my profile / private messages | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Bored   » The Bored™   » Everything™ and then Some   » Patriots!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Patriots!
Walter Sobchek

Member # 37

Member Rated:

posted February 04, 2002 07:56      Profile for Walter Sobchek   Author's Homepage   Email Walter Sobchek   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Nobody posted on this yet? One of the best Super Bowls in recent memory?? Wow, what a game. Tom Brady is actually a pretty damn good QB. What bad ankle? And the pats' D was insane most of the game. Makes you wonder where the 14 point spread came from. It made things easy for me though.

--------------------
dude...dude. You're being very un-dude. Nothing is fucked here. Nothing is fucked. They're all a bunch of FUCKIN AMATUERS!

Posts: 237 | From: SmAlbany, NY | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
phil is mondo lame

Member # 13

Member Rated:

posted February 04, 2002 08:30      Profile for phil is mondo lame   Email phil is mondo lame   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
what? a team called the patriots won? does this seem mighty suss to anyone else?

grid iron = professional wrestling with balls. IT'S ALL RIGGED

(please don't abuse me...)

--------------------
never, under any circumstances, steal the purple magician's briefcase of tricks.

Posts: 128 | From: who honestly gives a fuck? | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Foo

Member # 16

Member Rated:

posted February 04, 2002 10:47      Profile for Foo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
thats funny you said that. i was comming home from a hockey game and listening to the superbowl on the radio and the announcer was saying that "the patriots won because of the whole 9/11 thing. their name shows that they are strong and should win the superbowl and because of their name they were destined to be the winners" i found it funny cuz it made it seem extremely rigged

--------------------
Come check out my band's site: Cheap Suits We're a ska band who has opened up for the suicide machines, reel big fish, the living end, and are slowly progressing towards world domination

Posts: 269 | From: oakville, ontario, canada | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
El Guapo Vandal

Member # 9

Member Rated:

posted February 04, 2002 11:16      Profile for El Guapo Vandal   Email El Guapo Vandal   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Super Bore if you ask me. a 60 minute game, in which there is only about 20 minutes of actual plays, takes over 3 hours. incredible. did you know that it will likely not even be in the top 100 watched sporting events this year?

--------------------
i hate you.

Posts: 232 | From: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
***norm

Member # 86

Member Rated:

posted February 04, 2002 12:16      Profile for ***norm   Email ***norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
did you know that it will likely not even be in the top 100 watched sporting events this year

Umm, are you high? The top 100 sporting events world wide or in the US?

In the US, it will be, as usual, the most watched single program of the year. Nothing in the US compares to the super bowl as far as viewership. NOTHING.
As far as the world, there may be a few things that will be watched more than the bowl, but in terms of total viewership, I doubt that even 10 will compare to the Super Bowl.

--------------------
•Taking money from religious people is like beating retards at checkers.
• Alcoholics Anonymous is to Jesus Freaks what still water is to mosquitos
•* I understand war for some reasons. Land, money, a girl, that can be understood. Now war over god, that's a whole different issue. There is no way I can justify a war over who has a better invisible friend.

Posts: 238 | From: Norm's Ghetto House | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
El Guapo Vandal

Member # 9

Member Rated:

posted February 04, 2002 13:13      Profile for El Guapo Vandal   Email El Guapo Vandal   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
actually, i wouldnt be surprised if the world cup surpasses the super bowl in US viewership. they had what, 33.4 BILLION viewers (overall, obviously) last time around, and this time are expecting 50 billion. then there are the olympics, and then english, italian and spanish league football matches, both of which have high viewership. i bet that the FA Cup final, the Champions League final for sure, and the Scudetto final will probably compare. i bet that almost EVERY world cup game will get higher ratings i cant remember where it was, but i read somewhere that the match between manchester united and west ham rated higher than the last super bowl.

and obviously, im talking about world wide.

--------------------
i hate you.

melissa

Member # 15

Member Rated:

posted February 04, 2002 13:54      Profile for melissa   Email melissa   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
well i'm sure the part of my family that cares about football is most excited. they're pats fans.

yay pats, or something.

--------------------
"why should i listen to you, cher? you're a virgin who can't drive."

