my profile / private messages | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Bored   » The Bored™   » Everything™ and then Some   » Making the first move

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Making the first move
Christy

Member # 4

Member Rated:

posted February 04, 2002 01:48      Profile for Christy   Author's Homepage   Email Christy   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Someone please stab my heart.

I like this boy. I've been fighting my feelings for him for awhile, but it's really not working. I'm getting tired of fighting against my feelings. I've kinda liked him since the first week of winter quarter.. which was 4 weeks ago. Sometimes I like him.. and somtimes I just like being his friend. But I think I want to start something with him now... but I'm too afraid to make the first move, or even to push whatever I might have with him. I don't really know how he feels.. He told his friend that I was "cute".. but I don't know much more than that.

Any suggestions on what I should do?

--Christy

--------------------
panda panda panda!

Posts: 276 | From: La Jolla | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Public Humiliation

Member # 11

Member Rated:

posted February 04, 2002 02:26      Profile for Public Humiliation   Author's Homepage   Email Public Humiliation   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
well i know it's weird and all, but you kinda have to tell him how you feel, just say what you typed here. if he says yes, everybody kicks a goal, if he says no, then you move on.

don't dwell.

--------------------
4 500 000 BCE - Ninjas discover flipping out and God gives them dominion over everything totally sweet.

Posts: 171 | From: Perth, Australia | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
kiddy

Member # 10

Member Rated:

posted February 05, 2002 01:42      Profile for kiddy   Email kiddy   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
sounds lame but
get pissed with him
launch him if he likes it he likes it you hook up
if he doesnt you blame it on the alcohol
as lame as it is its the only way if youre a pissant such as me

--------------------
one two screw you

Posts: 173 | From: the gutter | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
SickOfSlutes

Member # 106

posted February 05, 2002 07:04      Profile for SickOfSlutes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
In all seriously I'm going the drunk option as well. Get a bit wasted, but not too plastered, there's a science to this age-old trick.

Then just confess that you got a bit of a thinng for a him and see where that takes ya. If something happens you're in the door. Now all you gotta do is wait til next morning when yer sober to see if he wants to continue with anything.

PunkMunkey

Member # 44

Member Rated:

posted February 05, 2002 07:45      Profile for PunkMunkey   Email PunkMunkey   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
As much as I really like getting drunk, that's the fucking most asinine idea I've ever heard...balming your indescretions on alcohol only makes you seem stupid and immature...like you can't control your own actions...

Christy, the only way to handle the situation is directly...lay it on the line...you don't have to pour your heart and soul out to him, just let him know that you enjoy his company...and see if he'd like to see where that leads...you don't have to throw yourself at him...it's a tough situation, but one that can easily be handled with tact...if you share a class then "study" together on night...if you share the same tast in music then let him know of a show that he might be interested in...anything to get you two on common ground...then you just let whatever happens happen...

--------------------
Have you ever felt like you've been cheated?

Posts: 520 | From: Sweet Home Sacramento! | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Christy

Member # 4

Member Rated:

posted February 05, 2002 08:45      Profile for Christy   Author's Homepage   Email Christy   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well.. the one condition of me actually making the first move requires NO AGUA DE FUEGO! Seriously.. piss drunk girls = unattractive, usually because of the stupidity. Although they might be easy, they're hella annoying.

RJ hit just about everything the boy has said to me. He wants to study sometime (infact, I think we might study today... although I don't know what time??) And he asked about upcoming shows the other day. I told him about a few and he said he'd definitely go with me. Score! If we do study today, hopefully something happens to let me know he's interested too. Eep.

Useless fact: My cold symptoms have worsened. The eye is still pink. The cough now has phlegm. And I have some green stuff coming out of my nose. It's not the most attractive thing in the world, but oh well. My health + College = WHACK!

--Christy

--------------------
panda panda panda!

Jody

Member # 7

Member Rated:

posted February 05, 2002 14:12      Profile for Jody   Email Jody   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
My freshman year of college, I was really attracted to this one guy in my dorm but I wasn't sure of how to approach him, so one day he was playing pool in the game room so I went right over to him and I challenged him to a game. Turned out that he liked all the same music as me and we went to a show together the next weekend (I think it was the band Fifteen...boy does that date me). Anyway, we ended up dating for about 5 years!
Posts: 149 | From: Minneapolis, MN | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Christy

Member # 4

Member Rated:

posted February 07, 2002 17:21      Profile for Christy   Author's Homepage   Email Christy   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Wow. That's kinda neat, Jody.

No study dates have happened. Although today I apparently capitalized on his sickness and took care of him. Eep. My friend told me that.. but I thought I was just being a nice friend by offering to help. It's probably really really obvious that I like him... :-X

--Christy

--------------------
panda panda panda!

