my profile / private messages | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Bored   » The Bored™   » Everything™ and then Some   » you speak no english?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: you speak no english?
Wasting Too Much Time

Member # 19

Member Rated:

posted April 08, 2002 14:55      Profile for Wasting Too Much Time   Author's Homepage   Email Wasting Too Much Time   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
what is your most favoured accent?

i personally enjoy the irish accent, the finnish accent and the swedish accent. although, the finnish and swedish accent are very alike. yes.

--------------------
you could say i do at least.

Posts: 284 | From: Alberta, Canada | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Neo

Member # 56

Member Rated:

posted April 08, 2002 14:56      Profile for Neo   Author's Homepage   Email Neo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I dig the irish and scottish accents. And that canadian accent is pretty damn sexy as well.

--------------------
Robots.

Posts: 64 | From: NorCal | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Daniel

Member # 54

Member Rated:

posted April 08, 2002 15:26      Profile for Daniel   Email Daniel   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I like southern accents because they make me feel smarter. "Hey, you gots any dem hot dawgs at this here store?".... I love people that shop at where I work.

--------------------
"Hats off to the nun with the man hands."

i was/am WashinMyGoat.

Posts: 386 | From: Evansville, In, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
LayingTiredOnSunbeamsSide

Member # 134

Member Rated:

posted April 08, 2002 16:16      Profile for LayingTiredOnSunbeamsSide   Email LayingTiredOnSunbeamsSide   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
the texas accent. for obvious reasons

--------------------
so tired of messing everything up
so tired of leaving friends behind
so tired of landing on the sidewalk
-the lemon brigade

Posts: 65 | From: Seattle, WA | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
the placebo

Member # 20

Member Rated:

posted April 08, 2002 17:06      Profile for the placebo   Email the placebo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Daniel, that is not a southern accent. that's just an uneducated person. an accent has nothing to do with what words you use. i feel obligated to defend my territory, because yes, i do love the south.

i like italian accents.

[ April 08, 2002: Message edited by: the placebo ]

--------------------
"now it is time for you to drink the melted silver teapot! enjoy a molten beverage that will coat your insides with a shiny smooth finish! then you will eat the table because i keep my promises!"

Posts: 205 | From: nashville, tn | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Mike

Member # 14

Member Rated:

posted April 08, 2002 17:36      Profile for Mike   Email Mike   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i like british accents. especially ozzy....

aussies are good too.

ZoE1084

Member # 21

Member Rated:

posted April 08, 2002 18:13      Profile for ZoE1084   Author's Homepage   Email ZoE1084   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
basically i like all most european accents. guys with those accents are hot no matter what. american accents..eh, nothing special.
Posts: 104 | From: DC area. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
ZoE1084

Member # 21

Member Rated:

posted April 08, 2002 18:14      Profile for ZoE1084   Author's Homepage   Email ZoE1084   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
grrr..

[ April 08, 2002: Message edited by: ZoE1084 ]

Posts: 104 | From: DC area. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
thechaostheory

Member # 30

Member Rated:

posted April 08, 2002 18:26      Profile for thechaostheory   Email thechaostheory   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
straight up english, like Guy Ritchie movies, i fuckin love it

--------------------
you're everything i lived for.....forever got shorter

Walter Sobchek

Member # 37

Member Rated:

posted April 08, 2002 19:03      Profile for Walter Sobchek   Author's Homepage   Email Walter Sobchek   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
british, aussie, and bahston. something about bahston. i like how they tak.

--------------------
dude...dude. You're being very un-dude. Nothing is fucked here. Nothing is fucked. They're all a bunch of FUCKIN AMATUERS!

Posts: 237 | From: SmAlbany, NY | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Daniel

Member # 54

Member Rated:

posted April 08, 2002 19:31      Profile for Daniel   Email Daniel   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by the placebo:
Daniel, that is not a southern accent. that's just an uneducated person. an accent has nothing to do with what words you use. i feel obligated to defend my territory, because yes, i do love the south.

i like italian accents.

[ April 08, 2002: Message edited by: the placebo ]

You are right, but mix the uneducatedness with a southern accent and you get the funniest thing ever. Educated southern accents are pretty sexy, though.(sometimes)

--------------------

i was/am WashinMyGoat.

Just Kenny

Member # 5

Member Rated:

posted April 08, 2002 23:27      Profile for Just Kenny   Email Just Kenny   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
british, australian (SO MUCH!)... i dont think ive heard enough italian... swedish... and new york

girls with accents = rockin fuck

--------------------
Truly,
Kenny

Posts: 119 | From: Freetopia | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
kismet

Member # 39

Member Rated:

posted April 09, 2002 00:35      Profile for kismet   Author's Homepage   Email kismet   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
here I count as being a girl with an accent, and no one thinks it rocks. they just mock my crappy butchering of their language. emoface

--------------------
kim
cheesygoodness!

Posts: 222 | From: here, bitches. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
melissa

Member # 15

Member Rated:

posted April 09, 2002 20:01      Profile for melissa   Email melissa   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
something about bahston. i like how they tak.

i hate hate hate boston accents. my mother's family all speak with one. so do some of my friends. i don't have anything against my family and friends, i love them dearly despite their accents, it's just that sometimes hearing them talk is like having my eardrums rubbed down with sandpaper.

--------------------
"why should i listen to you, cher? you're a virgin who can't drive."

Posts: 257 | From: mass | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
malicorne

Member # 26

Member Rated:

posted April 09, 2002 21:23      Profile for malicorne     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
australian, scottish, irish. canadian.

