my profile / private messages | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Bored   » The Bored™   » Everything™ and then Some   » Check-in

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Check-in
Jody

Member # 7

Member Rated:

posted May 17, 2002 10:57      Profile for Jody   Email Jody   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well, it is getting slow in here again, so I will ramble for awhile (that will really pick things up ). My week was pretty good except my softball team lost another game. We pretty much suck! But, Norm taught me the lingo and I went 2 for 2 (got a double on the 2nd hit) and I caught a fly ball! Oh, Norm, before I foget...Your livejournal thing really needs a mechanism for people to respond. Get on that, will ya? Anyway, I'm going to Chicago for memorial weekend to see my best friend that just moved there. Should be fun. I get to go to IKEA and buy some crappy furniture.
Well, I guess that is all I know. Not too exciting. I'm just waiting for David and/or Kim to give us a detailed report of David's American experience. Did he buy any turquoise belt buckles or cowboy hats?

Posts: 149 | From: Minneapolis, MN | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Christy

Member # 4

Member Rated:

posted May 17, 2002 11:22      Profile for Christy   Author's Homepage   Email Christy   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
As William would say... I MET THE FRENCH!

Muahahaha.

Yes. I did. He and Kim were way nice. But there was nothing to see here... so yah. That kinda sucked since I live in a fun wasteland campus.

Softball is way fun. Playoffs for intermurals is next Thursday, and I'm excited. We're probably going to lose because the other team has members from the school's softball team on their team. No fair. But oh well. It's fun.

--Christy

--------------------
panda panda panda!

Posts: 276 | From: La Jolla | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Wasting Too Much Time

Member # 19

Member Rated:

posted May 17, 2002 20:23      Profile for Wasting Too Much Time   Author's Homepage   Email Wasting Too Much Time   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
IKEA is probably one of the funnest stores ever. Aside from Toys R us and the record store. I could spend days in IKEA just sleep in the furniture...if only they didn't kick me out.

--------------------
you could say i do at least.

Posts: 284 | From: Alberta, Canada | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
kismet

Member # 39

Member Rated:

posted May 19, 2002 04:05      Profile for kismet   Author's Homepage   Email kismet   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Christy fed us and William whipped out with some aZn moves at Dance Dance Revolution. muhahaha.

more details later, perhaps. I think it'd be more interesting from David's perspective, so let him un-lag himself and then be amused

--------------------
kim
cheesygoodness!

Posts: 222 | From: here, bitches. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Jenny

Member # 31

Member Rated:

posted May 19, 2002 10:28      Profile for Jenny   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Wasting Too Much Time:
IKEA is probably one of the funnest stores ever. Aside from Toys R us and the record store. I could spend days in IKEA just sleep in the furniture...if only they didn't kick me out.

the trolleys are also good to ride on!

--------------------
Moi aussi un jour je serai beau comme un dieu

Posts: 198 | From: Nr Manchester/Leeds UK | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
***norm

Member # 86

Member Rated:

posted May 19, 2002 20:20      Profile for ***norm   Email ***norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Jody, I would love to have a reply thing, but due to several things, most notably my inability to program HTML I have no clue. Anyone want to have a crack at it is more than welcome...

--------------------
•Taking money from religious people is like beating retards at checkers.
• Alcoholics Anonymous is to Jesus Freaks what still water is to mosquitos
•* I understand war for some reasons. Land, money, a girl, that can be understood. Now war over god, that's a whole different issue. There is no way I can justify a war over who has a better invisible friend.

Posts: 238 | From: Norm's Ghetto House | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Colonel Klink

Member # 78

posted May 20, 2002 01:36      Profile for Colonel Klink   Author's Homepage   Email Colonel Klink   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well, to reply to your expectations Jody, lots of fun and of nice things and of fast food we had there.
Cool, I got to meet Kim's family and friends who were really cool (the only weird thing is her swiss uncle -- from the french speaking part of switzerland -- who barely talked to me and when he said something to me said it in weird english, wtf ?).
We had a fast lil trip (as planned). First day, San Diego (where we met christy. Nice to meet you christy, you rock the bestest ). San Diego is really nice (especially the Balboa park) and the beach to the North in La Jolla (where we saw seals -- cute but stinky).

