my profile / private messages | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Bored   » The Bored™   » Everything™ and then Some   » Beer (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: Beer
El Guapo Vandal

Member # 9

Member Rated:

posted February 18, 2002 23:11      Profile for El Guapo Vandal   Email El Guapo Vandal   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I like dark beer. Guinness is probably my favourite. Murphys is also good and i am an avid fan of newcastle brown ale. Killians Irish Red isnt bad, and neither is this beer i had in belgium called Jupiler.

Liqour is also good. Jägermeister, Vodka (Skyy, Smirnoff, even Absolut), and my friend introduced me to Cointreau a while back and thats not bad at all.

anyone else have any favourites?

--------------------
i hate you.

Posts: 232 | From: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Woody

Member # 63

Member Rated:

posted February 18, 2002 23:19      Profile for Woody   Email Woody   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I tend to prefer Molson Canadian to anything else.

--------------------
Learn To Deal

Posts: 82 | From: Barrhead AB | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
phil is mondo lame

Member # 13

Member Rated:

posted February 18, 2002 23:36      Profile for phil is mondo lame   Email phil is mondo lame   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
you can get it shifting
you can get it lifting
you can get it milking a cow
matter of fact, i've got it now
a big hard thirst needs a big cold beer
and the best cold beer is Vic
Victoria Bitter

actually i prefer Emu Bitter, but i just had to quote that classy piece of aussie advertising wizardry.

--------------------
never, under any circumstances, steal the purple magician's briefcase of tricks.

Posts: 128 | From: who honestly gives a fuck? | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
SickOfSlutes

Member # 106

posted February 19, 2002 07:23      Profile for SickOfSlutes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Cheap ass Windsor Canadian is my current fav. I also like a bottle of Jose Cuervo every once in a while.

Favorite mixed drink is a Colorado Bulldog.

Clobber

Member # 38

Member Rated:

posted February 19, 2002 11:57      Profile for Clobber     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i drink molson canadian...sometimes i like moosehead...

i like silent sam vodka, and wiskey tends to do it for me as well.

--------------------
Sink it

Posts: 316 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Erimica

Member # 8

Member Rated:

posted February 19, 2002 13:09      Profile for Erimica   Email Erimica   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
it seems fat tire is a restaurant favorite.

why?

--------------------
~Erica

Posts: 305 | From: Tucson, Az | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
thechaostheory

Member # 30

Member Rated:

posted February 19, 2002 14:18      Profile for thechaostheory   Email thechaostheory   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
mmm, killians red. leffe is freakin good too, its imported from somewhere, my bro likes it. but killians is where it is at.

as far as liquor goes, nothing beat a handle of Jim Beam, 18$, you cant go wrong.

--------------------
you're everything i lived for.....forever got shorter

El Guapo Vandal

Member # 9

Member Rated:

posted February 19, 2002 15:53      Profile for El Guapo Vandal   Email El Guapo Vandal   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
molson canadian is my 'families' beer (our founding big brother is canadian... so that explains that)

and i think that a $10 handle of Skol vodka beats the jim beam. sure its shit vodka BUT itll get you just as fucked up, with less hangover. (for those of you who wernt aware, bourbon/rum/whiskey gives you the worst hangovers, while clear liqours give you less/none. i think only jager goes against this rule, cause it doesnt really have much of a hangover, if any)

--------------------
i hate you.

the mdogg

Member # 17

Member Rated:

posted February 19, 2002 16:10      Profile for the mdogg   Author's Homepage   Email the mdogg   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
hmm

vodka is my worst enemy. WORST ENEMY

case in point. a few months ago... the last time i was reaaaally drunk... me and my homies were drinking Skyy and Red Bull. I remember drink 1. drink 2.

then i woke up.

naked.

with a hospital tag on my wrist.

what?

--------------------
www.moreorlessrock.com

Posts: 104 | From: Tallahassee / Tampa | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Wasting Too Much Time

Member # 19

Member Rated:

posted February 19, 2002 16:18      Profile for Wasting Too Much Time   Author's Homepage   Email Wasting Too Much Time   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i don't drink beer. ew.

--------------------
you could say i do at least.

Posts: 284 | From: Alberta, Canada | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
LayingTiredOnSunbeamsSide

Member # 134

Member Rated:

posted February 19, 2002 17:24      Profile for LayingTiredOnSunbeamsSide   Email LayingTiredOnSunbeamsSide   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I can't drink beer. I've tried and it makes me sick. Not like "i drank to much and im gonna puke now" sick. just sick before i've even finished a drink. I wish i could drink beer so I wouldnt have to order (more expensive) mixed drinks.

