my profile / private messages | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Bored   » The Bored™   » Everything™ and then Some   » Have you ever changed or not ?

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Have you ever changed or not ?
Colonel Klink

Member # 78

posted February 23, 2002 16:23      Profile for Colonel Klink   Author's Homepage   Email Colonel Klink   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Now that you're older, do you think the same as when you were younger?

Like : when you're a lil kid and you think such or such kind of guy is really cool but when you grow up you realize (by looking at lil guys of his kind or by checking out the same guy who also grew old) that you were wrong and that you'd rather have prefered to get the same life as the nerd in your class who's now such a cool guy than the life of the hella cool kid you were looking up to and who eventually became a beats-his-wife jerk.

All in all, it's so funny to hear back from old classmates.

I guess, I'm tired.

--------------------
Industrial Revolution has flipped a bitch on Evolution.

Posts: 665 | From: Stalag 13 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Neo

Member # 56

Member Rated:

posted February 23, 2002 16:52      Profile for Neo   Author's Homepage   Email Neo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Wow, that was a long sentence.

Yes, I have change. Back when I was little, I use to like people more. Now, I don't like many people at all. I guess I'm growing up to be bitter. Good times.

--------------------
Robots.

Posts: 64 | From: NorCal | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
SickOfSlutes

Member # 106

posted February 23, 2002 17:34      Profile for SickOfSlutes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I've changed a shitload i know. In Junior high I was always extremely shy, and it just carried over to HS. Everyone just had the perception that I was just good, shy guy. I trusted everyone and was a bit sensative to everything.

Then I got to college and I just decided I wouldn't let anyone know I was ever quiet. Now I'm known as extremely opinionated and not shy at all but I'm still a "good guy" I guess. But I like how I've turned out from when I was little. I don't feel real strongly or sensative to anything and I've become extremely apathetic. I like it

w3rd souljah

Member # 2

posted February 23, 2002 18:46      Profile for w3rd souljah   Author's Homepage   Email w3rd souljah   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I am shy. I always have been. I don't think I've changed...much.

--------------------
I like taking showers.

Erimica

Member # 8

Member Rated:

posted February 23, 2002 21:36      Profile for Erimica   Email Erimica   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
ive changed a whole lot.

i used to listen to tlc. now i do not.

--------------------
~Erica

Posts: 305 | From: Tucson, Az | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
nose over tail

Member # 57

Member Rated:

posted February 23, 2002 22:54      Profile for nose over tail   Email nose over tail   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
when i was little, i was shy. i still am.
when i was a little younger than i am now, i cared more about what people think than i do now.

some things change. some don't.

Posts: 304 | From: evansville | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Walter Sobchek

Member # 37

Member Rated:

posted February 23, 2002 22:58      Profile for Walter Sobchek   Author's Homepage   Email Walter Sobchek   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i sorta did, but not really. nowadays, my thinking is my thinking, and little things don't bother me, like what somebody is wearing. but i see nothing drastic through the years. i've stuck to my guns.

--------------------
dude...dude. You're being very un-dude. Nothing is fucked here. Nothing is fucked. They're all a bunch of FUCKIN AMATUERS!

Posts: 237 | From: SmAlbany, NY | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
tiddlywynk

Member # 22

posted February 23, 2002 23:34      Profile for tiddlywynk   Author's Homepage   Email tiddlywynk   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i've changed in lots of ways, but i don't see it as much of a "change" so much as maturing. my musical taste has matured, and so have my ethics... etc.

--------------------
.See.me.Feel.me.Touch.me.Heal.me.

