my profile / private messages | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Bored   » The Bored™   » Everything™ and then Some   » Hello again everyone

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Hello again everyone
One Girl Army

Member # 62

Member Rated:

posted April 09, 2002 11:52      Profile for One Girl Army   Author's Homepage   Email One Girl Army   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hi everybody. Barrie here... some of you remember me, I'm sure. Some may not.

Anyway, you might remember that a while ago I was having a not-so-great time in my life and was taking a break from things. Well, I ended up not taking a break from EVERYTHING, but I did stop going online much and posting on boards, this one included. Some of you I'm sure have read my little sporatic posts here and there in the last couple of months, and I know a bunch of you have been reading my LiveJournal.

I just wanted to let everyone know that things are much, MUCH better for me now. I've taken control of some things that were the cause of my rut, including my school life. I transferred into a community college and I'm a part time student for now, only taking two classes. It's going well, with the exception of today (I'm home sick), I haven't missed a single class for either course and have been keeping up my grades (just got a B- on my anthropology test... I rock). Still looking for a part time job, but my money situation is alright for now as I have some saved from Christmas and Easter.

I actually have somewhat of a romantic life too... it's a bit complicated at the moment, but I won't even get into it. For once in my life, I'm actually handling it well. Being with someone (even if it hasn't been serious), has changed me and helped me personally a ton... it's made me more confident, more aggressive in dealing with guys... something I always had in me but I guess was just too shy to let out.

I'm still going to shows, but seem to have a found a "calling" in my local music scene, if you will: Working for bands and promoting shows. I currently am doing merch sales for two local bands and also promote the hell out of a local venue that some of my friends run. Who knows, maybe promotions and working for bands will end up becoming a career for me. It's something I enjoy doing, get overall satisfaction from and even though I'm not being paid for it now, its something I could see myself making money from in the future.

Anyway, I'm sure most of you don't remember who I am nor care about my life, but for those that do, I'm doing well. I think I may start posting here again too. I miss you guys and this board (even though it seems to be lacking some forums since I was last here).

And one last thing... Taking Back Sunday is an amazing band and you should check them out if you haven't heard them yet. They are going to be the next big thing, I just know it. I have a feeling some of you folks here will eat them up with a spoon. *end plug here*

[ April 09, 2002: Message edited by: One Girl Army ]

--------------------
*** Barrie ***
She walks softly but she carries a big gun...
Mimesis Entertainment

Posts: 222 | From: Brooklyn, NY | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Wasting Too Much Time

Member # 19

Member Rated:

posted April 09, 2002 12:34      Profile for Wasting Too Much Time   Author's Homepage   Email Wasting Too Much Time   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
hi and welcome back.

--------------------
you could say i do at least.

Posts: 284 | From: Alberta, Canada | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Foo

Member # 16

Member Rated:

posted April 09, 2002 13:10      Profile for Foo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
welcome back. we missed you

--------------------
Come check out my band's site: Cheap Suits We're a ska band who has opened up for the suicide machines, reel big fish, the living end, and are slowly progressing towards world domination

Posts: 269 | From: oakville, ontario, canada | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
the mdogg

Member # 17

Member Rated:

posted April 09, 2002 13:12      Profile for the mdogg   Author's Homepage   Email the mdogg   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
hola!

--------------------
www.moreorlessrock.com

Posts: 104 | From: Tallahassee / Tampa | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Daniel

Member # 54

Member Rated:

posted April 09, 2002 13:29      Profile for Daniel   Email Daniel   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I remember you leaving, then posting a few posts and i got confused. Welcome back.

--------------------
"Hats off to the nun with the man hands."

i was/am WashinMyGoat.

Posts: 386 | From: Evansville, In, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
nose over tail

Member # 57

Member Rated:

posted April 09, 2002 14:02      Profile for nose over tail   Email nose over tail   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
horray!

and... welcome back!

Posts: 304 | From: evansville | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Jenny

Member # 31

Member Rated:

posted April 09, 2002 14:24      Profile for Jenny   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
hey barrie!

--------------------
Moi aussi un jour je serai beau comme un dieu

Posts: 198 | From: Nr Manchester/Leeds UK | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
w3rd souljah

Member # 2

posted April 09, 2002 15:10      Profile for w3rd souljah   Author's Homepage   Email w3rd souljah   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Taking Back Sunday is riding Thursday's coattails of *sounds like*. I refuse to listen.

Hi.

--------------------
I like taking showers.

Mike

Member # 14

Member Rated:

posted April 09, 2002 18:47      Profile for Mike   Email Mike   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
hola.
One Girl Army

Member # 62

Member Rated:

posted April 09, 2002 19:10      Profile for One Girl Army   Author's Homepage   Email One Girl Army   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by w3rd souljah:
Taking Back Sunday is riding Thursday's coattails of *sounds like*. I refuse to listen.

