my profile / private messages | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Bored   » The Bored™   » Everything™ and then Some   » Race for the Premiership

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Race for the Premiership
El Guapo Vandal

Member # 9

Member Rated:

posted March 18, 2002 23:20      Profile for El Guapo Vandal   Email El Guapo Vandal   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Thats right kids, the Red Filth are currently topping the table with 64 points, but right behind them are ARSEnal, sitting on 63 points and a god-less liverpool at 62. Those pesky geordie bastards just wont go away and have 56 points, and sit in the last, and lucrative, champions leage spot. behind them are chelsea and super leeds, with 53 and 51 points respectivley. 8 games left (except ManUre and 'pool, who have 7 each)

its going to be a good race to the end of the season. not only for the title, and not also for the Champions Leage places, and not for UEFA, but the relegation battle is shaping up to be a good one as well.

Leicester are going down. i dont think anyone will dispute that. but, above them, its anyones guess. there is Derby, new boys Bolton, Ipswich, new boys Blackburn, Everton, Sunderland, Middlesbrough, Fulham, Southampton, West Ham and Tottenham with 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 35, 36, 37, and 38 points, respectivley. 2 of those teams will be relegated and it only takes a few losses to lose major ground on the other teams.

its been a very good year, i think.

--------------------
i hate you.

Posts: 232 | From: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
paul

Member # 84

Member Rated:

posted March 19, 2002 05:43      Profile for paul   Email paul   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
die?
Posts: 51 | From: brisbane. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
phil is mondo lame

Member # 13

Member Rated:

posted March 19, 2002 07:06      Profile for phil is mondo lame   Email phil is mondo lame   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i think the Arse will win the premiership. they have a game in hand, plus Man Utd still have to play Leeds Utd again. and they WILL lose that one. Liverpool can just piss off

as for the final champions league spot, i think Chelsea will get it. Newcastle seem to be faltering will Bellamy out, and as much as i hate to say it, i think Leeds have left their run a little too late. hopefully they'll get the UEFA spot though.

relegation... Leicester is a given. the other 2 shall be Bolton and Derby County. Blackburn seem to be playing resonably well again, and Ipswich should have the class to stay up.

yep. there's phil's predictions for all who care (ie. next to no-one)

--------------------
never, under any circumstances, steal the purple magician's briefcase of tricks.

Posts: 128 | From: who honestly gives a fuck? | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Colonel Klink

Member # 78

posted March 19, 2002 13:55      Profile for Colonel Klink   Author's Homepage   Email Colonel Klink   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You follow english soccer tournament from Phoenix, AZ ?

Damn, if you wanna watch the matches in direct, you have to check it out at noon or so. If you were japanese, it would be 4am !!!

--------------------
Industrial Revolution has flipped a bitch on Evolution.

Posts: 665 | From: Stalag 13 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Jenny

Member # 31

Member Rated:

posted March 19, 2002 15:01      Profile for Jenny   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by El Guapo Vandal:
[QB]Those pesky geordie bastards...[QB]

hehe

--------------------
Moi aussi un jour je serai beau comme un dieu

Posts: 198 | From: Nr Manchester/Leeds UK | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
El Guapo Vandal

Member # 9

Member Rated:

posted March 19, 2002 22:02      Profile for El Guapo Vandal   Email El Guapo Vandal   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Colonel Klink:

Damn, if you wanna watch the matches in direct, you have to check it out at noon or so. If you were japanese, it would be 4am !!!

well... they dont exactly show football over here. i can catch champions league matches on ESPN, but thats about it. i USED to have Fox Sports World back when i lived in columbus, and FSW would show about 3 or 4 prem games a week, as well as games from the french, german, dutch, scottish, argentine leagues, and various cup matches from various countries. it was nice. also showed a lot of rugby as well.

i also think that the mighty whites can make a push for the last CL slot. not only will they make a push, but theyll get it. viduka isnt going anywhere anyways, despite what the tabloids may say.

--------------------
i hate you.

phil is mondo lame

Member # 13

Member Rated:

posted March 20, 2002 01:54      Profile for phil is mondo lame   Email phil is mondo lame   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:

welcome to my world. numerous times i have stayed up til 3-4am so i could watch a football game. and half the time it's a game i could care less about (eg. tottenham VS charlton the other night)

thank fuck the next world cup is in my time zone (give or take an hour or 2). france 98 nearly killed me

--------------------
never, under any circumstances, steal the purple magician's briefcase of tricks.

