my profile / private messages | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Bored   » The Bored™   » Everything™ and then Some   » I did it.

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I did it.
the placebo

Member # 20

Member Rated:

posted May 18, 2002 09:31      Profile for the placebo   Email the placebo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I graduated last night. hooray, I got past the public high school system. it was threatening to rain the entire time so the ceremony was cut a little short (none of the board of education members spoke except our principal, and the chorus didn't sing any songs). I really wasn't nervous or anxious at all the entire time until I got the diploma and shook hands with the superintendent of schools and was walking down the steps of the stage when I was just like "wow...I'm finally done with high school officially and for good." that was the last thing that severed all ties with the damned school...the first was no more classes, the second was losing in the regional finals in soccer in double overtime, and the third was graduation. but anyway, I'm pretty happy I guess..the principal even mentioned the college I'm going to in his speech, I thought that was cool. now that I'm not in high school anymore, my friend and I were doing the whole 'cultured college kid' routine to people at parties last night. "man, you high school kids are so immature. once you get out of high school you'll realize what life is really about." yeah, anyway, I graduated. yes!

--------------------
"now it is time for you to drink the melted silver teapot! enjoy a molten beverage that will coat your insides with a shiny smooth finish! then you will eat the table because i keep my promises!"

Posts: 205 | From: nashville, tn | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Zesty

Member # 36

Member Rated:

posted May 18, 2002 11:34      Profile for Zesty   Email Zesty   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yay! I did too! Somehow, I don't feel any sense of closure though. I'm just like, "I'm no longer a high school student." Maybe I'm just looking forward to college, but there are some things I wish I had more time to do in high school.

*sigh* Oh, the memories!

--------------------
You're not fully evil, until you're zestyfully evil!
MWA HA HA HA HA!

Posts: 206 | From: Inside my Mind | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
LayingTiredOnSunbeamsSide

Member # 134

Member Rated:

posted May 19, 2002 19:05      Profile for LayingTiredOnSunbeamsSide   Email LayingTiredOnSunbeamsSide   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I now have a bachelors degree in computer science. go me.

gratz to all the other new grads. woohooo

--------------------
so tired of messing everything up
so tired of leaving friends behind
so tired of landing on the sidewalk
-the lemon brigade

Posts: 65 | From: Seattle, WA | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
Walter Sobchek

Member # 37

Member Rated:

posted May 19, 2002 22:51      Profile for Walter Sobchek   Author's Homepage   Email Walter Sobchek   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
yes, i now have a bachelor's degree in Electronic Media, Arts, and Communications. I hope somebody is impressed by that (all you media businesses out there!)

--------------------
dude...dude. You're being very un-dude. Nothing is fucked here. Nothing is fucked. They're all a bunch of FUCKIN AMATUERS!

Posts: 237 | From: SmAlbany, NY | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Belong to Us!  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | nethijinx, ltd.

(c) 2000 + 19 nethijinx, ltd.