my profile / private messages | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Bored   » The Bored™   » Everything™ and then Some   » My speech

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: My speech
NSA

Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted February 13, 2002 21:08      Profile for NSA   Author's Homepage   Email NSA   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Here is a speech I just had to write.. lemme know what you think. Its just supposed to be telling a story, nothing fancy.

-----------------------

Paul’s Vegas Vacation.

Draft #1.

Intro:

Sex,.. power,.. corruption. (Pause) Unfortunately, my story has none of these. My story is much more pathetic in nature, it is about me getting horribly lost, and how I learned not to trust my friends for directions. For the sake of argument, we’ll call my friends Mitch and Craig, since, well, that is their names and all. This story revolves around our trip home from Las Vegas the weekend before school started.

Body:

So we were in Vegas, living it up, having a pretty good time. Lost some money, saw some shows and attempted to talk to about 3 girls. Either way, on our way home we decided to take a small “detour” of sorts. It was my friend Craig’s birthday and we decided to get him a unique present. Now to understand the present, you have to understand a bit about Craig, he is seemingly terrified of girls and we don’t think he’s touched one before, so we decided to help him overcome his fear by doing the only logical thing. Hire a prostitute! And prostitution is only legal in one county in Nevada, and it’s about an hours drive from Vegas. Unfortunately, when we finally got to ‘Madame Butterflies’, Craig wussed out and went back to the car. My friend Mitch and I had a harder time leaving the place, no pun intended! So we got back in the car and drove into Pahrump, which was the closest town. We got gas, and it was my turn to drive. Mistake number 1. Mitch became the navigator, and insisted he knew a ‘shortcut’ back to Los Angeles. I figured ‘what the hell’ and figured he knew what he was talking about. Mistake number 2. By now, it was getting pretty dark, and I didn’t know where the hell I was going. Finally, about 30 minutes later we came to a fork in the road. There was a sign which read “Baker <- 45 miles, Death Valley –> 15 miles”. For anyone who’s ever been to Vegas, you should know Baker as the town with the huge thermometer, along the 15 freeway. I recommended going towards Baker, since it took us back to the freeway and back on track. But no! Mitch insisted that his ‘shortcut’ went through Death Valley, or so he ‘thought’ he remembered. But I wasn’t going to budge, and I turned the car towards Baker. In pipes Craig saying “Well maybe Mitch is right, let’s go his way. It’ll be an adventure!” His exact words, oh the irony. The fatal Mistake number 3. So I turn the car around and head off into the darkness. And dark it was, no lights, no signs, no other cars, there was not even a moon out that night. We kept driving and driving, and I could only see about 10 feet to my right and left and maybe 20-30 feet in front of me, everything else was pitch black. Oh it was great. Every hour or so we’d see a car going the opposite direction, so we got a little hope we were almost there, but no, the road went ever on and on. Finally, and I do mean finally, we saw some lights up on the horizon, and we all kind of figured it was San Bernardino, but when we got over the hill we saw it was just a little town and a lake. We’re all thinking, “a lake? Where the hell did a lake come from?” Then we see a sign! Oh the glorious sign, it says Los Angles one way, and Bishop the other. We all cheered, we were saved! There was a gas station up the road a bit, but I just kept on driving, since we were almost home. Ha. Literally 4 seconds later there was another sign. Los Angeles: 209 miles. Christ. I did another quick U-Turn and went back to the gas station. Oh how they laughed at us. Apparently, we had gotten ourselves half-way to Tahoe, and were still a good 3 or 4 hours from LA. Oh the humility.

Conclusion:

The rest of the drive went pretty smoothly, doing 95-100 the whole way back, laughing and cursing at our stupidity. We finally got home around midnight, NINE hours after we left Vegas. Nine hours! It took us 4 ½ hours to get there in the first place. Ah! And that is how I learned never to trust my friends with directions again!

--------------------
the Bored lives FOREVER.

Posts: 1564 | From: Galactic Empire | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
SickOfSlutes

Member # 106

posted February 13, 2002 22:07      Profile for SickOfSlutes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
My ADD kicked in and I couldn't get past the opening, but it was a damn good one!
Zesty

Member # 36

Member Rated:

posted February 14, 2002 14:13      Profile for Zesty   Email Zesty   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by NSA:
My friend Mitch and I had a harder time leaving the place, no pun intended!

You're cheesy. What was this speech for, anyway?

--------------------
You're not fully evil, until you're zestyfully evil!
MWA HA HA HA HA!

Posts: 206 | From: Inside my Mind | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
NSA

Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted February 14, 2002 16:44      Profile for NSA   Author's Homepage   Email NSA   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
My speech class. Heh. We had to do a story or something. I had to do it today, and I think I did alright, I only had last night and this morning to practice it, and we didnt get any notes, but then again, it was MY story.. so I think I did alright

Thanks (you two) for (attempting) reading it though!

--------------------
the Bored lives FOREVER.

melissa

Member # 15

Member Rated:

posted February 14, 2002 18:06      Profile for melissa   Email melissa   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
it made me laugh.

--------------------
"why should i listen to you, cher? you're a virgin who can't drive."

Posts: 257 | From: mass | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Clobber

Member # 38

Member Rated:

posted February 14, 2002 19:12      Profile for Clobber     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I like it..
i enjoyed hearing about mistakes 1,2, and 3.

--------------------
Sink it

Posts: 316 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
nose over tail

Member # 57

Member Rated:

posted February 14, 2002 20:23      Profile for nose over tail   Email nose over tail   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
haha. find it quite amusing. you're the man, paul.
Posts: 304 | From: evansville | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
NSA

Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted February 15, 2002 00:25      Profile for NSA   Author's Homepage   Email NSA   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Woohoo! The critics have spoken! Seriously whenever I get around to finishing the pictures from the Vegas trip it's gonna be hella funny. It'd almost make a comical movie.. me and my friends are so stupid its funny. Oh boy.

But yeah, thanks again for reading it. I got 50 out of 50 for the speech, but the next one is going to be harder, it has to be an "Informational" speech.. any ideas?

--------------------
the Bored lives FOREVER.

***norm

Member # 86

Member Rated:

posted February 15, 2002 08:56      Profile for ***norm   Email ***norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
My speech of information was about beer and why it was so good. Got a great grade on it too...

--------------------
•Taking money from religious people is like beating retards at checkers.
• Alcoholics Anonymous is to Jesus Freaks what still water is to mosquitos
•* I understand war for some reasons. Land, money, a girl, that can be understood. Now war over god, that's a whole different issue. There is no way I can justify a war over who has a better invisible friend.

Posts: 238 | From: Norm's Ghetto House | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Walter Sobchek

Member # 37

Member Rated:

posted February 15, 2002 09:48      Profile for Walter Sobchek   Author's Homepage   Email Walter Sobchek   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i'm taking a speech class now also, and i have to give an "informational speech" in a week or so too. I'm also stuck on ideas. The beer speech had to be intersting. only idea i had was Simpsons related, but i don't know if that'll fly.

My teacher doesn't want us writing any speeches. he says it then turns to an essay, not a speech. so preparation is key. it's a kick ass class so far though. a nice was to finish out school.

[ February 15, 2002: Message edited by: Walter Sobchek ]

--------------------
dude...dude. You're being very un-dude. Nothing is fucked here. Nothing is fucked. They're all a bunch of FUCKIN AMATUERS!

Posts: 237 | From: SmAlbany, NY | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Belong to Us!  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | nethijinx, ltd.

(c) 2000 + 19 nethijinx, ltd.