Posts: 128 | From: who honestly gives a fuck? | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Colonel Klink

Member # 78

posted March 20, 2002 11:09      Profile for Colonel Klink   Author's Homepage   Email Colonel Klink   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by phil is mondo lame:

france 98 nearly killed me

Here it made everybody's day

Now question is : after having won 1998 World cup, 2000 European cup and 2000 Confederation cup, will France win 2002 world cup ?

I guess not, that would be too weird, and we no longer have money to bribe the referees anyway

--------------------

El Guapo Vandal

Member # 9

Member Rated:

posted March 21, 2002 00:16      Profile for El Guapo Vandal   Email El Guapo Vandal   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
no they wont. i think argentina will win it. you never know who could play spoiler and surprise... (USA? Japan? Korea? Costa Rica?)

as for game times and showings, the EPL games are usually tape delayed. we get to see one live on saturday, and usually its the big game of the week or a derby match or something. and then later that afternoon another game, and then the monday game, and another game from saturday on wednesday. but i dont have that channel out in phoenix, so i can only watch mexican league football, and its not like i can understand what thier saying... so its kinda crap.

--------------------
i hate you.

SickOfSlutes

Member # 106

posted March 21, 2002 08:19      Profile for SickOfSlutes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Are you talking about "homoball" again? Wow...
Jenny

Member # 31

Member Rated:

posted March 21, 2002 11:44      Profile for Jenny   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
USA?! you are living in nearly as much denial as the entire English nation, who are nearly as dillusional as the entire Scottish nation!!! i think France have a good shot.

--------------------

Colonel Klink

Member # 78

posted March 21, 2002 11:53      Profile for Colonel Klink   Author's Homepage   Email Colonel Klink   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well, apparently you live in the "red knights" town, you know your business. I don't think Argentina will make it to the finals. Rather Netherland or Italy, spain or France. Brazil is outta it.

By the way, I was watching a bit of Arsenal (London)-Juventus (Turin, Italy). Arsenal lost but that's not the point of my remark. What was weird is that juventus were wearing black sportsuits (usually worn by referees). It scared the hell out of me. It reminded me of the "black shirts", a dzrk period of the pre-fascist italy. Considering Berlusconi (current Italy prime minister) is no better than Mussolini...

--------------------

Jenny

Member # 31

Member Rated:

posted March 21, 2002 11:59      Profile for Jenny   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
the thing that scares me is that Blair seems to have taken rather a fancy to this Berlusconi chap....(rambles away from thread subject yet again)

--------------------

kiddy

Member # 10

Member Rated:

posted March 21, 2002 15:11      Profile for kiddy   Email kiddy   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Rather Netherland
thats gonna be kinda tough considering they didnt qualify this time

--------------------
one two screw you

Posts: 173 | From: the gutter | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
El Guapo Vandal

Member # 9

Member Rated:

posted March 21, 2002 15:28      Profile for El Guapo Vandal   Email El Guapo Vandal   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by SickOfSlutes:
Are you talking about "homoball" again? Wow...

jesus christ, isnt the fact that youre an idiot established enough as it is?

--------------------
i hate you.

El Guapo Vandal

Member # 9

Member Rated:

posted March 21, 2002 15:32      Profile for El Guapo Vandal   Email El Guapo Vandal   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
oh, and i wouldnt consider ManU fans to be the know all of football. hell, show most of them a map of manchester and theyd be rather confused!

but jenny, youre attitude is exactly why the US could be spoilers. im not suggesting those teams would win the world cup. not at all. im just saying they have the potential to play spoiler for quite a few teams. the US played Italy recently in a friendly and if it wernt for one defensive lapse by a player who by all rights should NOT be on the national team, it would have been a nil nil draw. thats right, nil nil with italy having players like Vieri, Totti and Del Piero on the field amongst others. also consider the fact that Landon Donovan (who is only 20) made Cannavaro look like a fool on 5 occasions. and he hit the post in the 8th minute. sounds like a bit more than most people expect out of the americans.

and i KNOW that nobody is execting anything from Costa Rica, except perhaps a few in the concalaugh (CONCACAF, before you ask) confederation. they have a strong team.

itll be an interesting cup though indeed.

--------------------
i hate you.

Jenny

Member # 31

Member Rated:

posted March 21, 2002 15:51      Profile for Jenny   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
may i clarify something...i am NOT a ManU fan! i live near this very great city (which is renowned for far more than a football team) but this does not make me a fan!
and vandal, don't listen to a thing i say, i know nothing about football!