Posts: 257 | From: mass | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Foo

Member # 16

Member Rated:

posted February 04, 2002 13:54      Profile for Foo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
isn't there only something like 6 billion ppl in the world? i remember hearing them announce that the wprld's 6 billionth person was born last year. i doubt it skyrocketed to over 50 billion in one year

--------------------
Come check out my band's site: Cheap Suits We're a ska band who has opened up for the suicide machines, reel big fish, the living end, and are slowly progressing towards world domination

Posts: 269 | From: oakville, ontario, canada | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
El Guapo Vandal

Member # 9

Member Rated:

posted February 04, 2002 13:56      Profile for El Guapo Vandal   Email El Guapo Vandal   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
that was overall viewershi, as i said.

thats the addition of the viewership of all the games. if you want single figures, i think it was something like 3.2 billion people watched the world cup final in 98.

--------------------
i hate you.

Daniel

Member # 54

Member Rated:

posted February 04, 2002 14:17      Profile for Daniel   Email Daniel   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The Raiders got screwed, so i didn't care who won. Overall, the first 3/4 of the game sucked, but the 4th quarter made up for it.

--------------------
"Hats off to the nun with the man hands."

i was/am WashinMyGoat.

Posts: 386 | From: Evansville, In, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Walter Sobchek

Member # 37

Member Rated:

posted February 04, 2002 14:37      Profile for Walter Sobchek   Author's Homepage   Email Walter Sobchek   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
the olympics, the world cup, these are both multiple game/event dealings. the super bowl is one 4 hour broadcast, which this year pulled in a 61 share/42.5 rating. this is shy of the top 10 tv broadcasts ALL TIME by 5 ratings points! and it's 8th out of the last 10 super bowls with these numbers! the world cup is not on this list, and one day of olympics (1994 harding vs. kerrigan battle) is. come on now. in the US alone, the world cup doesnt make it to broadcast tv until the ending of the tournament draws near. if you take the numbers OF THE WHOLE TOURNAMENT, then there's a comparison.

And back to the game, damn I would have loved to see Adam Vinatieri walk away with the MVP. He sliced the uprights from 48 yards unnerved. Would have been cool to see the kicker be the MVP.

--------------------
dude...dude. You're being very un-dude. Nothing is fucked here. Nothing is fucked. They're all a bunch of FUCKIN AMATUERS!

SickOfSlutes

Member # 106

posted February 04, 2002 15:56      Profile for SickOfSlutes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
And yeah, this is the US, who really gives a shit about soccer anyways.

I loved the game last night; thought it was incredible. I too would rather have had Adam walk away with the MVP, he's the reason they were there in the first place. Remember the Raiders game? 2 long field goals IN A BLIZZARD. And then 2 fg's of 45 plus yards in the biggest game of the year with almost half the country (those with TV's on) watching. I mean, damn. That's clutch

El Guapo Vandal

Member # 9

Member Rated:

posted February 04, 2002 16:12      Profile for El Guapo Vandal   Email El Guapo Vandal   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
are you kidding, more than half of the population of the entire world is supposed to watch the world cup final. youre talking half the country? this is half the WORLD. that is 3+ billion viewers for a 2 hour broadcast. as i said, the rest of the world cup games will very likely out draw the super bowl (worldwide, at least) in terms of viewership.

and actually, every single world cup game is going to be broadcast in the united states. most games of the 94 and 98 games were as well. also, look at the world cup tv package deals that the television companies were vying over in other countries, youd think that nasa came up with those numbers.

sports in the us are still backwards anyways, so i digress.

--------------------
i hate you.

the placebo

Member # 20

Member Rated:

posted February 04, 2002 18:06      Profile for the placebo   Email the placebo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i agree with el guapo vandal mostly. i definitely don't think all the world cup matches will beat the super bowl in viewership, but many will, especially the final. of the first round, i think that the one that will be watched the most will be the argentina-england match (which argentina will win...they will win the cup actually). definitely the FA cup and champions league final will rival the bowl, but i don't know how well they'll do.

i'm very excited about the world cup this year though. about 13 of my friends and i will be in costa rica on a senior trip during june, so i'm excited to watch the cup games in bars or whatever with some natives who truly love the game. too bad the US won't make it past first round as usual. they MIGHT...if they can beat poland, which probably won't happen. the US will be destroyed by portugal. probably something like 4-0 or 5-0. there will definitely be good matches though, like the argentina-england match first round...how cool is that. argentina will take the cup though.