--------------------
big S, little a, little n, big D, little e, big E. *

Posts: 85 | From: Los Angeles | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
k r i s t i n

Member # 98

Member Rated:

posted April 10, 2002 00:12      Profile for k r i s t i n   Author's Homepage   Email k r i s t i n   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i've always liked australian accents. and lately i've liked new jersey accents. but this is more than likely because of one person i have been talking to a lot on the phone.

--------------------
shread the gnar gnar bro brah!

Posts: 526 | From: california | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Jenny

Member # 31

Member Rated:

posted April 10, 2002 10:22      Profile for Jenny   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
why do americans love british accents so much?! both times i've been over there me and my friend have caught people listening in to our conversation! im not complaining though, i get a lot more attention than usual!
i love irish accents, and scottish! (well i am practically scottish so i dont blame myself for that!)
notice nobody here has said they like a german accent!

--------------------
Moi aussi un jour je serai beau comme un dieu

Posts: 198 | From: Nr Manchester/Leeds UK | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Daniel

Member # 54

Member Rated:

posted April 10, 2002 14:02      Profile for Daniel   Email Daniel   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That's because we hate Germans, and we don't want to get spat upon.

--------------------

i was/am WashinMyGoat.

Wasting Too Much Time

Member # 19

Member Rated:

posted April 10, 2002 18:11      Profile for Wasting Too Much Time   Author's Homepage   Email Wasting Too Much Time   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Eh, Germans have ugly accents. Their language is just plain ugly. ugly ugly. I am part German. Eek!

--------------------

Ewan

Member # 111

Member Rated:

posted April 10, 2002 18:29      Profile for Ewan   Author's Homepage   Email Ewan   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Alle Deutscher haben eine sehr schõne sprache. Ich liebe alle Deutscher und ich mag Deutsch gern. Deutsch ist nicht hãßlich, hãßlich, hãßlich. Deutsch ist schõn und fantastisch. Sieg heil! Sieg hiel. Ich mag Deutsch. Ich lieber nicht Hitler.

7:¬=(

Yeah.

--------------------
Having fun or dying young?
It's hard to tell.

Posts: 316 | From: Bristol, England | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
kiddy

Member # 10

Member Rated:

posted April 11, 2002 01:54      Profile for kiddy   Email kiddy   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i like russian and estonian accents
as for me ive got the biggest australian accent and i hardly use dictionary words at all so the dutchies have quite a time understanding me
intersetingly enough when i speak dutch my accent and pronunciation is apparently quite good so there you go mind you i cant get the tongue roll thingy going i just dont have enough mucus in my throat

--------------------
one two screw you

Posts: 173 | From: the gutter | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Wasting Too Much Time

Member # 19

Member Rated:

posted April 11, 2002 09:17      Profile for Wasting Too Much Time   Author's Homepage   Email Wasting Too Much Time   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ewan:
Alle Deutscher haben eine sehr schõne sprache. Ich liebe alle Deutscher und ich mag Deutsch gern. Deutsch ist nicht hãßlich, hãßlich, hãßlich. Deutsch ist schõn und fantastisch. Sieg heil! Sieg hiel. Ich mag Deutsch. Ich lieber nicht Hitler.

7:¬=(

Yeah.

i love all germans too, i just don't like their language.

--------------------

thechaostheory

Member # 30

Member Rated:

posted April 11, 2002 10:42      Profile for thechaostheory   Email thechaostheory   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by melissa:

i hate hate hate boston accents.

take it back. no matter where i go, i get laughed at for my "boston" accent. its rediculous and not even that bad. i mean, the letter "r" isnt that important anyways

--------------------
you're everything i lived for.....forever got shorter

Jenny

Member # 31

Member Rated:

posted April 11, 2002 14:51      Profile for Jenny   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Wasting Too Much Time:

i love all germans too, i just don't like their language.

german's actually a really fun language to speak, especially when they say english words such as "baby" and "mcdonalds" in a german accent.

--------------------
Moi aussi un jour je serai beau comme un dieu

Posts: 198 | From: Nr Manchester/Leeds UK | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Geektanic

Member # 45

Member Rated:

posted April 11, 2002 19:50      Profile for Geektanic   Author's Homepage   Email Geektanic   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I really like Italian accents. My parents went to Italy and they've been trying to copy the accent ever since. its annoying.

I also like Jeremy's accent. I don't know what to call it...indiana-nanin? indiana-ese? meh. whatever.

--------------------
Do the stars conspire to pin us down like butterflies? - Jets to Brazil

Posts: 176 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Woody

Member # 63

Member Rated:

posted April 14, 2002 14:50      Profile for Woody   Email Woody   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Irish or Scottish.

--------------------
Learn To Deal

Posts: 82 | From: Barrhead AB | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Christine

Member # 48

Rate Member

posted April 15, 2002 03:30      Profile for Christine   Email Christine   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I like Irish and English accents, the little Irish guys from Lord of the Rings rock.

--------------------
Meep!

Posts: 52 | From: Australia | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Colonel Klink

Member # 78

posted April 15, 2002 10:20      Profile for Colonel Klink   Author's Homepage   Email Colonel Klink   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well, I guess all of those who think english accent is nice haven't heard any hardcore London cockney accent. I dunno how to describe... it's kind of between fast english accent and starving marvin's way of speaking. I definetely don't like it. But Irish and scottish are fine.

Anyways, I could dig any accent as long as it's born by a nice smiling face.

--------------------
Industrial Revolution has flipped a bitch on Evolution.

Posts: 665 | From: Stalag 13 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Belong to Us!  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | nethijinx, ltd.

(c) 2000 + 19 nethijinx, ltd.