--------------------
so tired of messing everything up
so tired of leaving friends behind
so tired of landing on the sidewalk
-the lemon brigade

Posts: 65 | From: Seattle, WA | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
John Ritter Kicks Ass

Member # 138

Rate Member

posted February 19, 2002 17:43      Profile for John Ritter Kicks Ass   Email John Ritter Kicks Ass   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Shiner Bock.

--------------------
I should be in bed at this hour.

Posts: 9 | From: Denton, TX | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
El Guapo Vandal

Member # 9

Member Rated:

posted February 19, 2002 18:04      Profile for El Guapo Vandal   Email El Guapo Vandal   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
vodka and redbull is the shittiest drink. i fucking hate it. just drink the vodka straight, the redbull makes it taste WORSE.

--------------------
i hate you.

breedge

Member # 128

Member Rated:

posted February 19, 2002 18:24      Profile for breedge   Email breedge   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by phil is mondo lame:
you can get it shifting
you can get it lifting
you can get it milking a cow
matter of fact, i've got it now
a big hard thirst needs a big cold beer
and the best cold beer is Vic
Victoria Bitter

actually i prefer Emu Bitter, but i just had to quote that classy piece of aussie advertising wizardry.

the only ad that tops that is the LA Ice one...where the girl gropes the gear stick. It's like the mentos adds, with with added sexual innuendos

--------------------
oh please, if i wanted to hear mindless droning i'd befriend an airconditioner.

phil is mondo lame

Member # 13

Member Rated:

posted February 20, 2002 03:24      Profile for phil is mondo lame   Email phil is mondo lame   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i saw the LA ice ad the other morning while i was watching some weird religious garble and waiting for YOGA TV to start. i was half expecting them to bust out some early 90's surfer words like "gnarly dude" and "totally tubular braaa"

--------------------
never, under any circumstances, steal the purple magician's briefcase of tricks.

Posts: 128 | From: who honestly gives a fuck? | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
kiddy

Member # 10

Member Rated:

posted February 20, 2002 04:30      Profile for kiddy   Email kiddy   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by thechaostheory:
mmm, leffe is freakin good too, its imported from somewhere

belgium
i thinks its meant to be brewed by french speaking belgian monks or some shit
anyway my favourite beer is tooheys extra dry
i also like vodka and rasberry on the rare occasion beer bloats me

--------------------
one two screw you

Posts: 173 | From: the gutter | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
WeakerthanNat

Member # 12

Member Rated:

posted February 20, 2002 05:55      Profile for WeakerthanNat   Email WeakerthanNat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
midori and solo or beer. im not fussy on the beer, ill drink anything.
Posts: 69 | From: Perth, Western Australia | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
That Kid Jay

Member # 50

Member Rated:

posted February 20, 2002 06:01      Profile for That Kid Jay   Email That Kid Jay   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Mmmm, hot chocolate.
Posts: 164 | From: Connecticut | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Jenny

Member # 31

Member Rated:

posted February 20, 2002 13:42      Profile for Jenny   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by El Guapo Vandal:
i am an avid fan of newcastle brown ale.

tell the truth! you just like anything british!

--------------------
Moi aussi un jour je serai beau comme un dieu

Posts: 198 | From: Nr Manchester/Leeds UK | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
El Guapo Vandal

Member # 9

Member Rated:

posted February 20, 2002 20:41      Profile for El Guapo Vandal   Email El Guapo Vandal   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
right... everything british... lets break down the list...

guinness and murphy's are from ireland. not british, newcastle is english, killians is american, jupiler, is, obviously, belgian, jager is german, vodka is sweden (absolut) and russia (smirnoff) and ??? (skyy), cointreau is french

--------------------
i hate you.

kiddy

Member # 10

Member Rated:

posted February 21, 2002 02:50      Profile for kiddy   Email kiddy   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i love it how the easterners call vodka ,wodka
i just makes the drink sound a whole lot better

--------------------
one two screw you

Jenny

Member # 31

Member Rated:

posted February 21, 2002 09:51      Profile for Jenny   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
it was a joke! (i was referring to the whole football (soccer) obsession too)

[ February 21, 2002: Message edited by: Jenny ]

--------------------

***norm

Member # 86

Member Rated:

posted February 21, 2002 11:32      Profile for ***norm   Email ***norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Some Smirnoff is actually American now. Same with Jose Cuervo. Much of it is bottled close to me in Allen Park, MI.

Skyy is American Vodka

--------------------
•Taking money from religious people is like beating retards at checkers.
• Alcoholics Anonymous is to Jesus Freaks what still water is to mosquitos
•* I understand war for some reasons. Land, money, a girl, that can be understood. Now war over god, that's a whole different issue. There is no way I can justify a war over who has a better invisible friend.

