my profile / private messages | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Bored   » The Bored™   » Everything™ and then Some   » Delve into the past...

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Delve into the past...
Christine

Member # 48

Rate Member

posted January 04, 2002 21:42      Profile for Christine   Email Christine   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I just found out that my dad's side of the family have royal ancestors from the 1500's. Yes, there is royal blood through these veins!

So what about all of you? Anything remotely interesting about your family lines past?

--------------------
Meep!

Posts: 52 | From: Australia | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
tiddlywynk

Member # 22

posted January 04, 2002 21:52      Profile for tiddlywynk   Author's Homepage   Email tiddlywynk   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
my grandfather wrote, created, and produced "I Love Lucy," among other tv and radio shows.
my very distant uncle invented the a-bomb (but for non-violent purposes... a different guy proposed its use in war).

--------------------
.See.me.Feel.me.Touch.me.Heal.me.

Posts: 409 | From: Paper Street | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
w3rd souljah

Member # 2

posted January 04, 2002 21:53      Profile for w3rd souljah   Author's Homepage   Email w3rd souljah   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Those Jews, they comedy gold!

Some person related to me road the Mayflower. Alright.

--------------------
I like taking showers.

nose over tail

Member # 57

Member Rated:

posted January 04, 2002 21:53      Profile for nose over tail   Email nose over tail   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
nope.
Posts: 304 | From: evansville | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
the mdogg

Member # 17

Member Rated:

posted January 04, 2002 21:57      Profile for the mdogg   Author's Homepage   Email the mdogg   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
My cousin's ex-husband was a direct descendant of Ulysses S. Grant. And he looked just like him too. it was neat.

--------------------
www.moreorlessrock.com

Posts: 104 | From: Tallahassee / Tampa | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Daniel

Member # 54

Member Rated:

posted January 04, 2002 22:59      Profile for Daniel   Email Daniel   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
My great uncle was one of the first people in his neighborhood to have color TV. Yes.

--------------------
"Hats off to the nun with the man hands."

i was/am WashinMyGoat.

Posts: 386 | From: Evansville, In, USA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
phil is mondo lame

Member # 13

Member Rated:

posted January 04, 2002 23:56      Profile for phil is mondo lame   Email phil is mondo lame   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
my great great grandfather murdered someone in scotland and was sent out to australia as a convict. arrrrrrrg.

--------------------
never, under any circumstances, steal the purple magician's briefcase of tricks.

Posts: 128 | From: who honestly gives a fuck? | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
El Guapo Vandal

Member # 9

Member Rated:

posted January 05, 2002 01:16      Profile for El Guapo Vandal   Email El Guapo Vandal   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
uhm, with my adoptive family, ive got royalty relations in scotland (actually, one of them was portrayed in braveheart) and also relations to a clan with an infamous clan, many of whom were exiled to ireland. i had a grandfater work with the army on the invasion of spain or osmething like that (d-day 2, if they needed it). distant relations to woodrow wilson. dont know about my actual parents though, as ive never even spoken to them.

--------------------
i hate you.

Posts: 232 | From: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
the placebo

Member # 20

Member Rated:

posted January 05, 2002 09:51      Profile for the placebo   Email the placebo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
my great X 16 grandfather was the first person to purchase land from the native americans in north carolina... one of my distant ancestors rescued a prince in wales from drowning in a lake..it's portrayed on our coat of arms. yeah.

--------------------
"now it is time for you to drink the melted silver teapot! enjoy a molten beverage that will coat your insides with a shiny smooth finish! then you will eat the table because i keep my promises!"

Posts: 205 | From: nashville, tn | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Jenny

Member # 31

Member Rated:

posted January 05, 2002 15:52      Profile for Jenny   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i am a member of the davidson clan (my name isn't davidson though, it's mcdade, which means son of david). i don't know anything else. hehe

--------------------
Moi aussi un jour je serai beau comme un dieu

Posts: 198 | From: Nr Manchester/Leeds UK | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
melissa

Member # 15

Member Rated:

posted January 05, 2002 16:05      Profile for melissa   Email melissa   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Some person related to me rode the Mayflower. Alright.

me too. exciting.

--------------------
"why should i listen to you, cher? you're a virgin who can't drive."

