my profile / private messages | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Bored   » The Bored™   » Everything™ and then Some   » Mix Tape for Christmas...

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Mix Tape for Christmas...
sickb0y

Member # 42

posted November 28, 2001 17:17      Profile for sickb0y        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
yeah. i'm making two for my best friends. one is a hardcore/screamo kinda tape for my friend chris (if you're reading this you bastard - you suck), and i'm making a poppy punky kinda tape for my friend michael (he'll never read this). i need a few songs for both of their CD/Tapes... probably more of the hardcore/screamo ones... but anyways... here's the lists, gimme ideas...

hardcore/screamo:

grade - seamless
farside - the fashionable rebellion
death by stereo - save the seeds (or something)
shai hulud - the bonds of those...
irrelevant - the need for divinity
adamantium - forgotten
bane - can we start again
nerve agents - out on the farm
hot water music - jet set ready
boy sets fire - still waiting for the punchline

poppy/punky tape:

rufio - above me
new found glory - sincerly me
fenix tx - all my fault
lucky 7 - reality
lagwagon - may 16
no use for a name - not your saviour
saves the day - banned from the back porch
unsung zeros - postcards home
one dollar short - fingerprints
mxpx - time and season
millencolin - no cigar
strung out - firecracker
jimmy eat world - sweetness

so yeah... gimme some suggestions please. i'm thinking about the icarus line and dillinger escape plan for the hardcore/screamo mix. maybe others. please?

PunkMunkey

Member # 44

Member Rated:

posted November 28, 2001 17:37      Profile for PunkMunkey   Email PunkMunkey   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Put some Refused on the "hardcore" tape...and maybe some Rival Schools on the "poppy" one...

--------------------
Have you ever felt like you've been cheated?

Posts: 520 | From: Sweet Home Sacramento! | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Public Humiliation

Member # 11

Member Rated:

posted November 28, 2001 18:21      Profile for Public Humiliation   Author's Homepage   Email Public Humiliation   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
whack some ska on the poppy once, catch 22 or rx bandits, makes it more funer. as does tsunami bomb.

and thrice on the screamo one. thrice are very cool. phoenix ignition and ultra blue are tops.

--------------------
4 500 000 BCE - Ninjas discover flipping out and God gives them dominion over everything totally sweet.

Posts: 171 | From: Perth, Australia | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
lost at sea

Member # 70

Member Rated:

posted November 28, 2001 19:01      Profile for lost at sea   Author's Homepage   Email lost at sea   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
this is kinda similar to the winter cds post i have been trying to do. my computer lost the connection while i was writing it yesterday. i have to run right now but i will have that post up in the bands section tonight.

for your xmas tapes i suggest From Autumn To Ashes "Reflections" Welcome To Your Life "Pratt Attack" Thursday "Cross Out The Eyes" for the screamo side. for the poppy side New End Original "Lukewarm" yea

--------------------
"why does boy meet girl leave me feeling ripped off? the Love Police has been tipped off..."
-kind of like spitting

Posts: 173 | From: ...breathing air that's soaking wet | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
nose over tail

Member # 57

Member Rated:

posted November 28, 2001 19:05      Profile for nose over tail   Email nose over tail   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
hardcore/screamo:

khayembii communique - a year and an ocean
thursday - how long is the night?

poppy:

fivestartheory - goodbye (its not released, but you can get it here.)

ataris - losing streak

[ November 28, 2001: Message edited by: nose over tail ]

Posts: 304 | From: evansville | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
thechaostheory

Member # 30

Member Rated:

posted November 28, 2001 19:06      Profile for thechaostheory   Email thechaostheory   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
hardcore
refused - summerholiday vs punkroutine
or
liberation frequency

poppy
smackin isaiah - catharsis for dummies
or
how to set yourself on fire
alkaline trio - trouble breathing
braid - i keep a diary
or
killing a camera

and since im not a huge sweetness fan, id go with either Robot factory or your new asthetic

--------------------
you're everything i lived for.....forever got shorter

w3rd souljah

Member # 2

posted November 28, 2001 19:08      Profile for w3rd souljah   Author's Homepage   Email w3rd souljah   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I hate the word screamo. Oh well.

For #1:

The Blood Brothers
400 Years
Poison the Well
You & I

Four #2:

Alkaline Trio
Thrice

--------------------
I like taking showers.

tiddlywynk

Member # 22

posted November 28, 2001 19:31      Profile for tiddlywynk   Author's Homepage   Email tiddlywynk   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
kara's flowers song for the poppy one. yes.

--------------------
.See.me.Feel.me.Touch.me.Heal.me.

Posts: 409 | From: Paper Street | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Walter Sobchek

Member # 37

Member Rated:

posted November 28, 2001 19:32      Profile for Walter Sobchek   Author's Homepage   Email Walter Sobchek   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
- Some STRIKE ANYWHERE for the hardcore one.
- Some of the new MOVIELIFE or RIVER CITY HIGH for the poopy one

--------------------
dude...dude. You're being very un-dude. Nothing is fucked here. Nothing is fucked. They're all a bunch of FUCKIN AMATUERS!

Posts: 237 | From: SmAlbany, NY | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
One Girl Army

Member # 62

Member Rated:

posted November 28, 2001 19:55      Profile for One Girl Army   Author's Homepage   Email One Girl Army   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Tape #1:

Poison The Well, Snapcase, American Nightmare, Skycamefalling, Converge.

Tape #2:
Jawbreaker, Midtown, Get Up Kids, Ten Foot Pole, Pulley, Bigwig, The Lawrence Arms.

Can't go wrong with any of those.

--------------------
*** Barrie ***
She walks softly but she carries a big gun...
Mimesis Entertainment

Posts: 222 | From: Brooklyn, NY | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
sickb0y

Member # 42

posted November 28, 2001 20:09      Profile for sickb0y        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
coolness. i will use all of these

thanks people

k r i s t i n

Member # 98

Member Rated:

posted November 28, 2001 22:56      Profile for k r i s t i n   Author's Homepage   Email k r i s t i n   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by sickb0y:
rufio - above me

i think you should remove this one.

--------------------
shread the gnar gnar bro brah!

Posts: 526 | From: california | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
sickb0y

Member # 42

posted November 29, 2001 00:11      Profile for sickb0y        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
sorry... no can do. it's a compilation of songs that my friends would like. i'm exposing them to new music that i'm fairly sure they would like. one likes hardcore... the other pop punk. rufio is pop punk indeed. so it stays

if it were a compilation for Y O U, then i'd leave it off. cause it ain't cool. or something.

Clobber

Member # 38

Member Rated:

posted November 29, 2001 09:00      Profile for Clobber     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
yeah..Thursday = good to add onto the hardcore/screamo cd...you gotta love Thursday.

Oh yeah..and if you want Pop Punk you should check out bayside at this link...

[ November 29, 2001: Message edited by: Clobber ]

--------------------
Sink it

Posts: 316 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Belong to Us!  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | nethijinx, ltd.

(c) 2000 + 19 nethijinx, ltd.