Posts: 238 | From: Norm's Ghetto House | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
hollyhox

Member # 35

Member Rated:

posted February 21, 2002 13:57      Profile for hollyhox   Author's Homepage   Email hollyhox   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i love anything that's british.

mikes hard lemonade is good, but what do i know about drinks? nothing.

--------------------
>>*i didnt know i made friends with fucking rock critics.*<

Posts: 30 | From: appleton, wi | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
the placebo

Member # 20

Member Rated:

posted February 22, 2002 11:56      Profile for the placebo   Email the placebo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
most people at my school drink natural light, because it's like $2.99 for a six pack. if i'm short on cash, i'll get it, but if it's beer i usually just stick with miller high life. it's hard to get imports in high school. although one time i had some orange german beer that was absolutely delicious and very strong. for liquor, i just drink jack daniels straight out of the bottle. or if i'm feeling fancy i'll have a 7 & 7 (7-up and seagram's 7) or some other mixed drink.

--------------------
"now it is time for you to drink the melted silver teapot! enjoy a molten beverage that will coat your insides with a shiny smooth finish! then you will eat the table because i keep my promises!"

Posts: 205 | From: nashville, tn | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Jenny

Member # 31

Member Rated:

posted February 23, 2002 17:09      Profile for Jenny   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by hollyhox:
[QB]i love anything that's british.
QB]

like me?
i like to drink stella artois, or becks (but i guess that's lager) or archers and lemonade.
mmmm-mmm.

--------------------

Colonel Klink

Member # 78

posted February 24, 2002 06:07      Profile for Colonel Klink   Author's Homepage   Email Colonel Klink   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by El Guapo Vandal:
right... everything british... lets break down the list...

guinness and murphy's are from ireland. not british, newcastle is english, killians is american, jupiler, is, obviously, belgian, jager is german, vodka is sweden (absolut) and russia (smirnoff) and ??? (skyy), cointreau is french

As a fine beer expert, I have to give some details : the country where you drink the more beer per inhabitant: Germany, then England.

But the country that produces the most number of beer brands is Belgium.

And as a proud fan of Killian's, I have to correct you, sorry, it's Irish (it's even StPatrick Day's official beer this year, yup, not guiness), and Ireland's Kilkenny is more famous than Murphy's black stout.

New Castle brown Ale (They call it a "dog" there) is fine, but usually english beer is piss, just like american beer (sorry, dudes, it's real truth). That's why english people drink a lotta beer (even girls there won't drink less than a pint). It's because the average alcohol percentage is only 3°. I scarcely drink less than 5° beers, because light beers are tasteless.

A lotta beers are produced in France too, especially as soon as you talk about quantity. I leave in a port on the British Channel and I can tell you that every week I can see tons of englishmen buying heaps and heaps of beer here, because it's cheaper. These dudes just do the commute on that purpose only. Some even don't go down the boat. They buy the beer on the boat, and that's it

Cointreau isn't a beer but a spirit from the Western France

So my favorite beers are belgian Leffe, Grimbergen, Chimay, Irish Killians and french Desperados (which is more of a beer "cocktail"). If you ever come across one of those, taste it, I promise it's yummy.

--------------------
Industrial Revolution has flipped a bitch on Evolution.

Posts: 665 | From: Stalag 13 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
kismet

Member # 39

Member Rated:

posted February 24, 2002 08:20      Profile for kismet   Author's Homepage   Email kismet   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
the redbull makes it taste WORSE.

While I've never done the redbull/vodka mix, I happen to actually ENJOY the taste of red bull. I seem to be the only one though.

And David likes boy beers. They aren't girly enough for my liking.

[ February 24, 2002: Message edited by: kismet ]

--------------------
kim
cheesygoodness!

Posts: 222 | From: here, bitches. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
hollyhox

Member # 35

Member Rated:

posted February 24, 2002 15:36      Profile for hollyhox   Author's Homepage   Email hollyhox   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i thought red bull mixed with vodka killed people?
jenny i love british things but i'm also straight, sorry babe.

--------------------
>>*i didnt know i made friends with fucking rock critics.*<

Posts: 30 | From: appleton, wi | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
tiddlywynk

Member # 22

posted February 24, 2002 15:53      Profile for tiddlywynk   Author's Homepage   Email tiddlywynk   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i've only had corona, heinekin, crown royal, skyy with cherry liquour, and various chardonnays and champagne.

i liked champagne and chardonnay best, with cherry skyy second. the rest kinda sucked.

--------------------
.See.me.Feel.me.Touch.me.Heal.me.