PunkMunkey

Member # 44

Member Rated:

posted February 07, 2002 18:22      Profile for PunkMunkey   Email PunkMunkey   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Obvious is OK...before we started dating my (now) wife used to always drop hints about how she liked me...I never realized that that's what she was doing until she told me months later...sometimes dropping hints isn't enough...sometimes guys need obvious... ...much luck to you...

--------------------
Have you ever felt like you've been cheated?

Posts: 520 | From: Sweet Home Sacramento! | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
***norm

Member # 86

Member Rated:

posted February 08, 2002 06:23      Profile for ***norm   Email ***norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yeah, guys aren't all that good with hints. In fact, we suck at them. If there was an unassuming way a girl could club us in the head, that'd be cool. We'd get it then. But if left to our own devices, we sit and think things like... "Mmmm, I like beer." All the while, some girl is practically standing on her head telling us she digs us. Good thing we have friends, because in truth, they usually see these things (if female) or are told of the "crush"/situation and then reveal it.

--------------------
•Taking money from religious people is like beating retards at checkers.
• Alcoholics Anonymous is to Jesus Freaks what still water is to mosquitos
•* I understand war for some reasons. Land, money, a girl, that can be understood. Now war over god, that's a whole different issue. There is no way I can justify a war over who has a better invisible friend.

Posts: 238 | From: Norm's Ghetto House | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Walter Sobchek

Member # 37

Member Rated:

posted February 08, 2002 09:15      Profile for Walter Sobchek   Author's Homepage   Email Walter Sobchek   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
amen to that. they should teach classes that make girls more upfront with these kinds of feelings, because, well, guys ARE morons. everybody goes through it and hits the point where they get too scared to make something of a possible situation. well, what's worse...chickening out? or finding out later that if you had only approached that person, you would have been in a great relationship/had a great sex romp/whatever it is you're looking for? i say the second one. i think i finally learned this early in my 21st year. and i'm still with that person today.

--------------------
dude...dude. You're being very un-dude. Nothing is fucked here. Nothing is fucked. They're all a bunch of FUCKIN AMATUERS!

Posts: 237 | From: SmAlbany, NY | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Christy

Member # 4

Member Rated:

posted February 08, 2002 09:19      Profile for Christy   Author's Homepage   Email Christy   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I should be studying for my midterm today.. but screw that. Updates:

I just learned that the guy is still in love with his ex girlfriend. They went out in high school for about 1.5 - 2 years, and broke up 4 months ago. She lives in the same residence hall as he does, and they even share a class or two together. He apparently still loves her. I can't do anything until he stops loving her and moves on.

This makes it really bad for me because as each day goes by with me hanging out with him, I realize more and more how much I like him because of our many similar interests. I love being his friend, but I wouldn't mind being something more. Either way, he's a really nice guy and I'd like it for him to be in my life one way or another.

I don't think I'll neccesarily wait for him.. but I don't think I'll really find another guy that I'd like as much as I like him. Eh. So I'm kinda stuck in this neutral position.. So whatever happens, will happen, I guess.

--Christy

Responses to the obviousness: I literally went over to his room, heard him puke out his insides, and took him to student health. I could have been in my room studying for my midterm, but I was out taking care of him instead. Everyone else was kinda like "Hope you feel better" to him.. I guess it could be kinda not obvious. Ok. *moves on*

He also apparently called one of his friends (that I know pretty well) after I left his room. He told the friend that I was over there being super nice. One, possibly two, of his friends know that I like him.. but they strongly advised me to not get with him because of the above issue and other things that they claimed would "make me sad if I hooked up with him."

[ February 08, 2002: Message edited by: Christy ]

--------------------
panda panda panda!

Ewan

Member # 111

Member Rated:

posted February 08, 2002 10:57      Profile for Ewan   Author's Homepage   Email Ewan   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by ***norm:
Yeah, guys aren't all that good with hints.

Damn right.

--------------------
Having fun or dying young?
It's hard to tell.

Posts: 316 | From: Bristol, England | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Jody

Member # 7

Member Rated:

posted February 08, 2002 13:24      Profile for Jody   Email Jody   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
This kind of reminds me of that show "Undeclared". Anybody watch it? It's not bad. I am in love with the british kid (but don't tell my husband )
Posts: 149 | From: Minneapolis, MN | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Erimica

Member # 8

Member Rated:

posted February 08, 2002 14:50      Profile for Erimica   Email Erimica   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Walter Sobchek:
amen to that. they should teach classes that make girls more upfront with these kinds of feelings, because, well, guys ARE morons.

i think they need to teach classes that boys not as FUCKING STUPID.

what? NO I AM NOT BITTER.

[ February 08, 2002: Message edited by: Erimica ]

--------------------
~Erica

Posts: 305 | From: Tucson, Az | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Belong to Us!  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | nethijinx, ltd.

(c) 2000 + 19 nethijinx, ltd.