--------------------
"now it is time for you to drink the melted silver teapot! enjoy a molten beverage that will coat your insides with a shiny smooth finish! then you will eat the table because i keep my promises!"

Posts: 205 | From: nashville, tn | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
thechaostheory

Member # 30

Member Rated:

posted February 04, 2002 19:20      Profile for thechaostheory   Email thechaostheory   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Walter Sobchek:
Tom Brady is actually a pretty damn good QB.

NO HES NOT!!!! Bledsoe shouldve been in that game. how can an mvp throw for a total of like 140 yards on 20+ passes, bullshit. im from freakin new england and i cant stand the guy. i cant wait til bledsoe is a Buc and he takes em to the bowl!

--------------------
you're everything i lived for.....forever got shorter

Walter Sobchek

Member # 37

Member Rated:

posted February 04, 2002 20:13      Profile for Walter Sobchek   Author's Homepage   Email Walter Sobchek   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I don't consider him amongst the league's elite, but for a guy that young to be able to carry his offense to a super bowl win on a (arguable) bum ankle, i'm just giving credit where it's due. he doesn't really have an arsenal of receivers at his disposal like Warner, Gannon, Garcia, or others. he was still 3rd in the AFC (amongst full time QBs) in QB rating. so just giving credit where it's due. i thought he proved himself.

--------------------

weezer

Member # 40

Member Rated:

posted February 04, 2002 22:06      Profile for weezer   Author's Homepage   Email weezer   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Daniel:
The Raiders got screwed, so i didn't care who won.

Raiders!! Freaking refs and their stupid calls. Hopefully we'll have a good season next year. We should've gone all the way this year though!

--------------------
the ambulance is on its way

Posts: 55 | From: Whittier,Ca | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
El Guapo Vandal

Member # 9

Member Rated:

posted February 05, 2002 10:44      Profile for El Guapo Vandal   Email El Guapo Vandal   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
oh, and in my other posts about viewership, i completley forgot about the rugby world championship (huge draw), and several cricket matches im sure could draw massive numbers (if not soley because of the indian subcontinent)

but, as for the nfl, its all about the browns and if you think otherwise, quite frankley, your a cunt.

--------------------
i hate you.

Walter Sobchek

Member # 37

Member Rated:

posted February 05, 2002 18:54      Profile for Walter Sobchek   Author's Homepage   Email Walter Sobchek   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I just want to say....I don't care about cricket. it might be a fan favorite over in Indonesia or wherever, but here in America, no matter how much you don't like it, there is no bigger television draw from year to year than the NFL's Super Bowl. Now let's stop trying to make this an argument by bringing in arbitrary facts from places people have most likely never even been to from this bored. I was commenting on the fact that this was a great game which exceded expectations, and I didn't mention once it's comparison to the East Asian National Jai-Lai Quaterfinals that must have drawn 275 million viewers from all corners of the globe.

--------------------

El Guapo Vandal

Member # 9

Member Rated:

posted February 05, 2002 23:55      Profile for El Guapo Vandal   Email El Guapo Vandal   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
im just saying... there is always this aire about the bowl... "worlds biggest" this and "worlds most" that... it makes americans even more closed minded about sports than they already are. hell, americans are closed minded about almsot everything it seems. just tryin to help that out a bit, ya know?

and still. its all about the brownies. beeyotch.

--------------------
i hate you.

Barrett

Member # 137

Rate Member

posted February 06, 2002 00:10      Profile for Barrett   Email Barrett   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
The superbowl was pretty boring, I'm surprised the Ram's punter didn't get MVP.

--------------------
coming soon...

Posts: 1 | From: Denton, TX | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged
Mike

Member # 14

Member Rated:

posted February 06, 2002 03:38      Profile for Mike   Email Mike   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by El Guapo Vandal:
im just saying... there is always this aire about the bowl... "worlds biggest" this and "worlds most" that... it makes americans even more closed minded about sports than they already are. hell, americans are closed minded about almsot everything it seems. just tryin to help that out a bit, ya know?

and still. its all about the brownies. beeyotch.

yeah i saw the parade during school yesterday (most of the kids in my school went so they just had most of the people that were there watch the thing) and the players kept saying how they were "world champions". that was so fucking annoying, there aren't even any teams from out of the US in the fucking NFL. they're not world champions, they're US champions.

All times are Belong to Us!  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | nethijinx, ltd.

(c) 2000 + 19 nethijinx, ltd.