my profile / private messages | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Bored   » The Bored™   » Everything™ and then Some   » Attn: Canadians in the Ottawa area

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Attn: Canadians in the Ottawa area
One Girl Army

Member # 62

Member Rated:

posted July 29, 2002 20:47      Profile for One Girl Army   Author's Homepage   Email One Girl Army   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Not sure if there any Ottawa Canucks on this board, but I'll give it a shot.

Some friends and myself have decided that we're going to take a little road trip up to Ottawa in late August. This all started because I was hellbent on seeing Strung Out on their upcoming Canadian tour, and now that I've found some people who actually want to go, looks as if it's going to happen. We're going to come up the day before the show (which is August 22nd so we're probably coming up on the 21st) and more than likely staying a few days afterwards. Does anyone from the area know of any cool things/places of interest we might want to see? I mean, besides the typical tourist-y shit and whatnot.

I want some ideas on stuff we can do there in the days after the show. We'll be there until the 24th or 25th.

--------------------
*** Barrie ***
She walks softly but she carries a big gun...
Mimesis Entertainment

Posts: 222 | From: Brooklyn, NY | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Wasting Too Much Time

Member # 19

Member Rated:

posted July 30, 2002 20:29      Profile for Wasting Too Much Time   Author's Homepage   Email Wasting Too Much Time   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
my friend was just in ottawa. neato.

anyway, if you're there on the 13th, go check out the corta vita. i know their playing a show there on that day, and it looks promising. they might be playing with the plan too i think. yay!

dunno where in ottawa...

--------------------
you could say i do at least.

Posts: 284 | From: Alberta, Canada | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
One Girl Army

Member # 62

Member Rated:

posted August 01, 2002 18:29      Profile for One Girl Army   Author's Homepage   Email One Girl Army   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I won't be there the 13th. I'm going up on the 21st. If I was there, I'd definitely be at that Corta Vita show because my friend's band (The Buzzing Bees) is playing with them.

--------------------
*** Barrie ***
Mimesis Entertainment

Wasting Too Much Time

Member # 19

Member Rated:

posted August 02, 2002 06:04      Profile for Wasting Too Much Time   Author's Homepage   Email Wasting Too Much Time   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
woah, the buzzing bees. is Nathan your friend? If so, that would be odd. very, very odd.

--------------------

One Girl Army

Member # 62

Member Rated:

posted August 02, 2002 12:20      Profile for One Girl Army   Author's Homepage   Email One Girl Army   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yep, Nathan's my friend. You know him too? Wow... haha.

--------------------
*** Barrie ***
Mimesis Entertainment

Wasting Too Much Time

Member # 19

Member Rated:

posted August 02, 2002 17:06      Profile for Wasting Too Much Time   Author's Homepage   Email Wasting Too Much Time   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
ha, i met nathan once quite awhile ago. thats so wack. hes really good friends with my really good friend too. wack, wack.

--------------------

Foo

Member # 16

Member Rated:

posted August 02, 2002 20:43      Profile for Foo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
when you're there do the normal tourist things they are pretty cool. their public transit system is nice too you might wanna try that. also while you are there there is two things you must NOT do!!!...
1. try to put out the eternal flame...you will be arrested
2. do not go to ottawa's best shawama place... its horrible!!! if you dont know what i mean by shawamas... its really good food but that place makes them really bad

--------------------
Come check out my band's site: Cheap Suits We're a ska band who has opened up for the suicide machines, reel big fish, the living end, and are slowly progressing towards world domination

Posts: 269 | From: oakville, ontario, canada | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
melissa

Member # 15

Member Rated:

posted August 03, 2002 13:26      Profile for melissa   Email melissa   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i'm going to ottawa soon...next week to be exact. my brother has a baseball tournament. i will spend the weekend avoiding 13 yr olds in tight pants, long socks, and spiked shoes. and since my brother will be off with his little baseball friends, i will have no one to hang out with. besides my parents. oh joy!

--------------------
"why should i listen to you, cher? you're a virgin who can't drive."

Posts: 257 | From: mass | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Daniel

Member # 54

Member Rated:

posted August 03, 2002 20:44      Profile for Daniel   Email Daniel   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Melissa, you should be the team cup-checker. Take a baseball bat and hit everyone in the nuts. Whoever cries doesn't play by the rules. I have one little league memory of not wearing a cup and getting hit there. I cried.

--------------------
"Hats off to the nun with the man hands."

i was/am WashinMyGoat.

Posts: 386 | From: Evansville, In, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
melissa

Member # 15

Member Rated:

posted August 06, 2002 16:38      Profile for melissa   Email melissa   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
hahaha...sounds fun but i think i'll settle for being the team photographer. which sounds better, getting arrested for beating little boys with baseball bats or getting free film?

hehehe...speaking of cups, i went to only one of their games this year, and i swear to god, anyone that didn't know how baseball is played would have thought from watching them that it's just ritualized crotch-grabbing.

--------------------
"why should i listen to you, cher? you're a virgin who can't drive."

Posts: 257 | From: mass | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Belong to Us!  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | nethijinx, ltd.

(c) 2000 + 19 nethijinx, ltd.