my profile / private messages | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Bored   » The Bored™   » Everything™ and then Some   » i hate football... (Page 2)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic is comprised of pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: i hate football...
kiddy

Member # 10

Member Rated:

posted December 13, 2001 18:12      Profile for kiddy   Email kiddy   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
lets not even talk about rugby league ,its almost a bad as american football and thats a big call,
american football is without a doubt the most ridiculous sport ive ever seen in my life
to understand it you need a fuckin uni degree the sport needs absolutely no endurance and the amount of drugs these guys pump into themselves is uncanny ,and im saying this coming from a cycling background
coming from a physical perspective rugby is far superior it also allow for different body shapes
the fullback can be lanky and fast ,a fly half skinny and skillful the hooker can be short stumpy and built like a brick shithouse ,something that doesnt seem to apply in grid iron how light is the smallest guy? my guess is around 90kg which means if you dont pump yourself full of drugs theres no place for you in the sport ...or so it seems ,then again there arent many sports left in the world that dont recquire drugs
but i guess at the end of the day sport is a form of entertainment if you enjoy watching grid iron then watch it same for rugby ,but if the topic is which sport is superior in terms of mental and physical strength then rugby is the winner by a long way
same for the intelligence the majority of rugby players come from a university background at least in australia ,anyway watch an interview with a rugby union player (any position) then watch one with a grid iron player and youll see my point
yeah also in terms of maoris a small maori ways 90kgs apparently they are one of the biggest races in the world alot of them live in my city and alot of them come to the store where i work(its a company thats sell mainly rugby clothing)and the smallest one ive come across made me look like a weed and i weigh around 85kgs

--------------------
one two screw you

Posts: 173 | From: the gutter | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
kiddy

Member # 10

Member Rated:

posted December 13, 2001 18:14      Profile for kiddy   Email kiddy   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
lets not even talk about rugby league ,its almost a bad as american football and thats a big call,
american football is without a doubt the most ridiculous sport ive ever seen in my life
to understand it you need a fuckin uni degree the sport needs absolutely no endurance and the amount of drugs these guys pump into themselves is uncanny ,and im saying this coming from a cycling background
coming from a physical perspective rugby is far superior it also allow for different body shapes
the fullback can be lanky and fast ,a fly half skinny and skillful the hooker can be short stumpy and built like a brick shithouse ,something that doesnt seem to apply in grid iron how light is the smallest guy? my guess is around 90kg which means if you dont pump yourself full of drugs theres no place for you in the sport ...or so it seems ,then again there arent many sports left in the world that dont recquire drugs
but i guess at the end of the day sport is a form of entertainment if you enjoy watching grid iron then watch it same for rugby ,but if the topic is which sport is superior in terms of mental and physical strength then rugby is the winner by a long way
same for the intelligence the majority of rugby players come from a university background at least in australia ,anyway watch an interview with a rugby union player (any position) then watch one with a grid iron player and youll see my point
yeah also in terms of maoris a small maori ways 90kgs apparently they are one of the biggest races in the world alot of them live in my city and alot of them come to the store where i work(its a company thats sell mainly rugby clothing)and the smallest one ive come across made me look like a weed and i weigh around 85kgs

--------------------
one two screw you

SickOfSlutes

Member # 106

posted December 13, 2001 21:56      Profile for SickOfSlutes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Oh just shut the fuck up. Please. For christ's sake if you don't know what the hell you're talking about then don't talk at all.

[ December 13, 2001: Message edited by: SickOfSlutes ]

SickOfSlutes

Member # 106

posted December 13, 2001 22:25      Profile for SickOfSlutes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
And please!! If you are going to talk how smart people are, use a period every once in a while. It gives you credibility
El Guapo Vandal

Member # 9

Member Rated:

posted December 13, 2001 23:29      Profile for El Guapo Vandal   Email El Guapo Vandal   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Norm... my point about the toughness is this... being a soccer player, i got ribbed by gridiron players in high school for playing a "girls" sport, its not "tough", and the like. and im kinda saying, how can football be "tough" if you wear rediculous amounts of unecessary padding (you DO need pads in hockey. ive never disputed that. i play hockey too, btw. trust me. you NEED pads) and in the words of my friend who moved here from New Zealand... "i dont get your "football"... it just looks like they just run 3 yards and fall down..."

and to say rugby is chaos is just out of it. have you ever watched a rugby match? there are positions (notice the # a player is wearing, they corrolate to his position and role of the player...

