my profile / private messages | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Bored   » The Bored™   » Everything™ and then Some   » 01*07*02 (Page 1)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: 01*07*02
PunkMunkey

Member # 44

Member Rated:

posted January 09, 2002 09:54      Profile for PunkMunkey   Email PunkMunkey   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I know I haven't updated (or even posted regularly) for a while now...there have been numerous reasons for this...but the biggest reason of all was born on January 7th 2002...

Her name is Caitlyn Anne...at birth she weighed 8 lbs. 1 oz. and was 19 inches long...she was born at 5:38 PM after 10 hours of relatively easy labor...easy for me anyway... ...not really...Aimée was amazing...I could not have done what she did with that amount of composure or courage...thank God for Epidurals she says ...

It's the best thing to ever happen to me or my wife...ever...we know life will NEVER be the same...and we're welcoming that fact...3:00 AM feedings...dirty diapers...the sweet sounds of a baby's cry...I've got a whole new perspective on life...I've never thought of myself as an optimist but somehow, seeing this pure, perfect little being so angelic leads me to believe that there's hope for the future...now if I can only figure out a way to keep her this way forever...*sigh*

Enough gushing...on with the pics...Introducing Caitlin Anne Munkey!:

Caitlyn Anne...just a
few minutes old...

Just after
her first bath...

...And after her first
24 hours.

Stay tuned for more!

[ January 09, 2002: Message edited by: PunkMunkey ]

--------------------
Have you ever felt like you've been cheated?

Posts: 520 | From: Sweet Home Sacramento! | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
the mdogg

Member # 17

Member Rated:

posted January 09, 2002 10:01      Profile for the mdogg   Author's Homepage   Email the mdogg   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
awwww!! that's amazing! good luck with everything

--------------------
www.moreorlessrock.com

Posts: 104 | From: Tallahassee / Tampa | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
***norm

Member # 86

Member Rated:

posted January 09, 2002 10:56      Profile for ***norm   Email ***norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
WOW! What a cute baby. (Even though she looks like every other baby ever, at least to me) I am so happy for you RJ. That has got to be the coolest feeling in the world, knowing that you actually created life. Amazing. Again, congratulations.

[ January 09, 2002: Message edited by: ***norm ]

--------------------
•Taking money from religious people is like beating retards at checkers.
• Alcoholics Anonymous is to Jesus Freaks what still water is to mosquitos
•* I understand war for some reasons. Land, money, a girl, that can be understood. Now war over god, that's a whole different issue. There is no way I can justify a war over who has a better invisible friend.

Posts: 238 | From: Norm's Ghetto House | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Walter Sobchek

Member # 37

Member Rated:

posted January 09, 2002 11:36      Profile for Walter Sobchek   Author's Homepage   Email Walter Sobchek   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
gives you that warm fuzzy feeling, no? congrats indeed. i hope everything stays on the up side for a long time. lovely baby.

--------------------
dude...dude. You're being very un-dude. Nothing is fucked here. Nothing is fucked. They're all a bunch of FUCKIN AMATUERS!

Posts: 237 | From: SmAlbany, NY | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Clobber

Member # 38

Member Rated:

posted January 09, 2002 12:36      Profile for Clobber     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Oh my...she is beautiful!!
And what a great name you picked out for her...congratulations..you must be so proud!

--------------------
Sink it

Posts: 316 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
kismet

Member # 39

Member Rated:

posted January 09, 2002 12:51      Profile for kismet   Author's Homepage   Email kismet   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
big ups for rj! ::raises da roof::

--------------------
kim
cheesygoodness!

Posts: 222 | From: here, bitches. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
breedge

Member # 128

Member Rated:

posted January 09, 2002 13:45      Profile for breedge   Email breedge   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
congratulations! she's a gorgeous baby (that's not even in the 'all baby's must be said to be cute' way...a lot of newbons are ugly, imo). I'm really happy for you.

