nothing about cars, nor is Daniel's car breaking down funny. But yet, I am amused. I think it's because of the photos.

What does that say on your license plate frame? "Something something is a Rolls Royce"?

And your friend's pants kinda looks like a skirt, or at least that's how it looks like in the photo.

--Christy

--------------------
panda panda panda!

Posts: 276 | From: La Jolla | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
NSA

Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted July 30, 2002 23:04      Profile for NSA   Author's Homepage   Email NSA   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I dont have much to add at the moment..

I snapped this snazzy picture this afternoon when I was sitting around as my friend Kelly's car broke down. Of course he drives past us, then pulls someone over going the other way and ignores us, leaving us in our brokendown state. Your tax dollars at work.

Almost as cool as watching an ON DUTY Sherrif getting a lap dance at a local bachelor party.. but thats ANOTHER story..

--------------------
the Bored lives FOREVER.

Posts: 1564 | From: Galactic Empire | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
***norm

Member # 86

Member Rated:

posted July 31, 2002 12:05      Profile for ***norm   Email ***norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Paul, as soon as I scrolled down and saw that picture the CHiPs theme was rolling through my head. I know if a cop dressed like that, and on a motorcycle no less, pulled me over, I would say something like "Sure thing, Ponch" to everything he said and be humming the theme song the whole time....
It's a damn good thing I don't live in CA. I am certain I would get arrested a whole bunch.

--------------------
•Taking money from religious people is like beating retards at checkers.
• Alcoholics Anonymous is to Jesus Freaks what still water is to mosquitos
•* I understand war for some reasons. Land, money, a girl, that can be understood. Now war over god, that's a whole different issue. There is no way I can justify a war over who has a better invisible friend.

Posts: 238 | From: Norm's Ghetto House | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Daniel

Member # 54

Member Rated:

posted July 31, 2002 12:32      Profile for Daniel   Email Daniel   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Christy:

What does that say on your license plate frame? "Something something is a Rolls Royce"?

--Christy

It says "My Other Car is a Rolls Royce." I bought it at the Salvation Army for 50 cents. It is the second best novelty item on my car. My personal favorite is the Honda horn honking thing on the steering wheel. I bought it at a junk yard and glued it on the horn thing. It rocks.

And Paul, when my car broke down no one stopped. We sat there for about 2 hours in the middle of nowhere, as cars would pass by. There were actually two cars that honked and waved/flipped off.

--------------------

i was/am WashinMyGoat.

k r i s t i n

Member # 98

Member Rated:

posted August 01, 2002 01:29      Profile for k r i s t i n   Author's Homepage   Email k r i s t i n   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
this makes me want to take a picture of my car. not that it's anything special. it's covered in pollen stuff though and i think it's hilarious because of that.

--------------------
shread the gnar gnar bro brah!

Posts: 526 | From: california | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
El Guapo Vandal

Member # 9

Member Rated:

posted August 04, 2002 16:11      Profile for El Guapo Vandal   Email El Guapo Vandal   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i like my car. taking motorway interchange ramps at 105mph is so much fun.

--------------------
i hate you.

Posts: 232 | From: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Belong to Us!  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | nethijinx, ltd.

(c) 2000 + 19 nethijinx, ltd.