Posts: 257 | From: mass | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
breedge

Member # 128

Member Rated:

posted January 05, 2002 18:27      Profile for breedge   Email breedge   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
my great uncle was the ahrens part of ahrens-fox fire engines.

my grandfather apparently created the first hills-hoist-esque clothes line, but couldnt afford a patent and hills hoist people stole it. i still dont know if this is bullshit, but everyone says it's true.

there's a lot more, but it mostly relates to wine and pottery...which isnt very interesting at all. oooh, but once my aunty in law won a logie, which I found quite amusing.

i wish I was my friend...then I could say that my mum eloped with robert palmer when she was 16.

--------------------
oh please, if i wanted to hear mindless droning i'd befriend an airconditioner.

thechaostheory

Member # 30

Member Rated:

posted January 05, 2002 20:38      Profile for thechaostheory   Email thechaostheory   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
my great grandfather sold Gold Bonds foot powder, it then got big like 3 months later. my great granfatherXsome number was the first and only person BORN on the mayflower, ohhh beat that one

--------------------
you're everything i lived for.....forever got shorter

malicorne

Member # 26

Member Rated:

posted January 05, 2002 22:24      Profile for malicorne     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
my greatgreatgreat-something relative signed the declaration of independence. on my dad's side. my mom's chinese.
and my friend (emily, who sometimes posts here), i think one of her ancestors fell off the mayflower. maybe she'll post about it.

--------------------
big S, little a, little n, big D, little e, big E. *

Posts: 85 | From: Los Angeles | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
k r i s t i n

Member # 98

Member Rated:

posted January 06, 2002 02:21      Profile for k r i s t i n   Author's Homepage   Email k r i s t i n   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
some great great (more than that) something of mine saved george washington from being shot at war. something like that. then he got a street, school, and house named after him. but i might not really be related to him. cause when my great grandpa died my grandpa's sisters told him he was adopted, but we don't know if it's true or not.

--------------------
shread the gnar gnar bro brah!

Posts: 526 | From: california | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Colonel Klink

Member # 78

posted January 06, 2002 04:00      Profile for Colonel Klink   Author's Homepage   Email Colonel Klink   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Do you all believe that all americans descend from those dudes from the Mayflower ? I tend to think that the first immigrants settled in New England and their families stayed stuck up there. Later immigrants moved to the West to find space and a lil house in the prairie.

My grandfather (who's been a senator for 18 years and a mayor for 25 years) escaped from a nazi prisoners camp in Poland and got back to Paris by laying/hidding on a train axle (I dunno how you call it, we call it a boggie). I'm proud of that. And my great great grandfather fled from his place not to become a german. Though a part of my family is german.

--------------------
Industrial Revolution has flipped a bitch on Evolution.

Posts: 665 | From: Stalag 13 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
w3rd souljah

Member # 2

posted January 06, 2002 13:08      Profile for w3rd souljah   Author's Homepage   Email w3rd souljah   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Not all immigrants. Definitely not all. Not even most. Just the...first...kinda..ones.

--------------------
I like taking showers.

Clobber

Member # 38

Member Rated:

posted January 06, 2002 16:46      Profile for Clobber     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
My grandma's cousin Sir Frank Whittle invented the Jet Engine in england..

My grandpa's nephew played football for the Glasgow Celtics...(i think he was good???)...i can't remember his name.... something Creary...who knows.

--------------------
Sink it

Posts: 316 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Christine

Member # 48

Rate Member

posted January 06, 2002 19:32      Profile for Christine   Email Christine   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Okay, forgive me if I sound retarded, but what is the Mayflower? A ship that carried immigrants or something?

--------------------
Meep!

Posts: 52 | From: Australia | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
phil is mondo lame

Member # 13

Member Rated:

posted January 06, 2002 21:08      Profile for phil is mondo lame   Email phil is mondo lame   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Clobber:
My grandpa's nephew played football for the Glasgow Celtics...(i think he was good???)...i can't remember his name.... something Creary...who knows.

ooh ahh... my grandad's cousin or uncle or some shit (i don't pay all that much attention to my grandad's rants) played for Glasgow Rangers. i think we're sposed to be mortal enemies now. or something

--------------------
never, under any circumstances, steal the purple magician's briefcase of tricks.

