my profile / private messages | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Bored   » The Bored™   » Everything™ and then Some   » Los Angeles: The Definitive Report.

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Los Angeles: The Definitive Report.
w3rd souljah

Member # 2

posted November 25, 2001 03:27      Profile for w3rd souljah   Author's Homepage   Email w3rd souljah   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Why I hate LA:

Sold out shows
Impatient assholes
Charging for parking?
Sold out shows
Horrible rain

Why I love LA:

Hobos who attack cars with their cardboard signs and chase said cars down the street.
Great weather (contradictory?)
The ocean
Amoeba

I don't think I will ever go back to LA again if I am driving.

--------------------
I like taking showers.

Erimica

Member # 8

Member Rated:

posted November 25, 2001 10:56      Profile for Erimica   Email Erimica   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
so how was the show?

--------------------
~Erica

Posts: 305 | From: Tucson, Az | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
lost_astronaut

Member # 28

Member Rated:

posted November 25, 2001 12:56      Profile for lost_astronaut   Author's Homepage   Email lost_astronaut   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
obviously he did not get in. where were you, william? did you just find out it was sold out and leave? we were all looking for you. i didnt get in either. what happened??
Posts: 74 | From: santa monica, CA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
w3rd souljah

Member # 2

posted November 25, 2001 13:23      Profile for w3rd souljah   Author's Homepage   Email w3rd souljah   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
yeah, we left a while after we found it was sold out and my friends wanted fried rice and then we went back to amoeba to spend more money. and whatever.

--------------------
I like taking showers.

tiddlywynk

Member # 22

posted November 25, 2001 15:04      Profile for tiddlywynk   Author's Homepage   Email tiddlywynk   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
what show are we talking about here?

--------------------
.See.me.Feel.me.Touch.me.Heal.me.

Posts: 409 | From: Paper Street | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
sickb0y

Member # 42

posted November 25, 2001 17:29      Profile for sickb0y        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
you know... the show with all those bands? how could you forget about that one?

sheesh!

k r i s t i n

Member # 98

Member Rated:

posted November 25, 2001 18:31      Profile for k r i s t i n   Author's Homepage   Email k r i s t i n   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
william, you should've stayed! at least for a little while...

the show was mars volta (originaly decrapto), les savy fav, and ugly cassanova.

--------------------
shread the gnar gnar bro brah!

Posts: 526 | From: california | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Erimica

Member # 8

Member Rated:

posted November 25, 2001 19:08      Profile for Erimica   Email Erimica   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by lost_astronaut:
obviously he did not get in. where were you, william? did you just find out it was sold out and leave? we were all looking for you. i didnt get in either. what happened??

haha, obviously i was kidding.
joke, yes?
haha and whatnot...

--------------------
~Erica

Posts: 305 | From: Tucson, Az | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
w3rd souljah

Member # 2

posted November 25, 2001 20:17      Profile for w3rd souljah   Author's Homepage   Email w3rd souljah   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 

--------------------
I like taking showers.

Christy

Member # 4

Member Rated:

posted November 25, 2001 21:09      Profile for Christy   Author's Homepage   Email Christy   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
How come I never find out when William is coming to LA? Sadness.

--Christy

--------------------
panda panda panda!

Posts: 276 | From: La Jolla | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
the mdogg

Member # 17

Member Rated:

posted November 25, 2001 22:48      Profile for the mdogg   Author's Homepage   Email the mdogg   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Amoeba! over the summer me and my band took a jaunt out west (some refered to it as a boondoggle... not me though)

in san fransisco we went to Amoeba, and man o man, it was the coolest music store i ever visited. lots of $$ was spent there.

and yeah, back in LA, we drove by another, but it wasn't open yet i guess.

you just brought back a great memory! gracias
(by the way, you californians have one amazing drive up the coast between LA and San Fransisco)

--------------------
www.moreorlessrock.com

Posts: 104 | From: Tallahassee / Tampa | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
lost_astronaut

Member # 28

Member Rated:

posted November 25, 2001 23:42      Profile for lost_astronaut   Author's Homepage   Email lost_astronaut   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
but thats only if you take the scenic route up the 101. otherwise it's six hours of cornfields, cows and gas stations with people with mullets inside.
Posts: 74 | From: santa monica, CA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
k r i s t i n

Member # 98

Member Rated:

posted November 26, 2001 00:15      Profile for k r i s t i n   Author's Homepage   Email k r i s t i n   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by lost_astronaut:
but thats only if you take the scenic route up the 101. otherwise it's six hours of cornfields, cows and gas stations with people with mullets inside.

scary.

--------------------
shread the gnar gnar bro brah!

Posts: 526 | From: california | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
w3rd souljah

Member # 2

posted November 26, 2001 01:01      Profile for w3rd souljah   Author's Homepage   Email w3rd souljah   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Christy:
How come I never find out when William is coming to LA? Sadness.

--Christy

Click here to subscribe to the William Life digest! Or IM him more often!

--------------------
I like taking showers.

Zach

Member # 47

Member Rated:

posted November 29, 2001 00:26      Profile for Zach   Email Zach   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
so where in the la area can i find this amoeba record store? i definitely want to check it out.

--------------------
When you close your eyes are you satisfied?
When this is all over there will be nothing left.

Posts: 95 | From: Redondo Beach, CA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
StarStruckOne

Member # 83

Member Rated:

posted November 29, 2001 14:37      Profile for StarStruckOne   Email StarStruckOne   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I believe Amoeba is on Sunset. I saw an ad for it somewhere.

--------------------
~*Christy*~

Posts: 40 | From: Thousand Oaks, CA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Just Kenny

Member # 5

Member Rated:

posted November 29, 2001 23:02      Profile for Just Kenny   Email Just Kenny   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I had to go to downtown on tuesday. The definitive report? I hate it, and I am quite sure the feeling is mutual, seeing as how it ruined my whole day.

--------------------
Truly,
Kenny

Posts: 119 | From: Freetopia | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
karin

Member # 46

Member Rated:

posted November 30, 2001 00:03      Profile for karin   Author's Homepage   Email karin   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
6400 Sunset Blvd.

Sunset and Cahuenga

--------------------
"We may rally around the flag, but never bind our eyes, ears and mouths with it..."

Zach

Member # 47

Member Rated:

posted December 02, 2001 20:36      Profile for Zach   Email Zach   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
thanks karin. when i have some money i'll have to go there.

--------------------
When you close your eyes are you satisfied?
When this is all over there will be nothing left.

Posts: 95 | From: Redondo Beach, CA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Belong to Us!  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | nethijinx, ltd.

(c) 2000 + 19 nethijinx, ltd.