my profile / private messages | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Bored   » The Bored™   » Everything™ and then Some   » Ultimate JAWS!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Ultimate JAWS!
NSA

Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted July 25, 2002 08:33      Profile for NSA   Author's Homepage   Email NSA   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This sounds so cool! Amazingly cool!

Description:
Presented by the Alamo Drafthouse Cinema and Deep Blue Scuba
(1975, d. Steven Spielberg, PG, 124 min) Jaws was the first movie I saw that did damage to my psyche. My mother was at the opera, my dad took me to see Jaws. I was 6 years old. Every family beach outing for the next 5 years left me inwardly petrified of the razor sharp teeth of the great white shark. We here at the Rolling Roadshow wondered, if a movie alone can deliver that level of emotional wallop, what would happen if you were watching Jaws on a 40' floating screen in the middle of the night with your feet dangling in a vast expanse of deep, dark water? The time for this question to remain hypothetical has ended. Welcome to the ULTIMATE JAWS EXPERIENCE. To commemorate the striking of a brand new 35mm print of the original Jaws, the Rolling Roadshow is taking the traveling rig to an undisclosed secret location, where audience members will float on an inner tube and experience the most intense movie experience of the summer. Now we're not necessarily going to stock the lake with man-eaters and chum the surrounding water, but let's just say, the horror on the screen is not all you'll have to watch out for. Due to the dangerous nature of this event, we will not allow ANY drinking of alcoholic beverages before the screening. To calm your nerves afterwards, however, your ticket includes some liquid sedative to help you sleep. Check back here for more details and ticket information, and we will be emailing tickets holders with full details.
Showings (click on a show time to buy tickets): Friday, September 6
8:00 pm

Saturday, September 7
8:00 pm Online Tickets Not Available

Sunday, September 8
8:00 pm

[ July 25, 2002: Message edited by: NSA ]

--------------------
the Bored lives FOREVER.

Posts: 1564 | From: Galactic Empire | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
sickb0y

Member # 42

posted July 25, 2002 16:49      Profile for sickb0y        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
now if only i had the money to get to the states to see it. damn!!
Zesty

Member # 36

Member Rated:

posted July 25, 2002 18:02      Profile for Zesty   Email Zesty   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That does sound really awesome, but liquid sedative? Weird. Whatever happened to not being a wuss and staying up scared stiff afterwards only to fall into a horrible slumber filled with nightmares? That's part of the fun too. Bah.

--------------------
You're not fully evil, until you're zestyfully evil!
MWA HA HA HA HA!

Posts: 206 | From: Inside my Mind | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
NSA

Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted July 25, 2002 18:56      Profile for NSA   Author's Homepage   Email NSA   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I think they mean you get free alcoholic beverages after the movie. Heh.

--------------------
the Bored lives FOREVER.

Posts: 1564 | From: Galactic Empire | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Belong to Us!  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | nethijinx, ltd.

(c) 2000 + 19 nethijinx, ltd.