my profile / private messages | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Bored   » The Bored™   » Everything™ and then Some   » advise me, please!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: advise me, please!
cowsforthought

Member # 133

Rate Member

posted January 24, 2002 13:19      Profile for cowsforthought   Author's Homepage   Email cowsforthought   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
okay...here's the deal. i don't know what to do about my school's science fair, my partner and i got in...and if we place in the fair we'll get extra credit in chemistry. The problem is, i don't think my partner deserves any extra credit if we do place because she didn't do much and i don't know how to bring it up with my teacher...i told my friends...and they all encouraged me to tell my teacher...but i'm not sure how/when to tell her.

We are/were baking 4 batches of cookies and omitting an ingredient each time to see what it would to to affect the texture and color of the cookie. She did the experimentation, procedure(not that hard...you juss take a fucking recipe) and some data/observations. I did everything else...including the write-up (background info, introduction, hypotheses, conclusion, analysis, evaluation and i stuck in the procedure and data.), the presentation backboard thing...i put that together by myself...damnass partner didn't even OFFER to help...god! i hate her...

i should've said something to my partner...but i think i figured it would've been better...if i did it myself...(and now it sounds like i'm bitching about all the work i did)...but it pisses me off that she didn't even OFFER to help. plus, i try to avoid talking to her cuz it's like talking to a goddamn rock. she sits in chemistry class...and the teacher is talking about the homework...and right after she's done talking about the homework...that girl is like..."ho-mui, what was the homework?" and all the while...i'm fucking thinking..."what the hell??? were you not just listening..!?!?!?!" and it's not just one time...it's over and over and over and OVER!!!

anyway...if anyone could tell me how i can approach my teacher about this, i would really appreciate it because i am oh-so-very bad at confrontations and just talking in general...thanks.

Posts: 7 | From: fairfax. virginia. | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged
Daniel

Member # 54

Member Rated:

posted January 24, 2002 14:21      Profile for Daniel   Email Daniel   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
when you turn it in to your teacher say "It sure feels good to do all the work and give someone else the credit!" and maybe she will ask why you said that and you can cry and tell her the story. Or, you can confront your partner and make her pay you for the work. I really don;t think any of my suggestions would work.

--------------------
"Hats off to the nun with the man hands."

i was/am WashinMyGoat.

Posts: 386 | From: Evansville, In, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
w3rd souljah

Member # 2

posted January 24, 2002 17:35      Profile for w3rd souljah   Author's Homepage   Email w3rd souljah   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Anger + Tire-iron + Face.

--------------------
I like taking showers.

WeakerthanNat

Member # 12

Member Rated:

posted January 24, 2002 20:41      Profile for WeakerthanNat   Email WeakerthanNat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i'd go with william's idea. definitely.
Posts: 69 | From: Perth, Western Australia | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
cowsforthought

Member # 133

Rate Member

posted January 25, 2002 13:38      Profile for cowsforthought   Author's Homepage   Email cowsforthought   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
haha...i'm actually considering that as an option...hrmrmrmrmrmmm...
Posts: 7 | From: fairfax. virginia. | Registered: Jan 2002  |  IP: Logged

All times are Belong to Us!  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | nethijinx, ltd.

(c) 2000 + 19 nethijinx, ltd.