--------------------
oh please, if i wanted to hear mindless droning i'd befriend an airconditioner.

Christy

Member # 4

Member Rated:

posted January 09, 2002 13:48      Profile for Christy   Author's Homepage   Email Christy   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
How precious. She's beautiful, RJ. I'm so happy for you and Aimee.

--Christy

--------------------
panda panda panda!

Posts: 276 | From: La Jolla | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
NSA

Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted January 09, 2002 14:02      Profile for NSA   Author's Homepage   Email NSA   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Hurrah!!

--------------------
the Bored lives FOREVER.

Posts: 1564 | From: Galactic Empire | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Daniel

Member # 54

Member Rated:

posted January 09, 2002 14:17      Profile for Daniel   Email Daniel   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Walter Sobchek:
gives you that warm fuzzy feeling, no? congrats indeed. i hope everything stays on the up side for a long time. lovely baby.

Fuzzy feeling indeed. Ironic that i feel fuzzy and my shirt says "Fuzzy."

It's nice to see that she is healthy.

--------------------
"Hats off to the nun with the man hands."

i was/am WashinMyGoat.

Posts: 386 | From: Evansville, In, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Erimica

Member # 8

Member Rated:

posted January 09, 2002 14:29      Profile for Erimica   Email Erimica   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
usually i think babies are ugly.
i was an ugly baby, so was my sister, cousins, friends etc.

but your baby is pretty congratultions! wonderful name, as well

--------------------
~Erica

Posts: 305 | From: Tucson, Az | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
tiddlywynk

Member # 22

posted January 09, 2002 14:56      Profile for tiddlywynk   Author's Homepage   Email tiddlywynk   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i cried looking at the pictures.
she's so beautiful!! and i am so happy for you!!
that must be so amazing to witness the birth of a life you created... you must feel so powerful.
and i love the name. especially the "y" in there, it makes it look so much prettier.

--------------------
.See.me.Feel.me.Touch.me.Heal.me.

Posts: 409 | From: Paper Street | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
El Guapo Vandal

Member # 9

Member Rated:

posted January 09, 2002 15:07      Profile for El Guapo Vandal   Email El Guapo Vandal   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
congrats!

--------------------
i hate you.

Posts: 232 | From: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Foo

Member # 16

Member Rated:

posted January 09, 2002 15:10      Profile for Foo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
congrats!!! shes a really cute baby. i like the name too

--------------------
Come check out my band's site: Cheap Suits We're a ska band who has opened up for the suicide machines, reel big fish, the living end, and are slowly progressing towards world domination

Posts: 269 | From: oakville, ontario, canada | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
ZoE1084

Member # 21

Member Rated:

posted January 09, 2002 15:16      Profile for ZoE1084   Author's Homepage   Email ZoE1084   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
awww...cute pics! i like her little hat, hehe.

babies rock.

Posts: 104 | From: DC area. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ewan

Member # 111

Member Rated:

posted January 09, 2002 15:51      Profile for Ewan   Author's Homepage   Email Ewan   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Many congratulations RJ!

e.

--------------------
Having fun or dying young?
It's hard to tell.

Posts: 316 | From: Bristol, England | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
emma discovery

Member # 27

Member Rated:

posted January 09, 2002 16:13      Profile for emma discovery   Email emma discovery   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
aww, yes congrats. Caitlin Anne looks so cute in those pictures, babies have the funniest tiny hands.

--------------------
As for me, if I had fifty-three minutes to
spend as I liked, I should walk at my leisure toward a spring of fresh water

Posts: 45 | From: santa monica | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
sickb0y

Member # 42

posted January 09, 2002 16:31      Profile for sickb0y        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
congratulations RJ!!! you must be damn proud
melissa

Member # 15

Member Rated:

posted January 09, 2002 16:51      Profile for melissa   Email melissa   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
she is absolutely adorable! congratulations!

--------------------
"why should i listen to you, cher? you're a virgin who can't drive."

