my profile / private messages | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Bored   » The Bored™   » Everything™ and then Some   » I have a stalker... help!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: I have a stalker... help!
One Girl Army

Member # 62

Member Rated:

posted December 14, 2001 14:21      Profile for One Girl Army   Author's Homepage   Email One Girl Army   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Technically, this should probably go in the ranting forum, but more people will read it if I put it here.

Let me explain briefly what this situation is/how it started and then get into what's happening currently.

5 years ago, I met this boy online. His name was Andy, he was my age (15 at the time), lived on Long Island, liked similar music as me, was in a few bands, etc. It started out to be the usual friendly stuff, then we started talking on the phone and yeah, there was definitely an attraction. We both liked each other a lot, and he said that he really wanted to date me once we met. So we made plans to meet up, at this mall on Long Island one Saturday and we did... of course, I hadn't counted on him showing up with about 7 or 8 of his friends. We went off by ourselves and spent the entire day hanging out in the mall, occasionally walking by his friends, who gave me dirty looks whenever we did. Things went well with Andy, we got along and although it was kind of awkward at times, he seemed to be somewhat still interested in me. That night when I was at home, I went online, he came on and IMed me. We spoke for a minute or two, then he said "I have to go the bathroom, I'll be back but my friend is going to speak to you". So, his friend *supposedly*, Brandon (one of the guys that had come to the mall with him earlier), started talking to me on Andy's screen name and said stuff like "Andy didn't like you" and "We all thought you were an ugly troll" and the like. Of course, I got upset and pissed off, signed offline and the next time I went back on, I blocked Andy from e-mail and IM's and whatnot. During the next few weeks, he and his friends repeatedly began harassing me online... sending me e-mails under different screen names which said they were chain letters in the subject but would just say "UGLY" when I opened it, sending me pictures of all of them giving me the finger, following me into chat rooms and whatnot. This went on for a while and eventually died down. Over the course of the next 5 years, they still did this from time to time and would harass me under different screen names, to which I would just block them all. They would talk shit about me on my old website's guestbook (which they found via the link I had in my AOL profile), and I deleted them. So pretty much they kept being really immature about it and wouldn't let it go, and I found ways to ignore them all. Plus, it only happened from time to time so it didn't really bother me.

This year, it started up again a few months ago when they found the message board for the local venue here in Brooklyn that my friends run and talked shit about me anonymously on it. I ignored it pretty much. You guys probably know about my crush on Chris, the guitarist from Autopilot Off if you've read my rants in the Relationships forum... well, a few nights ago I got IMed repeatedly by someone on various screen names claiming to be Chris' girlfriend and saying things like "If you e-mail him or try to hang out with him again I'm coming after you" and "I wouldn't go to their show on the 27th if I were you... they don't want you there and neither do I". I KNOW that this is Andy and his loser friends because Chris doesn't have a girlfriend (which I know for a fact) and even if he did, he's mature enough not to do something stupid like that, much less go through all the trouble of sending me repeated IM's on different names. Basically, Andy somehow found my LiveJournal which contained a bunch of stuff I wrote about Chris (nothing major, just how I felt about him and how nervous I get around him and whatnot) and probably was using that against me. It got to the point where I decided to block everyone that is not on my buddylist. I thought this would do away with it... but now, some my other friends are saying they're getting IM's from people on different names asking about me and saying stupid shit about me. The kid is a fucking pyscho... he's actually going through the trouble of finding my friends now!

This is bullshit and it's getting quite frankly pretty scary now, too. I was told to call the police about him, but I don't have any way of proving that it's him. I'm also kind of scared about going to the APO show on the 27th... it's going to be on Long Island and now I'm afraid that something is going to happen when I go. I'm already going with a big group of people so I'll have protection but still... this is just crazy.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to what I can do to get this nutcase and his asshole friends off my back? I need some help here... this is starting to freak me out.

--------------------
*** Barrie ***
She walks softly but she carries a big gun...
Mimesis Entertainment

Posts: 222 | From: Brooklyn, NY | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Foo

Member # 16

Member Rated:

posted December 14, 2001 14:48      Profile for Foo   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i had a stalker once...then i went out with her

--------------------
Come check out my band's site: Cheap Suits We're a ska band who has opened up for the suicide machines, reel big fish, the living end, and are slowly progressing towards world domination

Posts: 269 | From: oakville, ontario, canada | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
nose over tail

Member # 57

Member Rated:

posted December 14, 2001 19:37      Profile for nose over tail   Email nose over tail   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
if you see him again, kick him. really hard. anywhere you like. and do it as many times as you like. have fun.
Posts: 304 | From: evansville | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
sickb0y

Member # 42

posted December 14, 2001 20:12      Profile for sickb0y        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
umm... here are the steps to being stalker-less:

1. take down your livejournal. get a new one if you have to. just don't let him know.
2. change your AIM name. give it you your CLOSEST online friends. no more, no less.
3. if you see him or any of his friends, take pictures of them. let them know you are watching them as well.
4. start scanning these pictures, using photoshop to add some blood and shit, and then goto www.anonymous.to and send some kick ass totally anonymous email to them. with said pictures attached.
5. change your email. free online email is that... free. and it doesn't take a long time to forward the email from one account to the other.
6. get some big tough looking friends to hang around you at the show. if you see some strange looking people (i.e. those idiot stalkers), send those big dudes to just walk past and give them a hit in the shoulder or something. it works wonders...

so yeah... try some of that shit

Public Humiliation

Member # 11

Member Rated:

posted December 14, 2001 20:26      Profile for Public Humiliation   Author's Homepage   Email Public Humiliation   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by nose over tail:
if you see him again, kick him. really hard. anywhere you like. and do it as many times as you like. have fun.

kick him in the prostate, make sure the retard doesn't reproduce. he sounds like a jerk.

i had a stalker once, she got over it, i was glad.

