my profile / private messages | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Bored   » The Bored™   » Everything™ and then Some   » I motion that there are many too many forums here.

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I motion that there are many too many forums here.
w3rd souljah

Member # 2

posted January 26, 2002 02:53      Profile for w3rd souljah   Author's Homepage   Email w3rd souljah   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yes. The number of forums could be greatly reduced, possibly upping activity by users AND creating a more friendly atmosphere. Everything Else should once again retake the glory it once was. As for organization, you ask...well...I say that instead of retarded smileys, each icon could say something like "TV" "MOVIES" "MUSIC" "LINK" "STUPID QUIZ THING" "DEBATE" or whatever else your heart desires, although one should say "WILLIAM" with a heart in the background. THIS SHALL BE A REVOLUTION.

I do think that music forum should remain.

Anyone agree with me? Please do.

--------------------
I like taking showers.

Ewan

Member # 111

Member Rated:

posted January 26, 2002 04:21      Profile for Ewan   Author's Homepage   Email Ewan   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I second that motion.

--------------------
Having fun or dying young?
It's hard to tell.

Posts: 316 | From: Bristol, England | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Public Humiliation

Member # 11

Member Rated:

posted January 26, 2002 17:20      Profile for Public Humiliation   Author's Homepage   Email Public Humiliation   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
well hey why not, the possible introduction of a pr0n forum should also be noted. i think i over-drank again. fuckers.

[edit] hurrah for australia day and every other national holiday that gives us cause to drink copious amounts of alcohol[/edit]

[ January 26, 2002: Message edited by: Public Humiliation ]

--------------------
4 500 000 BCE - Ninjas discover flipping out and God gives them dominion over everything totally sweet.

Posts: 171 | From: Perth, Australia | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ewan

Member # 111

Member Rated:

posted January 26, 2002 17:56      Profile for Ewan   Author's Homepage   Email Ewan   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'll second that motion too.

--------------------
Having fun or dying young?
It's hard to tell.

Posts: 316 | From: Bristol, England | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
NSA

Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted January 27, 2002 00:04      Profile for NSA   Author's Homepage   Email NSA   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well noted, and shall be acted upon.

--------------------
the Bored lives FOREVER.

Posts: 1564 | From: Galactic Empire | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
k r i s t i n

Member # 98

Member Rated:

posted January 27, 2002 01:32      Profile for k r i s t i n   Author's Homepage   Email k r i s t i n   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i don't think there's enough now. there should at least be a creative arts forum. with less poetry and more pictures and drawings...paintings, etc.

--------------------
shread the gnar gnar bro brah!

Posts: 526 | From: california | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Colonel Klink

Member # 78

posted January 27, 2002 05:22      Profile for Colonel Klink   Author's Homepage   Email Colonel Klink   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
wow, what a major cut-back !!!

I don't agree with you. Ok, william, you're here every day or whatever, but there are people who come less often and they will have to deal with a zillion topics with new replies in the everything else forum. Once, after having been off the internt for ten days, when I came back here there were so many new topics that I didn't pay attention to most of them.

I think this debate is the same debate as the "your subject sucks, I wish there wasn't such a subject, really" which is replied to by a "if you don't like it, don't read it". I dunno, the way it used to be was better cuz people who just read specific forums weren't bothered by topics they didn't care about.

My 2 eurocents...

--------------------
Industrial Revolution has flipped a bitch on Evolution.

Posts: 665 | From: Stalag 13 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Mike

Member # 14

Member Rated:

posted January 27, 2002 09:11      Profile for Mike   Email Mike   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i agree with the colonel.
Erimica

Member # 8

Member Rated:

posted January 27, 2002 09:22      Profile for Erimica   Email Erimica   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i agree with kristin. there should be a creative arts forum, it had *traffic*, didn't it?

--------------------
~Erica

Posts: 305 | From: Tucson, Az | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Foo

Member # 16

Member Rated:

posted January 27, 2002 10:15      Profile for Foo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
even though the relationship forum was kinda slow i still thought it was a good thing to have. i think that should come back but we gotta spruce up the topics

--------------------
Come check out my band's site: Cheap Suits We're a ska band who has opened up for the suicide machines, reel big fish, the living end, and are slowly progressing towards world domination

Posts: 269 | From: oakville, ontario, canada | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
w3rd souljah

Member # 2

posted January 27, 2002 12:26      Profile for w3rd souljah   Author's Homepage   Email w3rd souljah   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Colonel Klink:
stuff

With the limited traffic, most forums get no play. You know you can still see topics rhat aren't on page one. This isn't the big place it once was. I am sure you will still be able to keep track of stuff.

--------------------
I like taking showers.

w3rd souljah

Member # 2

posted January 27, 2002 12:29      Profile for w3rd souljah   Author's Homepage   Email w3rd souljah   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Also, I still think the message icons can be changed, then you can find the topics you love. (An icon that says art for art related stuff, etc.) And with that, you could know what the topic was going to be about...

--------------------
I like taking showers.

thechaostheory

Member # 30

Member Rated:

posted January 27, 2002 14:18      Profile for thechaostheory   Email thechaostheory   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i like both the new style and the icon motion.

--------------------
you're everything i lived for.....forever got shorter

Colonel Klink

Member # 78

posted January 27, 2002 14:32      Profile for Colonel Klink   Author's Homepage   Email Colonel Klink   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I personaly don't mind will, I even support your idea personaly. I'm just trying to figure out what others could think. The icon stuff might allow you to make the difference between topics you like and those you don't like, but, still, when you see 20 topics of 10 posts each that have been posted the preceding week, you don't know what to pick.

I personaly don't mind posting a topic which isn't replied. It often happens. Si, I'd rather put it into a dark corner of the board.

--------------------
Industrial Revolution has flipped a bitch on Evolution.

Posts: 665 | From: Stalag 13 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Clobber

Member # 38

Member Rated:

posted January 27, 2002 17:08      Profile for Clobber     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
New layout looks good..
wow..i am away for one weekend and look what has happend.
its all good.

--------------------
Sink it

Posts: 316 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
nose over tail

Member # 57

Member Rated:

posted January 27, 2002 20:24      Profile for nose over tail   Email nose over tail   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by k r i s t i n:
i don't think there's enough now. there should at least be a creative arts forum. with less poetry and more pictures and drawings...paintings, etc.

there were about five poems, five pictures, and twenty or so paintings. about ten being yours.

i like it like this though. it caught me off guard at first, but i like it better now.

Posts: 304 | From: evansville | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
malicorne

Member # 26

Member Rated:

posted January 27, 2002 21:27      Profile for malicorne     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i like the new setup. there's a lot less to look at and i don't mind having several things in one forum. it makes it easier. but i guess i'm just lazy.
Posts: 85 | From: Los Angeles | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
k r i s t i n

Member # 98

Member Rated:

posted January 27, 2002 23:21      Profile for k r i s t i n   Author's Homepage   Email k r i s t i n   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by nose over tail:

there were about five poems, five pictures, and twenty or so paintings. about ten being yours.

so what if i had lots of paintings? and i didn't have ten, i don't even have ten paintings... i had some drawings. i probably put about six things up there, that might be much. i know this because i haven't done anything in my art class all semester (well i did like two drawings, and i didn't even scan them). and it's better that way, blah to all poems...unless total shut down writes them.

--------------------
shread the gnar gnar bro brah!

Posts: 526 | From: california | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Belong to Us!  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | nethijinx, ltd.

(c) 2000 + 19 nethijinx, ltd.