William, I realize you seem to be on a spree of Thursday hatred, but I don't think Taking Back Sunday sounds all that much like them. Slightly, but not so much. They aren't even influenced by them.

Everyone else I recommend them to, though.

And hi everybody. I've missed you all.

--------------------
*** Barrie ***
She walks softly but she carries a big gun...
Mimesis Entertainment

Posts: 222 | From: Brooklyn, NY | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
melissa

Member # 15

Member Rated:

posted April 09, 2002 19:54      Profile for melissa   Email melissa   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
barrie, maybe you can put some life back into this board...it's kind of, errr, lethargic? slow? half-dead?

but welcome back. you were much missed.

--------------------
"why should i listen to you, cher? you're a virgin who can't drive."

Posts: 257 | From: mass | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
***norm

Member # 86

Member Rated:

posted April 09, 2002 20:36      Profile for ***norm   Email ***norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Glad you are doing so well Barrie, I remember you were having a prety rough go when you left. Welcome back...

--------------------
•Taking money from religious people is like beating retards at checkers.
• Alcoholics Anonymous is to Jesus Freaks what still water is to mosquitos
•* I understand war for some reasons. Land, money, a girl, that can be understood. Now war over god, that's a whole different issue. There is no way I can justify a war over who has a better invisible friend.

Posts: 238 | From: Norm's Ghetto House | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
k r i s t i n

Member # 98

Member Rated:

posted April 10, 2002 00:09      Profile for k r i s t i n   Author's Homepage   Email k r i s t i n   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
welcome back. sometimes i wondered "hmmm...where did she go?"

and lately especially i have been wondering "HMM...WHERE DID ERICA GO WITH LIKE 30 OF MY CDS? I WANT THEM BACK SO BAD, ESPECIALLY MY Q AND NOT U CD AHHHHH!!!!!! IF I DON'T GET THEM BACK SOON I WILL BE FORCED TO BUY AT LEAST A NEW Q AND NOT U CD AND TRY TO REMEMBER WHAT ELSE SHE HAS OF MINE. ERICA WHERE ARE YOU?"

--------------------
shread the gnar gnar bro brah!

Posts: 526 | From: california | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ewan

Member # 111

Member Rated:

posted April 10, 2002 18:35      Profile for Ewan   Author's Homepage   Email Ewan   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The bitterness is strong with this one.

Hi!

--------------------
Having fun or dying young?
It's hard to tell.

Posts: 316 | From: Bristol, England | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Clobber

Member # 38

Member Rated:

posted April 10, 2002 20:14      Profile for Clobber     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hey glad to have you back.

--------------------
Sink it

Posts: 316 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Erimica

Member # 8

Member Rated:

posted April 11, 2002 14:39      Profile for Erimica   Email Erimica   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
erica is going through what could possibly be the worst time in her life right now.

your cds got stuck, along with all of my school stuff, with this boy. someone i never want to see again in my life. that's why it's taking forever for me to get back.

i completely apologize...if you come down here for that thing this summer, i'll tell you the entire sordid story.

i just got my $350 worth of text books back, along with every single one of your cds this sunday night.

but now that i dont have AOL, i lost your address...email me. the email is still intact, but im usually not the one on the screen name
(im at xxmagaeraxx)

sorry i dissapeared off the face of the planet.
but please do email me your address so i can get them out to asap.
im sorry

--------------------
~Erica

Posts: 305 | From: Tucson, Az | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
k r i s t i n

Member # 98

Member Rated:

posted April 12, 2002 01:09      Profile for k r i s t i n   Author's Homepage   Email k r i s t i n   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
eep, it's ok! i will kick that boys ass for you for those things and for laying fingers on my precious cds...especially my q and not u cd... maybe you can tell it to me then but we're planning on going non stop through arizona since i think it's too boring haha, but maybe we'll make a quick stop.

--------------------
shread the gnar gnar bro brah!

Posts: 526 | From: california | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
ZoE1084

Member # 21

Member Rated:

posted April 12, 2002 08:14      Profile for ZoE1084   Author's Homepage   Email ZoE1084   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
w0rd, welcome back. the board actually does seem to be improving now since everyone is coming back.
Posts: 104 | From: DC area. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
WeakerthanNat

Member # 12

Member Rated:

posted April 14, 2002 05:11      Profile for WeakerthanNat   Email WeakerthanNat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
welcome back barrie.
im still occasionally floating around although i tend not to post much.

Posts: 69 | From: Perth, Western Australia | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Belong to Us!  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | nethijinx, ltd.

(c) 2000 + 19 nethijinx, ltd.