Posts: 409 | From: Paper Street | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
the mdogg

Member # 17

Member Rated:

posted February 24, 2002 01:23      Profile for the mdogg   Author's Homepage   Email the mdogg   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i'm very different from the young mdogg. i used to be very outgoing, talkative, and all that. but now... i'm the shyest person i know. i dont understand it. there was nothing tramautic that happened to change me.

also, these days i refuse to let anything bother me. yay

--------------------
www.moreorlessrock.com

Posts: 104 | From: Tallahassee / Tampa | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
El Guapo Vandal

Member # 9

Member Rated:

posted February 24, 2002 01:57      Profile for El Guapo Vandal   Email El Guapo Vandal   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
yep. lots of change in many respects. and in many respects, no change at all.

--------------------
i hate you.

Posts: 232 | From: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
kiddy

Member # 10

Member Rated:

posted February 24, 2002 03:58      Profile for kiddy   Email kiddy   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i found this thing called confidence
not in every aspect of life but in certain things something that didnt exist in my life earlier

--------------------
one two screw you

Posts: 173 | From: the gutter | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Colonel Klink

Member # 78

posted February 24, 2002 05:42      Profile for Colonel Klink   Author's Homepage   Email Colonel Klink   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
And, has everyone's vision changed ? I mean, people can change because they wanna change, like you're shy and you wish you weren't.

But has anyone experienced a change in the way they see other people? A proof that every opinion is biased?

Does anyone feel remorseful or regretful about people they treated like shit, as years go by?

--------------------

Daniel

Member # 54

Member Rated:

posted February 24, 2002 11:04      Profile for Daniel   Email Daniel   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I got a job at a grocery store, and I used to hate all old people, but some of them are nice and funny. I now hate middle aged women with PMS more than I ever hated old people.

--------------------
"Hats off to the nun with the man hands."

i was/am WashinMyGoat.

Posts: 386 | From: Evansville, In, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Wasting Too Much Time

Member # 19

Member Rated:

posted February 24, 2002 11:14      Profile for Wasting Too Much Time   Author's Homepage   Email Wasting Too Much Time   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I've changed so much. Even from like 6 years ago. When I was little I was really hyper and awful (I got kicked out of school a few times). I always tried to fit in with the popular kids. Now I am quiet and shy and a total nerd with little friends.
I also fit what Garrett said about himself. I used to like people alot more and now I hate almost everyone.

--------------------
you could say i do at least.

Posts: 284 | From: Alberta, Canada | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
***norm

Member # 86

Member Rated:

posted February 24, 2002 14:19      Profile for ***norm   Email ***norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
In the scope of seeing and understanding humanity, my vision has changed a lot. I used to see things a lot more in black and white. Either something was wrong or it was right. No in between. As I get older, I see that the areas of grey that were never apparent are now the truth. There really isn't a correct answer to most questions, at least regarding society or humanity.

As for personality, I haven't changed a whole lot. I have always been outgoing, always social. That is the same. I do treat people with much more respect than I used to. Most of them happen to be women. Amazingly enough, for a long time I had almost no respect for women.

--------------------
•Taking money from religious people is like beating retards at checkers.
• Alcoholics Anonymous is to Jesus Freaks what still water is to mosquitos
•* I understand war for some reasons. Land, money, a girl, that can be understood. Now war over god, that's a whole different issue. There is no way I can justify a war over who has a better invisible friend.

Posts: 238 | From: Norm's Ghetto House | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ewan

Member # 111

Member Rated:

posted February 24, 2002 16:45      Profile for Ewan   Author's Homepage   Email Ewan   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm fairly introverted, though I wish I was more outgoing.
I used to believe in "regret nothing" though I find it hard not to sometimes.
I used to think friendships last forever, though now I realise they don't.
I thought I knew what love was, though now I wonder if I ever will...

On the upside, I have pubes now.

--------------------
Having fun or dying young?
It's hard to tell.

Posts: 316 | From: Bristol, England | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
ZoE1084

Member # 21

Member Rated:

posted February 24, 2002 19:53      Profile for ZoE1084   Author's Homepage   Email ZoE1084   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i guess i have changed for the better and for the worst. a good thing is that i care less about what people think of me. on the down side i over-analyze everyone and i am very critical of people.

personality wise i think i have become more outgoing but yet more shy at the same time...if that makes any sense at all.

