my profile / private messages | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Bored   » The Bored™   » Everything™ and then Some   » All Nighters

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: All Nighters
Christy

Member # 4

Member Rated:

posted July 29, 2002 07:36      Profile for Christy   Author's Homepage   Email Christy   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
My lame professor assigns this 7 to 10 page paper, which I could have easily done in one page, single spaced. And its on the lamest topic ever. I just spent the whole entire night making up filler and repeating things I've already said, but in new words. This is flippin' lame. I only have like 5 pages.. and like.. 2 more hours to finish. If all else fails, I will cheat by changing the margins, the font, and the spacing. Ugh.

What's even more lame is that the girls I'm living with are not taking the same classes as I am. So while they were busy gettin drunk and playing games, I was up here in my room slaving away to my balding sociology professor who reads his already written out lectures.

It was pretty creepy how I sat here, worked on it, turned around and looked out the window and all of sudden it was flipping sunny outside. But I'm all tired now. If I nap, I wont wake up. And if I don't nap, I'll fall asleep in class! And the even better news is that I have yet another paper to work on tonight that's due tomorrow. Sooooooo. Here's to the season of summer school finals week and no sleep.

--Christy

And someone stole my Ninja jacket. I miss it. I think I lost my ninja powers because its gone. Freaking eh.

PS. It's monday. Mondays mean new Strong Bad Email on www.homestarrunner.com . That's the only thing that makes my Mondays happy.

[ July 29, 2002: Message edited by: Christy ]

--------------------
panda panda panda!

Posts: 276 | From: La Jolla | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
NSA

Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted July 29, 2002 12:29      Profile for NSA   Author's Homepage   Email NSA   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I ususally do all nighters when my computer isnt working up to its 'potential' and i decide to take it apart and 'fix' it. Or when Im bored and talking online or downloading stuff or playing nifty video games. Those tend to keep me up until 4 or 5am. That damn sun always ruins things though, Im still contemplating a way to take it out. KaZam!

And mondays.. oh glorious MONDAYS, we get the movies that come out next week on mondays, so I always like closing my store because I get to open all the boxes and its sort of like a little christmas, except I dont get to keep all the stuff. Sigh.

--------------------
the Bored lives FOREVER.

Posts: 1564 | From: Galactic Empire | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Woody

Member # 63

Member Rated:

posted July 29, 2002 13:06      Profile for Woody   Email Woody   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I occasionally pull all nighters when I am drinking, nothing else. I was pulled an all weekedn drinking fest. Was I dead on monday.

--------------------
Learn To Deal

Posts: 82 | From: Barrhead AB | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Clobber

Member # 38

Member Rated:

posted July 29, 2002 13:08      Profile for Clobber     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I have yet to pull an all nighter...but i have never needed to...
The time is coming though..my first year of University begins in September...oh no.

--------------------
Sink it

Posts: 316 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
melissa

Member # 15

Member Rated:

posted July 29, 2002 18:00      Profile for melissa   Email melissa   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i pulled my first all-nighter this spring...doing a stupid poetry project for english. i sat in my kitchen all night drinking tea with enough sugar in it to choke a donkey. i don't like poetry very much, to say the least.

--------------------
"why should i listen to you, cher? you're a virgin who can't drive."

Posts: 257 | From: mass | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Zesty

Member # 36

Member Rated:

posted July 29, 2002 19:53      Profile for Zesty   Email Zesty   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by NSA:
Or when Im bored and talking online or downloading stuff or playing nifty video games. Those tend to keep me up until 4 or 5am.

Hehe...on a school night? And I thought I was bad. I've never pulled an all-nighter as of yet, but I did stay up til the wee hours doing a term paper once.

And I've posted this thrice now! Whooo! Read through the storyline, it's funny. And fitting.

--------------------
You're not fully evil, until you're zestyfully evil!
MWA HA HA HA HA!

Posts: 206 | From: Inside my Mind | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Wasting Too Much Time

Member # 19

Member Rated:

posted July 29, 2002 20:00      Profile for Wasting Too Much Time   Author's Homepage   Email Wasting Too Much Time   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
bloody hell, i feel for you. last night i was up until nearly 4, and then i had to wake up at 6 for work. but surprisingly, i wasn't too zombie-like during the day. wack, very wack.

--------------------
you could say i do at least.

Posts: 284 | From: Alberta, Canada | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Christy

Member # 4

Member Rated:

posted July 29, 2002 20:19      Profile for Christy   Author's Homepage   Email Christy   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Staying up so late is whack, well.. not really. But it's lame when you actually HAVE to do work. I was nodding off in lecture and what not. I felt kinda bad for the professor cause everyone was so tired. But whatever. I didn't get to sleep for a little over 24 hours. And I just barely got 6 hours of sleep now.

I never had the need to pull an all nighter until now. Sure I had nights that I went to bed at 4 or 5am, but not one where I went all hardcore and didn't sleep for 24 hours. Bleh.

The visual imagery of Paul getting all giddy and excited over boxes of videos and videos makes me laugh. I can see Paul all hunched over the boxes and like.. grabbing each video and throwing it in the air like Scrouge McDuck with money in the cartoon "Duck Tails."

--Christy

--------------------
panda panda panda!

Posts: 276 | From: La Jolla | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Belong to Us!  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | nethijinx, ltd.

(c) 2000 + 19 nethijinx, ltd.