Second day LA, I wish we could have met Paul and maybe other dudes but we didn't feel like staying in LA (although we had a nice hotel in rhedondo beach). I don't like LA, LA is gross and kinda ghetto. WE went to venice and we've been bugged by some bum because I was filming a chair with 2 aliens aside that he was supposed to use to take pictures of tourists. Venice, Hermosa Beach, Santa Monica Pier and santa monica will have been the only walking parts of our LA stay. We drove through hollywood then thru the nice ritzy hills (mullholland drive, beverly hills, bel air, sunset). That was nice but not exciting.

(to be continued -gotta go)

--------------------
Industrial Revolution has flipped a bitch on Evolution.

Posts: 665 | From: Stalag 13 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Colonel Klink

Member # 78

posted May 20, 2002 13:51      Profile for Colonel Klink   Author's Homepage   Email Colonel Klink   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Santa Barbara was really cool. We went to that "down on haley" shop on Haley street which is supposed to be a kind of official ataris shop. Tiny boutique, very ataris oriented indeed. And we found that bar, the sportsman's bar that nerf herder talk about in one of their songs.

Then we went to Las Vegas and met william (nice to meet you william, you rock the bestest ) and he showed us how he could handle a bum harasment situation. Willaim's so streetwise (by the way what was the movie this bum claimed he was in ? Bum fight ?). A lotta wind. Treasure island show cancelled so. Me sad. Well at least we've gamnbled, been at the top of the stratosphere, ate at the Mirage and went to the Caesar's Palace too, among a few other things. Short stay. We went to the Grand Canyon which is ... grand and to sedona which is newage and red.

As for american habits I wasn't used to, there was a lot of them. Lots of american flags everywhere. Found it to be a lil too much. Leftovers take-away boxes in restaurant (gross), people you don't know asking you "how ya doin ?", trucks driving insanely fast (in France, and Europe I think, they cannot, mechanicaly speaking, exceed 60 mpH) and many other things I can't remember off the top of my head.

Strangely nice and beautiful.

Oh, I noticed that the streets were really clean there... good point.

--------------------

Christy

Member # 4

Member Rated:

posted May 20, 2002 16:33      Profile for Christy   Author's Homepage   Email Christy   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
A few days after you left... There was a news report about the seals being sick and dying. WHAT DID YOU DO DAVID?!?!?!

I like boxes for my left over food. I figured since you paid for your food and couldn't finish.. you might as well get your money's worth and finish it up later.

--Christy

--------------------
panda panda panda!

Posts: 276 | From: La Jolla | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Jody

Member # 7

Member Rated:

posted May 21, 2002 06:38      Profile for Jody   Email Jody   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
So, David, essentially what you are trying to say is that you did buy a turquoise belt buckle! No actually, that sounds like a good trip. You got around to quite a few places.

William, next time I'm in Vegas, I want to meet you! (I usually go every February for the DIY bowling tournament...)

Posts: 149 | From: Minneapolis, MN | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Colonel Klink

Member # 78

posted May 21, 2002 13:01      Profile for Colonel Klink   Author's Homepage   Email Colonel Klink   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Christy:
A few days after you left... There was a news report about the seals being sick and dying. WHAT DID YOU DO DAVID?!?!?!

Oh my god ! Not them, they were so cute !
You can see pictures of them here http://membres.lycos.fr/wtj/phpBB/viewtopi c.php?t=49 and read that when I wrote "They're cute but when you get closer it stinks a lot" a friend of mine (In France) replied "That might be because they're dead". Oh no !

quote:

I like boxes for my left over food. I figured since you paid for your food and couldn't finish.. you might as well get your money's worth and finish it up later.

--Christy

I figured you also had that lil part in your brain that tells you how much you can eat (according to the food and to your hunger)

Jody, sorry, you should have told me that before I went there, I might have bought it just for the sake of spending some extra money

[ May 21, 2002: Message edited by: Colonel Klink ]

--------------------

All times are Belong to Us!  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | nethijinx, ltd.

(c) 2000 + 19 nethijinx, ltd.