Posts: 104 | From: DC area. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Clobber

Member # 38

Member Rated:

posted February 24, 2002 22:13      Profile for Clobber     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Neo:
Yes, I have change. Back when I was little, I use to like people more. Now, I don't like many people at all. I guess I'm growing up to be bitter. Good times.

I feel the exact same way..everyone bothers me..and i can't stand so many people...
all in all i don't like that many people either..

I have changed a lot...i have 'opened' my eyes about a lot of things and begun to see what life is really all about..

[ February 24, 2002: Message edited by: Clobber ]

--------------------
Sink it

Posts: 316 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Colonel Klink

Member # 78

posted February 25, 2002 11:19      Profile for Colonel Klink   Author's Homepage   Email Colonel Klink   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Clobber:

and begun to see what life is really all about..

tell us tell us, what the fuck is it all about?

--------------------

Jenny

Member # 31

Member Rated:

posted February 25, 2002 12:49      Profile for Jenny   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Neo:
Back when I was little, I use to like people more. Now, I don't like many people at all.

i feel like this too. i think it's because when i was little, i didn't talk about ethics or beliefs or anything of any consequence with anyone, so i didn't discover things that i now know about people which makes me dislike them i.e. they are racist, or ignorant, or really really stupid.

--------------------
Moi aussi un jour je serai beau comme un dieu

Posts: 198 | From: Nr Manchester/Leeds UK | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Clobber

Member # 38

Member Rated:

posted February 25, 2002 13:33      Profile for Clobber     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Colonel Klink:
tell us tell us, what the fuck is it all about?

it wasn't meant to be taken literally...
ahha

--------------------
Sink it

Posts: 316 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Christy

Member # 4

Member Rated:

posted February 25, 2002 13:46      Profile for Christy   Author's Homepage   Email Christy   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
As for personality.. I'm still shy as ever. I'm still quiet, very polite.. very courteous.. and shit things like that. The boys across the hall point out that my freakish semi obsessive compuslive behavior (such as cleaning, alphabetizing, organization, etc) have slightly decreased since the beginning of the school year.

I'm the kind of person who hates treating others badly. It usually haunts me until I make amends. The longest one lasted for four years.. It was my middle school friend and I arguing about some lame shit. She said I called a bitch, but I didnt recall such a thing. It was VERY lame and we didnt talk to four years because of that one shitty thing. Gagh. Eventually I found her again and apologized for whatever I might have done. I think its because I'm too nice and I take pride on knowing that I didn't harm anyone, or that at least I tried to do the right thing apologizing. I dont really like to be a bitch, but it happens. Eh.

--Christy

--------------------
panda panda panda!

Posts: 276 | From: La Jolla | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
WeakerthanNat

Member # 12

Member Rated:

posted February 25, 2002 21:24      Profile for WeakerthanNat   Email WeakerthanNat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i'm sure i have. i cant think of examples right now. im too lazy but isn't change inevitable?
Posts: 69 | From: Perth, Western Australia | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
damnedmitliss

Member # 116

Rate Member

posted March 10, 2002 18:06      Profile for damnedmitliss   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i agree...i've probably changed.

that first sentence was really long, so long that i actually lost what it was supposed to mean, so i hope i answered the question i thought was being asked. i dunno. i was confused.

Posts: 41 | From: 1795 | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Foo

Member # 16

Member Rated:

posted March 10, 2002 18:16      Profile for Foo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i think i've changed quite a bit. i've discovered alot about myself in the past few years and now im really humble

--------------------
Come check out my band's site: Cheap Suits We're a ska band who has opened up for the suicide machines, reel big fish, the living end, and are slowly progressing towards world domination

Posts: 269 | From: oakville, ontario, canada | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Belong to Us!  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | nethijinx, ltd.

(c) 2000 + 19 nethijinx, ltd.