my profile / private messages | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Bored   » The Bored™   » Everything™ and then Some   » emo?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: emo?
dont be clever

Member # 64

Rate Member

posted June 12, 2002 23:12      Profile for dont be clever   Email dont be clever   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
------------------------------------------
.pass.her.by.

.artistic vision,
is equal to broken windows..

used to be useful,
but now it's a burden.

no one cares,
how you were broken...

so who's going to listen,
when you need someone.
to listen.

you're see through,
and people walk all over you.
but if they don't step right,
you break them,
like they break you.

teach them to be careful,
or teach them to replace you.
which ever is more convienent.
but when they clean you up,
make sure to make a cut.

you can't be thrown out without,
a little blood...

[ June 21, 2002: Message edited by: dont be clever ]

--------------------
discomfort comes clearly.

Posts: 13 | From: a corner of a room | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
NSA

Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted June 14, 2002 00:10      Profile for NSA   Author's Homepage   Email NSA   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
YAY! EMO IS BACK! HUZZAH!

--------------------
the Bored lives FOREVER.

Posts: 1564 | From: Galactic Empire | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
tiddlywynk

Member # 22

posted June 14, 2002 12:01      Profile for tiddlywynk   Author's Homepage   Email tiddlywynk   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
wow i haven't heard that word in a looong time

--------------------
.See.me.Feel.me.Touch.me.Heal.me.

Posts: 409 | From: Paper Street | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Jenny

Member # 31

Member Rated:

posted June 14, 2002 13:40      Profile for Jenny   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
would someone clarify? just why exactly is a full stop/period "emo"? i've never got it.

--------------------
Moi aussi un jour je serai beau comme un dieu

Posts: 198 | From: Nr Manchester/Leeds UK | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Zesty

Member # 36

Member Rated:

posted June 14, 2002 16:23      Profile for Zesty   Email Zesty   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yeah, I always wondered about that too. Maybe the periods signal depression, like you're so depressed that you pause between every word. Either that or you have bad asthma. Is asthma emo?

--------------------
You're not fully evil, until you're zestyfully evil!
MWA HA HA HA HA!

Posts: 206 | From: Inside my Mind | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
sickb0y

Member # 42

posted June 14, 2002 17:30      Profile for sickb0y        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i think it's like... to make sure that people know that emo kids know how to use periods profusely. or maybe it's to make a point??

meh... i got nothing here... nothing!!

Clobber

Member # 38

Member Rated:

posted June 14, 2002 18:27      Profile for Clobber     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Of course asthma is emo...sheesh...i thought everyone knew that.

ahhh...this thread seems refreshing to me..
perhaps this new arrival will cause some excitement..

--------------------
Sink it

Posts: 316 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Walter Sobchek

Member # 37

Member Rated:

posted June 14, 2002 21:21      Profile for Walter Sobchek   Author's Homepage   Email Walter Sobchek   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
if periods are emo, what punctuation is punk? and since when did grammar make you a scenester? oy vey....the times they are a changin indeed. i'm old.

--------------------
dude...dude. You're being very un-dude. Nothing is fucked here. Nothing is fucked. They're all a bunch of FUCKIN AMATUERS!

Posts: 237 | From: SmAlbany, NY | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
PunkMunkey

Member # 44

Member Rated:

posted June 14, 2002 21:53      Profile for PunkMunkey   Email PunkMunkey   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The exclamation point is by far the most punk punktuation...

!

...see what I mean...you use the exclamation point in a lot of punk phrases...OI!...Fuck All!...Bollocks!...nothing could be more punk...

--------------------
Have you ever felt like you've been cheated?

Posts: 520 | From: Sweet Home Sacramento! | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
PunkMunkey

Member # 44

Member Rated:

posted June 14, 2002 21:56      Profile for PunkMunkey   Email PunkMunkey   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
...footnote...ellipses (...) the three dots...are far mote emo than a period(.) one dot...I should be calling myself EmoMunkey...I don't use enough exclamation points, but I use ellipses all the time...

e.e. cummings was one emo son of a bitch...he'd throw in periods, ellipses, all kinds of shit to break up his prose...If you wanna be emo, write like e.e. cummings...

--------------------
Have you ever felt like you've been cheated?

Posts: 520 | From: Sweet Home Sacramento! | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
sickb0y

Member # 42

posted June 15, 2002 04:19      Profile for sickb0y        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
even his name is slightly emo. ha!
tiddlywynk

Member # 22

posted June 15, 2002 08:34      Profile for tiddlywynk   Author's Homepage   Email tiddlywynk   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Clobber:

perhaps this new arrival will cause some excitement..

billy isn't new...
he used to be picked on all the time on the board, so let's not delve back into that, eh?

--------------------
.See.me.Feel.me.Touch.me.Heal.me.

Posts: 409 | From: Paper Street | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Clobber

Member # 38

Member Rated:

posted June 15, 2002 12:05      Profile for Clobber     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yes i know he is not new...
But he is a new arrival...he hasn't been here for a long time...

there was no mention of "delving" back into his previous experiences here...so i don't know where that came from..
I just stated that maybe, just maybe, a new arrival could/would bring back some excitement..

ok then.

[ June 15, 2002: Message edited by: Clobber ]

--------------------
Sink it

Public Humiliation

Member # 11

Member Rated:

posted June 15, 2002 23:20      Profile for Public Humiliation   Author's Homepage   Email Public Humiliation   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Stab her Cassie. Go on. You know you want to.

--------------------
4 500 000 BCE - Ninjas discover flipping out and God gives them dominion over everything totally sweet.

Posts: 171 | From: Perth, Australia | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Foo

Member # 16

Member Rated:

posted June 16, 2002 13:52      Profile for Foo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
remember back in the day when paul banned the word emo from this board? haha those were fun times

--------------------
Come check out my band's site: Cheap Suits We're a ska band who has opened up for the suicide machines, reel big fish, the living end, and are slowly progressing towards world domination

Posts: 269 | From: oakville, ontario, canada | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Wasting Too Much Time

Member # 19

Member Rated:

posted June 16, 2002 19:20      Profile for Wasting Too Much Time   Author's Homepage   Email Wasting Too Much Time   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
periods are the new question marks.

did you ever notice that all the emo kids on makeoutclub replace question marks with periods. its like "how are you." "do you want to be my friend."

it amuses me.

--------------------
you could say i do at least.

Posts: 284 | From: Alberta, Canada | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Clobber

Member # 38

Member Rated:

posted June 17, 2002 13:14      Profile for Clobber     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i never frequent moc....i used to..
i think my picture is still up there..but i haven't checked in a long long time..hrmm.

--------------------
Sink it

All times are Belong to Us!  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | nethijinx, ltd.

(c) 2000 + 19 nethijinx, ltd.