Posts: 257 | From: mass | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
PunkMunkey

Member # 44

Member Rated:

posted January 09, 2002 19:33      Profile for PunkMunkey   Email PunkMunkey   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Thank you all...after the first 48 hours I think we're adjusting quite nicely as a family...it's still pretty frazzlin to hear her crying and not know exactly what she wants/needs...Aim and I are working on becoming more efficient with that...so far all is going really well...we're tired as all hell, but somehow it doesn't seem to matter at all...I think I've gotten about 6 hours of sleep in the last 2 days...and Aimée has probably gotten even less...kind of a strange twist of fate...not more than a year and a half ago I was up til 3:00 AM hitting the bottle now it seem I'll be up at 3:00 AM warming one...*sigh* c'est al vie...she's worth every hour of lost sleep...

What's more interesting to note is how much more I love and admire my wife after all of this...I mean, I know I loved her before (we wouldn't ahve gotten hitched otherwise), but now it's so much more...love, respect, admiration...all that...she's given me the greatest gift I've ever gotten...I know that was sappy as fuck, but I just had to say it (and no she probably won't ever read it so it's not to score points )...

Anyway...duty calls...thanks again everyone for your many kind sentiments...I'll be back soon...with more pictures!

[ January 09, 2002: Message edited by: PunkMunkey ]

--------------------

tiddlywynk

Member # 22

posted January 09, 2002 19:50      Profile for tiddlywynk   Author's Homepage   Email tiddlywynk   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i can't wait till i'm married and have kids.

my mom: ohhhh what a cute baby! i've seen cute babies, and that one is REALLY cute!
me: wasn't i cute?
mom: yeah, but not THAT cute.

Caitlyn's got me beat!!

--------------------

malicorne

Member # 26

Member Rated:

posted January 09, 2002 21:17      Profile for malicorne     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
congratulations, rj!! that's so exciting. what a beautiful baby. i'm so happy for you. great name too. i showed my mom the pictures and she said to say that she's beautiful.
congrats again.

--------------------
big S, little a, little n, big D, little e, big E. *

Posts: 85 | From: Los Angeles | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
w3rd souljah

Member # 2

posted January 09, 2002 23:02      Profile for w3rd souljah   Author's Homepage   Email w3rd souljah   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
RJ! Awesome! This is a cute baby. I was a cute baby. Then...I fell off the garage. One time I saw an ugly baby. Well, most are ugly. OK. I was an ugly baby...

--------------------
I like taking showers.

Just Kenny

Member # 5

Member Rated:

posted January 09, 2002 23:23      Profile for Just Kenny   Email Just Kenny   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
RJ, congratulations on your gift of child, new found love, and new outlook on life! I can only hardly imagine what it would be like, because life as you knew it won't ever be just the same. And you are aware of this and happy about it, and I couldnt be any more happy for you. Teddy and I are going up to Tahoe next weekend. NorCal. Though, I fear that it may be a bit MUCH too far still to pay the busy and tired couple a visit. I woulnd't want to bother you now anyway, it seems like you need every minute you have.

RJ, may many more happy days bless you, i wish you grace

--------------------
Truly,
Kenny

Posts: 119 | From: Freetopia | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Public Humiliation

Member # 11

Member Rated:

posted January 10, 2002 02:01      Profile for Public Humiliation   Author's Homepage   Email Public Humiliation   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
wow, she already looks cool. mondo congratulations on a job well done

i hope everything goes well for the next 18 years untill she moves out.

Posts: 171 | From: Perth, Australia | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Christine

Member # 48

Rate Member

posted January 10, 2002 02:51      Profile for Christine   Email Christine   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Congratulations, she's really beautiful! Now you must try to find her Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle booties or something, every kid must have those!

--------------------
Meep!

Posts: 52 | From: Australia | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Colonel Klink

Member # 78

posted January 10, 2002 11:58      Profile for Colonel Klink   Author's Homepage   Email Colonel Klink   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Best wishes to your offspring RJ and congrats to Aimée. Get prepared to be called "daddy" now, not by your cute lil crawler (not right now) but by your beloved ones .