--------------------
4 500 000 BCE - Ninjas discover flipping out and God gives them dominion over everything totally sweet.

Posts: 171 | From: Perth, Australia | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Just Kenny

Member # 5

Member Rated:

posted December 14, 2001 21:02      Profile for Just Kenny   Email Just Kenny   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
its sad how people dont take stalking seriously.

look, you have to have proof of incidence. its laboring, its life-altering, but its better than having him intruding into your life.
take a journal of whenever you see him, the date, and the incidence.

of course this applies less to cyber-stalking. the government doesn't do shit for stlaking, the best you could do is get a restraining order, but no one will care past that.

hmmm... well yes, dont just BLOCK him, sure its a pain to change your livejournal and screen name, but thats the only way its going to work. just be more anonymous, and keep only CLOSE friends in the know.

hope no one knows you come here.

--------------------
Truly,
Kenny

Posts: 119 | From: Freetopia | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
One Girl Army

Member # 62

Member Rated:

posted December 14, 2001 22:50      Profile for One Girl Army   Author's Homepage   Email One Girl Army   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Okay, here is what I have done.

I changed my AIM name and took my other one out of my LiveJournal profile. I sent an e-mail to only the people on my buddylist about the whole thing. I changed my e-mail address already a while ago. Changing my LiveJournal would be a pain, I looked into it and they recommended not doing it because of file switching and stuff and I don't want to make a new one because I have so much writing in mine, since May. So, I locked all of my journal entries that mention Chris in them and from now on, I'm going to be more careful which ones I make public.

I don't know if I will see him, because I saw a recent picture of him on his band's website a few months ago (which I had no idea he was in by the way, I went to their site to check them out and then I noticed his name) and he looks a lot different then he did when I met him. So chances are, if I run into him I am not going to recognize him. I think he does know what I look like though, so I would only recognize him if he started something.

As for the show, my friend Kelly (who is a tough hardcore chick) is one of the people coming with me and she is bringing her cousin and her cousin's boyfriend. Apparently, her cousin's boyfriend is very big, or so Kelly tells me. So I will be well protected at the show if need be.

This sucks though... it also if anything shows what losers these guys are. They must not have lives (or interesting ones) if they take the time out to do this. Grrrr.

And for the record... none of my friends know about this board or most of the boards I post on for that matter.

[ December 14, 2001: Message edited by: One Girl Army ]

--------------------
*** Barrie ***
Mimesis Entertainment

Zach

Member # 47

Member Rated:

posted December 14, 2001 23:32      Profile for Zach   Email Zach   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
whoa, those guys are fucking lame, and really are dumb. These are the people who i really hate in this world. well it seems as though you got some good advice, and i'd take kennys advice. hope the show goes good.

--------------------
When you close your eyes are you satisfied?
When this is all over there will be nothing left.

Posts: 95 | From: Redondo Beach, CA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Erimica

Member # 8

Member Rated:

posted December 14, 2001 23:44      Profile for Erimica   Email Erimica   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i remember you posted this a while back, but it got eaten by the board monster?
hmm...
but anyways...
i hate people like this. immature brats who do nothing but make themselve feel good by calling other people names.

meanie heads.

i have found, however, many people dont like confrontation. so if you find out exactly who it is...stare them down.
give them the "i know" look.

gets them every time.

--------------------
~Erica

Posts: 305 | From: Tucson, Az | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Wasting Too Much Time

Member # 19

Member Rated:

posted December 15, 2001 01:34      Profile for Wasting Too Much Time   Author's Homepage   Email Wasting Too Much Time   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
what a bunch of sick fucks.
if it does get any worse, like them actually coming out to that show then i'd report it if i were you.

--------------------
you could say i do at least.

Posts: 284 | From: Alberta, Canada | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
One Girl Army

Member # 62

Member Rated:

posted December 30, 2001 11:43      Profile for One Girl Army   Author's Homepage   Email One Girl Army   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Just a quick update... I went to the show the other night and everything was fine, nobody started anything with me. I think that whole thing was just Andy's stupidity trying to get to me, and since I changed my screen name nobody has bothered me. So for now, everything is alright, but if things start up again and/or get any worse, I'll know what to do. Thanks for the advice everyone.

--------------------
*** Barrie ***
Mimesis Entertainment

All times are Belong to Us!  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | nethijinx, ltd.

(c) 2000 + 19 nethijinx, ltd.