--------------------

k r i s t i n

Member # 98

Member Rated:

posted March 21, 2002 20:29      Profile for k r i s t i n   Author's Homepage   Email k r i s t i n   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:

you would think so, wouldn't you? me too...

--------------------
shread the gnar gnar bro brah!

Posts: 526 | From: california | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Colonel Klink

Member # 78

posted March 22, 2002 10:24      Profile for Colonel Klink   Author's Homepage   Email Colonel Klink   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by kiddy:
thats gonna be kinda tough considering they didnt qualify this time

Damn I didn't know that ! They're a pretty good team!

I've learned today that Korean organizers will pay Korean locals to scream, shout and support small country minor teams (like senegal, cameroun... countries where regular fans couldn't afforf the trip) so that it would give a warmer, better atmosphere.

Isn't that crazy ?

Translated from the Korean :
"Hi huan, what team are you supporting"
-Morocco, and I make a good $1 an hour.
-Damn me and my $0.8 paid for my cheering up Croatia !
-Indeed, time you changed!

--------------------

SickOfSlutes

Member # 106

posted March 22, 2002 19:37      Profile for SickOfSlutes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:

You're entitled to your own opinion. You and kristin think I'm an idiot, I think she's a bitch and soccer is for homosexuals.

[ March 22, 2002: Message edited by: SickOfSlutes ]

El Guapo Vandal

Member # 9

Member Rated:

posted March 22, 2002 19:55      Profile for El Guapo Vandal   Email El Guapo Vandal   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:

Your entitled to your own opinion. You and kristin think I'm an idiot, I think she's a bitch and soccer is for homosexuals.

alright. by youre own brilliant view on the subject, about 3/4 of the worlds population is gay. just when i think you couldnt be any less intelligent... oh, and by the way, its getting to the point where i dont think youre an idiot, its more like knowing that youre an idiot.

[ March 22, 2002: Message edited by: El Guapo Vandal ]

--------------------
i hate you.

SickOfSlutes

Member # 106

posted March 22, 2002 19:59      Profile for SickOfSlutes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Just those who play it. Have you seen what happens when they score a goal? Motherfuckers get ass raped!
El Guapo Vandal

Member # 9

Member Rated:

posted March 22, 2002 21:36      Profile for El Guapo Vandal   Email El Guapo Vandal   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Just those who play it. Have you seen what happens when they score a goal? Motherfuckers get ass raped!

interesting... youre a big football fan... ive seen a whole lot of ass slapping going on on the sidelines during games...

--------------------
i hate you.

k r i s t i n

Member # 98

Member Rated:

posted March 23, 2002 02:30      Profile for k r i s t i n   Author's Homepage   Email k r i s t i n   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
maybe someone raped him, so he's having problems.

--------------------
shread the gnar gnar bro brah!

Posts: 526 | From: california | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Colonel Klink

Member # 78

posted March 23, 2002 04:49      Profile for Colonel Klink   Author's Homepage   Email Colonel Klink   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
maybe he just wants to be raped but he doesn't know shit about soccer. He's jealous.

--------------------

El Guapo Vandal

Member # 9

Member Rated:

posted March 23, 2002 09:18      Profile for El Guapo Vandal   Email El Guapo Vandal   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
how fun. the scum lost to boro today, and super leeds got 3 points, and, of course, god got a goal.

--------------------
i hate you.

the placebo

Member # 20

Member Rated:

posted March 24, 2002 09:18      Profile for the placebo   Email the placebo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i'd love for Leeds to win the Premiership, but i think Arsenal will take it.

as for the world cup...Argentina! i can't wait for the first round game Argentina vs. England. that will be an awesome match. my friend bets a lot on sports, and he said that originally, the US was disfavored 1:151 to win the cup, and then a few weekends ago after they played Italy to a 1-0 loss, the odds changed to 1:89. maybe our americans have a shot...haha. realistically, i'd like to see the US get past he first round this year...but they need to beat Poland or Korea, because I think Portugal will pound them.

--------------------
"now it is time for you to drink the melted silver teapot! enjoy a molten beverage that will coat your insides with a shiny smooth finish! then you will eat the table because i keep my promises!"

Posts: 205 | From: nashville, tn | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
El Guapo Vandal

Member # 9

Member Rated:

posted March 24, 2002 16:06      Profile for El Guapo Vandal   Email El Guapo Vandal   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
if theyre going to advance, they need to beat poland AND korea.

--------------------
i hate you.

All times are Belong to Us!  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | nethijinx, ltd.

(c) 2000 + 19 nethijinx, ltd.