my profile / private messages | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Bored   » The Bored™   » Everything™ and then Some   » it has begun (almost)!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: it has begun (almost)!
the placebo

Member # 20

Member Rated:

posted May 30, 2002 10:31      Profile for the placebo   Email the placebo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
tomorrow, 6:25am CST on ESPN2, the greatest sporting event in the universe will begin once again. France vs. Senegal for the first game of the 2002 FIFA World Cup. am I the only one excited about this? because I sure as hell shouldn't be. I'm probably going to be getting up at 3 or 4am every morning to see these games live (it takes place in Korea and Japan, so big time difference). I already have numerous bets going on www.sportsinteraction.com and I am like a very excited child. I mean, Argentina and England in the same group? that match is going to be a fucking bloodbath. I say Argentina takes the cup. anyway...damn, anyone else a football fan? I feel in the extreme minority.

[ May 30, 2002: Message edited by: the placebo ]

--------------------
"now it is time for you to drink the melted silver teapot! enjoy a molten beverage that will coat your insides with a shiny smooth finish! then you will eat the table because i keep my promises!"

Posts: 205 | From: nashville, tn | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Christy

Member # 4

Member Rated:

posted May 30, 2002 10:55      Profile for Christy   Author's Homepage   Email Christy   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Man. When I read the first sentence.. I thought you were gonna talk about the Spelling Championships on ESPN. Dang.

--Christy

--------------------
panda panda panda!

Posts: 276 | From: La Jolla | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
the placebo

Member # 20

Member Rated:

posted May 30, 2002 14:46      Profile for the placebo   Email the placebo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
well, no...but I'll admit I did watch that for about an hour today while I was waiting for my friend to get back from work so we could go train.

--------------------
"now it is time for you to drink the melted silver teapot! enjoy a molten beverage that will coat your insides with a shiny smooth finish! then you will eat the table because i keep my promises!"

Colonel Klink

Member # 78

posted May 30, 2002 15:52      Profile for Colonel Klink   Author's Homepage   Email Colonel Klink   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Here in France, a lotta people take their friday off just to watch the match. Zidane's wound had hit the headlines prior to any real actual and important ssue. It pisses me off. It's over the edge. There are major elections here in 2 weeks and even candidates try to talk people about the world cup into getting some more votes.

It's not only the famoust sport in the world, it's the most corrupted sport in the world. Too much money's at stake, we just watch games but a big business is running behind. We just don't know.

But, hell, go France

--------------------
Industrial Revolution has flipped a bitch on Evolution.

Posts: 665 | From: Stalag 13 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
El Guapo Vandal

Member # 9

Member Rated:

posted May 30, 2002 18:04      Profile for El Guapo Vandal   Email El Guapo Vandal   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
are you kidding? i live for football.

not only am i going to watch each game live, but im taping each game as well.

i cannot wait.

however, i am really embarassed by korea and japans pathetic reactions to hooligans. theyre all TERRIFIED, even though there really isnt a threat.

--------------------
i hate you.

Posts: 232 | From: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
thechaostheory

Member # 30

Member Rated:

posted May 30, 2002 20:52      Profile for thechaostheory   Email thechaostheory   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
PORTUGAL!!! hey i live in southeastern mass, mass amounts of portugese people, if they take the cup my town will be crazy

--------------------
you're everything i lived for.....forever got shorter

the placebo

Member # 20

Member Rated:

posted May 30, 2002 22:41      Profile for the placebo   Email the placebo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
yeah, vandal, I knew you were a fellow footballer, but I didn't know about anyone else. too bad there's only one match on tomorrow. my alarm is set for 6am to watch that one. I have money on this game too.

-France to win, outright (combination bet taking action if Argentina and Germany also win their first matches)
-Thierry Henry from France to be the first goalscorer in the France/Senegal game
-France 2, Senegal 0 to be the final score of the game at the end of regulation.

hopefully I'll get some money. I put $10 down on the first one (the combination)...easy odds but the payout is low. and I put $1 each on the other 2 bets because those are hard odds, but the payout is high, so if I lose, I only lost a dollar. I'm pumped.

--------------------

El Guapo Vandal

Member # 9

Member Rated:

posted May 31, 2002 02:33      Profile for El Guapo Vandal   Email El Guapo Vandal   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by thechaostheory:
PORTUGAL!!! hey i live in southeastern mass, mass amounts of portugese people, if they take the cup my town will be crazy

are you supporting portugal? are you portugeese? if not,. what the FUCK is wrong with you, you live in america, and the yanks are in portugals group...

--------------------
i hate you.

Colonel Klink

Member # 78

posted May 31, 2002 09:58      Profile for Colonel Klink   Author's Homepage   Email Colonel Klink   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Colonel Klink:
But, hell, go France

... or don't

They lost against Senegal (0-1). They're not allowed to lose again.
Funny cuz 21 out of 23 official Senegal team players (and all of those who played against France) play here in France during regular French championship, so basically they're trained here. Worst, the Senegal Team's coach is French...

What a betrayal !!!

--------------------

the placebo

Member # 20

Member Rated:

posted May 31, 2002 11:33      Profile for the placebo   Email the placebo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
...oh, you also forgot that that was Senegal's first World Cup game EVER, and that France was the defending world champions...

well I'm sure everyone will blame it on the fact that Zidane didn't play because of his thigh. that honestly did not look like France playing though; Senegal dominated most of the game. I'm sure France will still advance though, but first or second place is now an issue.

--------------------

Colonel Klink

Member # 78

posted May 31, 2002 16:44      Profile for Colonel Klink   Author's Homepage   Email Colonel Klink   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Indeed but the Senegal made it to Africa's championship finals ! So the Senegal "Lions" aren't that bad

--------------------

Jenny

Member # 31

Member Rated:

posted June 01, 2002 03:29      Profile for Jenny   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Colonel Klink:
Zidane's wound had hit the headlines prior to any real actual and important ssue.

did you see the papers when Beckham broke his foot? argh! one of them had a bit picture of his hairy, mangled foot with a plea to "lay your hand on Beckham's foot, and pray for his recovery". I was very nearly sick.
i think i may live in the worst affected place - CDs featuring "the world's best footie anthems" have been advertised on tv for weeks now, and thats only the beginning...

--------------------
Moi aussi un jour je serai beau comme un dieu

Posts: 198 | From: Nr Manchester/Leeds UK | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
El Guapo Vandal

Member # 9

Member Rated:

posted June 01, 2002 04:44      Profile for El Guapo Vandal   Email El Guapo Vandal   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
meanwhile i live in a nation that thinks of football as a low/no scoring game for girls and women...

i only WISH we had cds featuring chants, or the like.

--------------------
i hate you.

the placebo

Member # 20

Member Rated:

posted June 01, 2002 11:42      Profile for the placebo   Email the placebo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I agree.

--------------------

kiddy

Member # 10

Member Rated:

posted June 01, 2002 13:34      Profile for kiddy   Email kiddy   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
yanks and soccer
it just seems weird
but yeah australia didnt make it so yeah yeah
neither did the netherlands the germans are lapping it up theres a whole series of piss taking songs ,commercials and internet sites bagging out the dutchies too funny
anyway tomorrow i think will be world cup watching day

--------------------
one two screw you

Posts: 173 | From: the gutter | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Belong to Us!  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | nethijinx, ltd.

(c) 2000 + 19 nethijinx, ltd.