Posts: 409 | From: Paper Street | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ewan

Member # 111

Member Rated:

posted February 24, 2002 16:55      Profile for Ewan   Author's Homepage   Email Ewan   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Kronenbourg, Stella, Red Stripe, Michelob, & Nastro Azzuro all get my vote. Gotta be premium strength. Stuff like Carling and Heineken is just piss.

-Also, if anyone here ever goes to Belgium, take a trip to the Stella Atrois brewery. There's free beer at the end of the guided tour.

[ February 24, 2002: Message edited by: Ewan ]

--------------------
Having fun or dying young?
It's hard to tell.

Posts: 316 | From: Bristol, England | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Walter Sobchek

Member # 37

Member Rated:

posted February 24, 2002 18:48      Profile for Walter Sobchek   Author's Homepage   Email Walter Sobchek   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
There's this beer "restaurant" around my area that has like 300 beers on list changing bi-weekly or so, from around the world. awesome place. I once had a Skullsplitter Ale from Scotland i believe. Just the name is cool. It's like going to a wine tasting thing, but with fancy beers. Woo-ha.

Oh, and as a favorite, I'm cheap and easy. Rolling Rock all the way. Bass Ale in second. Two opposite ends of the spectrum there, no?

--------------------
dude...dude. You're being very un-dude. Nothing is fucked here. Nothing is fucked. They're all a bunch of FUCKIN AMATUERS!

Posts: 237 | From: SmAlbany, NY | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
El Guapo Vandal

Member # 9

Member Rated:

posted February 24, 2002 20:55      Profile for El Guapo Vandal   Email El Guapo Vandal   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Colonel Klink:
And as a proud fan of Killian's, I have to correct you, sorry, it's Irish (it's even StPatrick Day's official beer this year, yup, not guiness), and Ireland's Kilkenny is more famous than Murphy's black stout.

Cointreau isn't a beer but a spirit from the Western France

killians irish red was bought by coors i do believe, and is brewed in the US. at least to my current understanding. perhaps there is a differant version in ireland. and kilkenny, fuck, i knew i forgot something...

also, i am well aware that cointreau isnt a beer, in fact, if youll note, the "beer" title is quite misleading, as i went off on all kinds of tangents listing a few differant liqours. (i.e vodka, jager, and so forth)

--------------------
i hate you.

Colonel Klink

Member # 78

posted February 25, 2002 10:34      Profile for Colonel Klink   Author's Homepage   Email Colonel Klink   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ewan:
Kronenbourg, Stella, Red Stripe, Michelob, & Nastro Azzuro all get my vote. Gotta be premium strength. Stuff like Carling and Heineken is just piss.

-Also, if anyone here ever goes to Belgium, take a trip to the Stella Atrois brewery. There's free beer at the end of the guided tour.

Haha, Kronembourg (we call it 'Kro' here) is so white trash here. Although for punks it's a high class beer (expensive). I agree Carling is piss, although that's almost the only draught beer I could find anywhere in England.

And almost all belgian breweries do that stuff, they don't need any "exit" neonlight sign there, if you wanna find your way out, go where everyone goes.
North of France produces a lot of "bières de garde" (which are beers that are fermentized naturally without adjunction of any bacterias -unlike regular beers). They taste special but they're good (and strong).

Do you know that there are many beers that are around 12° alcohol (Thomas Hardy's Ale, Hoegarden Julius, Leffe Triple, Demon's Beer...)

Oh White beer (Hoegarden, Bruges' White...) are also delicious, drink them with a lemon slice...

And Vandal, I see your point, I just wanted to give details about it because... cointreau is french
And prolly the killian's you drink there is produced there because it's cheapaer than shipping it from Ireland. I'm sure it's Irish.

Like Budweiser in Europe is produced in Czek Republic (Prague). And, although I find it tasteless, I've been told the US version was even more like piss.

Which reminds me of this guess :
What's the difference between american beer and making love in a canoe ?
-No difference, it's fucking close to water.

But you have the best bourbons

[ February 25, 2002: Message edited by: Colonel Klink ]

--------------------
Industrial Revolution has flipped a bitch on Evolution.

Posts: 665 | From: Stalag 13 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
kiddy

Member # 10

Member Rated:

posted February 26, 2002 00:52      Profile for kiddy   Email kiddy   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i once had a six pack of gulpener het canon a dutch beer at 11% alcohol ,that shit fucks you up and it doesnt really taaste nice either
id say the best tasting beer are around the 5% mark personally

--------------------
one two screw you

All times are Belong to Us!
This topic is comprised of pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | nethijinx, ltd.

(c) 2000 + 19 nethijinx, ltd.