I like to break it to you and say "get ready for circled eyes" But it's worth it I guess. And you're right, your life changes ! whatever you have in life it's not necessarily permanent, you can change houses, cars, jobs, wives even but you never change children ! This is for your whole fucking life now. So it's like your life has a new lil extension. I'm real happy for you. Now you now what a responsability, what a duty it is to grow and educate her well (and give her bros and sis ).

I'll finish this by a bragging a bit : if you were working here in France when she's born, you'd have received 14 (paid) days off

Long live the munkeys

PS : tell me when you buy her her first beers.

--------------------
Industrial Revolution has flipped a bitch on Evolution.

Posts: 665 | From: Stalag 13 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Just Kenny

Member # 5

Member Rated:

posted January 12, 2002 12:57      Profile for Just Kenny   Email Just Kenny   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
yeah, RJ, you will need a boy to keep the up "Munkey" name!

And I think David is trying to tell us something... He seems to REALLY want those 14 days... Kim?

--------------------
Truly,
Kenny

nose over tail

Member # 57

Member Rated:

posted January 12, 2002 17:09      Profile for nose over tail   Email nose over tail   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
awww. that really is a cute baby. congratulations and good luck, pardner.
Posts: 304 | From: evansville | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Colonel Klink

Member # 78

posted January 12, 2002 18:11      Profile for Colonel Klink   Author's Homepage   Email Colonel Klink   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Just Kenny:

And I think David is trying to tell us something... He seems to REALLY want those 14 days... Kim?

You're right dude, I just realized that if I got 26 girls to have babies from me at particular times, then I could have one year of paid vacation (I will use it to do 26 other girls )

--------------------
Industrial Revolution has flipped a bitch on Evolution.

Posts: 665 | From: Stalag 13 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
kismet

Member # 39

Member Rated:

posted January 14, 2002 03:03      Profile for kismet   Author's Homepage   Email kismet   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:

::hides the condoms so david can't poke holes in them::

--------------------
kim
cheesygoodness!

Posts: 222 | From: here, bitches. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Just Kenny

Member # 5

Member Rated:

posted January 16, 2002 23:51      Profile for Just Kenny   Email Just Kenny   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
bump.

quote:
Originally posted by PunkMunkey:

Stay tuned for more!

WHEN?!

[ January 16, 2002: Message edited by: Just Kenny ]

--------------------
Truly,
Kenny

PunkMunkey

Member # 44

Member Rated:

posted January 17, 2002 07:29      Profile for PunkMunkey   Email PunkMunkey   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well, after a week and two days the Munkey clan is adjusting pretty well...Caitlyn has been relatively easy to handle...of course, as with all babies, she does wake us at the odd hours of the night for feeding, but unlike some who like to stay awake afterward, she like to go right back to sleep...which we love since Caitlyn Sleeping = Mommy & Daddy Sleeping...

Here are a few pics of her doing just that:

I'll be posting some pics of her this weekend more than likely...maybe as soon as tomorrow evening...unfortunately, I've already had to go back to work...I was only alloted a week for my "maternity" leave...sons-of-bitches!...

Again...Stay Tuned For More!

[ January 17, 2002: Message edited by: PunkMunkey ]

--------------------

Jenny

Member # 31

Member Rated:

posted January 17, 2002 12:16      Profile for Jenny   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
she's just so cute!

--------------------
Moi aussi un jour je serai beau comme un dieu

Posts: 198 | From: Nr Manchester/Leeds UK | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
tiddlywynk

Member # 22

posted January 17, 2002 17:34      Profile for tiddlywynk   Author's Homepage   Email tiddlywynk   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
*squeals*
she's soooooo adorable!

--------------------

All times are Belong to Us!
This topic is comprised of pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | nethijinx, ltd.

(c) 2000 + 19 nethijinx, ltd.