my profile / private messages | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Bored   » The Bored™   » Everything™ and then Some   » amusing emoticons

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: amusing emoticons
ruddegar

Member # 79

Member Rated:

posted March 10, 2002 04:23      Profile for ruddegar   Author's Homepage   Email ruddegar   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
anyone know where an unusual emoticon site is? i've found them before but i forget where they are. i'm talking about fucked up ones with machine guns, guillotines and other such things.
Posts: 67 | From: Melbourne | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
thechaostheory

Member # 30

Member Rated:

posted March 10, 2002 06:10      Profile for thechaostheory   Email thechaostheory   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
http://www.mysmilies.com

--------------------
you're everything i lived for.....forever got shorter

ruddegar

Member # 79

Member Rated:

posted March 10, 2002 07:11      Profile for ruddegar   Author's Homepage   Email ruddegar   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
actually, i ended up finding a bunch and put them on my guestbook. http://pub.alxnet.com/guestbook?id=2140030 thanks though.
Colonel Klink

Member # 78

posted March 10, 2002 10:55      Profile for Colonel Klink   Author's Homepage   Email Colonel Klink   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
nice bunch of smilies. But don't you think that makes a lot of clickable smilies for a guestbook ? I mean, the guy who wants to leave a message will first have to download 50 Kb or so of smilies ? my 2 cents

--------------------
Industrial Revolution has flipped a bitch on Evolution.

Posts: 665 | From: Stalag 13 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
ruddegar

Member # 79

Member Rated:

posted March 10, 2002 16:59      Profile for ruddegar   Author's Homepage   Email ruddegar   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
muwahaha. only about five people frequent the guestbook (all of whom are real life friends) and we enjoy abusing each other and finding new ways of expressing ourselves with emoticons. i need to make them come up in a new small window really but i don't quite know the logistics of what i have to change in the script to make them clickable so they'll appear in the form.
ruddegar

Member # 79

Member Rated:

posted March 10, 2002 17:45      Profile for ruddegar   Author's Homepage   Email ruddegar   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
[script language="JavaScript"]
[!--
function addsmile(smiley) {
doc_content = document.form.text.value + smiley
document.form.text.value = doc_content
document.form.text.focus()
}
// --]
[/script]

basically this is the script i have to change (angle brackets replaced with square brackets so it would appear here). this script makes the clickable smiley's appear in the form on the same page. if i have all the emoticons and this script come up in a new pop up window however, i believe there is just one word i have to add in front of document.form.text.... etc but i dont know what it is. i tried parent but it didn't work. anyone know anything about javascript to help me out?

Foo

Member # 16

Member Rated:

posted March 10, 2002 18:27      Profile for Foo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 

--------------------
Come check out my band's site: Cheap Suits We're a ska band who has opened up for the suicide machines, reel big fish, the living end, and are slowly progressing towards world domination

Posts: 269 | From: oakville, ontario, canada | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Belong to Us!  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | nethijinx, ltd.

(c) 2000 + 19 nethijinx, ltd.