Posts: 128 | From: who honestly gives a fuck? | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
emma discovery

Member # 27

Member Rated:

posted January 06, 2002 21:40      Profile for emma discovery   Email emma discovery   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by malicorne:
my greatgreatgreat-something relative signed the declaration of independence. on my dad's side. my mom's chinese.
and my friend (emily, who sometimes posts here), i think one of her ancestors fell off the mayflower. maybe she'll post about it.

heh, yeah. and then one of my very great uncles was Ben Franklin - who also signed the declaration so maybe they knew eachother But the rest of my family are more recent immigrants, so not everyone's really descended from the matflower

--------------------
As for me, if I had fifty-three minutes to
spend as I liked, I should walk at my leisure toward a spring of fresh water

Posts: 45 | From: santa monica | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
malicorne

Member # 26

Member Rated:

posted January 07, 2002 00:35      Profile for malicorne     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by emma discovery:

heh, yeah. and then one of my very great uncles was Ben Franklin - who also signed the declaration so maybe they knew eachother But the rest of my family are more recent immigrants, so not everyone's really descended from the matflower

ha! i bet they did. i didn't think about that. it still cracks me up that you read about your great-whatever falling off the mayflower.

--------------------

Clobber

Member # 38

Member Rated:

posted January 07, 2002 12:19      Profile for Clobber     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by phil is mondo lame:

ooh ahh... my grandad's cousin or uncle or some shit (i don't pay all that much attention to my grandad's rants) played for Glasgow Rangers. i think we're sposed to be mortal enemies now. or something

Thats no good...but if thats so then...i guess i am going to have to kill you...nuts!

--------------------
Sink it

Posts: 316 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
emma discovery

Member # 27

Member Rated:

posted January 07, 2002 22:37      Profile for emma discovery   Email emma discovery   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by malicorne:

ha! i bet they did. i didn't think about that. it still cracks me up that you read about your great-whatever falling off the mayflower.

you learn so much in those picture books...

--------------------
As for me, if I had fifty-three minutes to
spend as I liked, I should walk at my leisure toward a spring of fresh water

Posts: 45 | From: santa monica | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
El Guapo Vandal

Member # 9

Member Rated:

posted January 07, 2002 22:58      Profile for El Guapo Vandal   Email El Guapo Vandal   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
oh yeah, there is some relation to that scottish inventor, Watt, somehwere along the line

--------------------
i hate you.

Posts: 232 | From: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
malicorne

Member # 26

Member Rated:

posted January 08, 2002 21:18      Profile for malicorne     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
and i think my great grandmother's cousin or something was herbert hoover. i know he's in my family somewhere. i'm not sure exactly how though.

--------------------

Woody

Member # 63

Member Rated:

posted January 17, 2002 22:58      Profile for Woody   Email Woody   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Some of my relatives were train robbers.

--------------------
Learn To Deal

Posts: 82 | From: Barrhead AB | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
kismet

Member # 39

Member Rated:

posted January 18, 2002 02:01      Profile for kismet   Author's Homepage   Email kismet   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
My aunt was the youngest person to ever win the USGA Junior Golf Open or whatever they call it... she was 14.

My grandmother won the LPGA US Open in 1956.

I have a bunch of relatives who are like, really important in Kentucky for some reason relating to the Civil War. I never really looked into it too much cause it didn't interest me.

--------------------
kim
cheesygoodness!

Posts: 222 | From: here, bitches. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
WeakerthanNat

Member # 12

Member Rated:

posted January 18, 2002 06:00      Profile for WeakerthanNat   Email WeakerthanNat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
my great great great grandmother was a polish duchess and she had an affair with the footman and was therefore outcast and came to australia. yes. rock.
Posts: 69 | From: Perth, Western Australia | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Erimica

Member # 8

Member Rated:

posted January 18, 2002 15:17      Profile for Erimica   Email Erimica   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i think i have some type of relation to japanese prince/princes whatever.
never really looked into it though

--------------------
~Erica

Posts: 305 | From: Tucson, Az | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
ItsJustRocknRoll

Member # 114

Member Rated:

posted January 19, 2002 23:20      Profile for ItsJustRocknRoll   Email ItsJustRocknRoll   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
uh..my family owned a village in palastine before the israelies took over..they owned the land it was on..and uh

my great grandpa who died a couple months ago lived too 115....and he died with a 14 year old daughter...wierd....

nothing else too special.

Posts: 31 | From: in the home of blink 182 and Unwritten Law | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Belong to Us!  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | nethijinx, ltd.

(c) 2000 + 19 nethijinx, ltd.