Number Position
1 Prop
2 Hooker
3 Prop
4 Lock (2nd Row)
5 Lock (2nd Row)
6 Flanker (Wing Forward)
7 Flanker (Wing Forward)
8 8th Man
9 Scrum-Half
10 Fly-Half
11 Weak Side Wing
12 Inside Center
13 Outside Center
14 Strong Side Wing
15 Fullback

there can be small variations yes, but those are the positions. and oh yeah theyre offensive AND defensive too. so yes. rugby has positions. it has a lot of strategy too, especially in regard to gaining territory on the pitch. of course, im sure you say soccer is caos with limited strategy as well.....

quote:
Rugby spread across the globe and competition emerged between countries. In the United States, the game emerged primarily on the West Coast. The lack of precise rules, ambiguities in the game and complexity of the sport drew a lot of United States players away from the game and major changes were invoked. In 1880 the scrum was replaced by a line of scrimmage, drawing emphasis from the free-running characteristic of the game. The game continued to play with rugby rules until 1905 where the publication of photographs of a harsh game between Sarthmore and Pennsylvania created a stir. President Theodore Roosevelt insisted on reform of the game to lower the brutality with threat of abolishing the game by edict. In 1906 the forward pass was introduced to the United States game. The rules of rugby died and the game of American football was born.

theres a little bit of rugby/american football history for you. if thats not a bastardising of a sport, then i dont know what is...

(by the way, of course im talking about rugby union. league is a worthless waste of time.)

--------------------
i hate you.

Posts: 232 | From: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Just Kenny

Member # 5

Member Rated:

posted December 14, 2001 00:18      Profile for Just Kenny   Email Just Kenny   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
perhaps my opinion is shaped by my own personal experience...

my brother was on the football team, and so i knew everyone on the team. a bunch of fuckin assholes. not everyone was, my brother was not one of the asshole jocks, and there were a few others, but the majority consisted of arrogant, narcissistic, meathead assholes who spent their time lifting weights, partying, and talking about how they fucked bitches and dropped em.

I was on the wrestling team. every person on the team who also played football knew that football was nothing compared to wrestling, they just like the game. i am not saying that everyone in sports is a meathead, but in my experience, the majority are. and i dislike these people for various reasons. my previous post was definitely the reulst of a bitter mood (you may have noticed when i strayed from the topic of football and gave my opinion of high school in general). Football is fun, its a game. And it is indeed a test of human potential, but too many people consider soccer a pussy sport and wrestling a gay sport when they feel that football is a man's game. these people are fuckin fools. whether you enjoy one more than the other is certainly your own taste, i would rather watch american football than soccer, but i dont think those men are gods.

In fact, i dont think any of these people should be put on pedestals... now Jon Bon Jovi, on the other hand...

--------------------
Truly,
Kenny

Posts: 119 | From: Freetopia | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
kiddy

Member # 10

Member Rated:

posted December 14, 2001 03:09      Profile for kiddy   Email kiddy   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by SickOfSlutes:
Oh just shut the fuck up. Please. For christ's sake if you don't know what the hell you're talking about then don't talk at all.

[ December 13, 2001: Message edited by: SickOfSlutes ]

ok then correct me smart arse
and as for the punctuation well fuck it i never said i was smart
ive had to do a few interviews for cycling and i sucked big time i was almost as bad as a grid iron player

--------------------
one two screw you

***norm

Member # 86

Member Rated:

posted December 14, 2001 07:12      Profile for ***norm   Email ***norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Vandal, again I stress that regardless of the roots of a sport, (I knew the history) it is not grounds to call is a bastardization. Afterall, is Rock n' Roll a bastardization of classical music? Punk a bastardization of the blues? I guess you could say it, based upon the history, buti t wouldn't be entirely correct.

As for soccer/world football. I played the game. (well i was a goal keeper, you be the judge as to whether I actually played. According to your rules of sport I guess I just stood there. No endurance=no participation I guess) I just don't like to watch it.

Without fully understanding rugby, it is chaos. Without understanding american football it is running three yards and falling down.
Without understanding soccer it is a bunch of grown men chasing and kicking a ball.
It's all perspective...

As for hockey... I love the game. When I played, I wore a full face shield until I could wear just a half. Then I got sticked in the face and went back to the full face. Fuck breathing I like my teeth. YOU DO NEED PADS IN HOCKEY.

--------------------
•Taking money from religious people is like beating retards at checkers.
• Alcoholics Anonymous is to Jesus Freaks what still water is to mosquitos
•* I understand war for some reasons. Land, money, a girl, that can be understood. Now war over god, that's a whole different issue. There is no way I can justify a war over who has a better invisible friend.

Posts: 238 | From: Norm's Ghetto House | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
El Guapo Vandal

Member # 9

Member Rated:

posted December 14, 2001 08:50      Profile for El Guapo Vandal   Email El Guapo Vandal   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
ok. its not a bastardization.. its just like.. natty ice, or beast (american football) compared to.. hmmm.. Jupiler, Guinness, or beer along those lines (rugby)

better?

--------------------
i hate you.

Posts: 232 | From: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
***norm

Member # 86

Member Rated:

posted December 14, 2001 09:00      Profile for ***norm   Email ***norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Much better.

--------------------
•Taking money from religious people is like beating retards at checkers.
• Alcoholics Anonymous is to Jesus Freaks what still water is to mosquitos
•* I understand war for some reasons. Land, money, a girl, that can be understood. Now war over god, that's a whole different issue. There is no way I can justify a war over who has a better invisible friend.

Posts: 238 | From: Norm's Ghetto House | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Belong to Us!
This topic is comprised of pages: 1  2 

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | nethijinx, ltd.

(c) 2000 + 19 nethijinx, ltd.