my profile / private messages | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Bored   » The Bored™   » Everything™ and then Some   » Party, not the makeover kind (help please)

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Party, not the makeover kind (help please)
secondratehero

Member # 51

Member Rated:

posted November 22, 2001 15:06      Profile for secondratehero   Author's Homepage   Email secondratehero   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
okay, my friends 18th birthday is next week, theres a big party with about 150 dance, techno fans etc, but he said i can play rock anyway. but obviously, since they dont like rock (i'm still playing it anyway) i want some dance along kinda rock songs, stuff that wont get me jumped i know this isnt a music forum but amuse me anyway, thanks. heres some i thought of, suggest some good ones please. obviosuly, as much as i love it, i cant really play elliot, gloria record or anything which will make people fall asleep.

Nerf Herder - Sorry
Ultimate Fakebook - Little Apple Girl
At The Drive-In - Give It A Name
Cake - Short Skirt, Long Jacket
Glassjaw - rys rys song
Everclear - The Swing
Fenix Tx - Threesome
Guttermouth - She's Got The Look
Hundred Reasons - Remmus
Jimmy Eat World - Seventeen
Ozma - Rocks
Samiam - She Found You
Saves The Day - Shoulder To The Wheel
The June Spirit - Far From Dakota
Alkaline Trio - Stupid kid

i think they'll still enjoy these, right? screw it, i'll enjoy it.

--------------------
"i never want to say my best days are behind me"

Posts: 33 | From: harrow, london, england | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
tiddlywynk

Member # 22

posted November 22, 2001 15:24      Profile for tiddlywynk   Author's Homepage   Email tiddlywynk   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
try to find some good stuff that's on the radio, so at least they'll recognize the song, even if they aren't crazy about it. like "bleed american," "at your funeral," etc.

--------------------
.See.me.Feel.me.Touch.me.Heal.me.

Posts: 409 | From: Paper Street | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
karin

Member # 46

Member Rated:

posted November 22, 2001 15:57      Profile for karin   Author's Homepage   Email karin   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
hm. I'd say go with 80s rock if you can. That's more fun to dance to. I had a party pretty recently, and we mixed in songs like Joan Jett's "I love Rock and Roll," Cheap Trick's "I want you to want me," and Queen's "Under Pressure"

If you insist on that kind of rock, try Sugarcult or something poppy like that.

--------------------
"We may rally around the flag, but never bind our eyes, ears and mouths with it..."

k r i s t i n

Member # 98

Member Rated:

posted November 22, 2001 15:58      Profile for k r i s t i n   Author's Homepage   Email k r i s t i n   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
q and not u. they're a dance party in a box...or something.

--------------------
shread the gnar gnar bro brah!

Posts: 526 | From: california | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ewan

Member # 111

Member Rated:

posted November 22, 2001 16:02      Profile for Ewan   Author's Homepage   Email Ewan   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Don't forget Sum 41 and Blink 182. What kind of party would be complete without them?

e.

[ November 22, 2001: Message edited by: Ewan ]

--------------------
Having fun or dying young?
It's hard to tell.

Posts: 316 | From: Bristol, England | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Wasting Too Much Time

Member # 19

Member Rated:

posted November 22, 2001 16:41      Profile for Wasting Too Much Time   Author's Homepage   Email Wasting Too Much Time   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
go with some good cover songs.

--------------------
you could say i do at least.

Posts: 284 | From: Alberta, Canada | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
secondratehero

Member # 51

Member Rated:

posted November 23, 2001 09:42      Profile for secondratehero   Author's Homepage   Email secondratehero   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by tiddlywynk:
try to find some good stuff that's on the radio, so at least they'll recognize the song, even if they aren't crazy about it. like "bleed american," "at your funeral," etc.

you clearly dont know whats on english radio, the day j.e.w and saves the day are on english radio is the day hell freezes over. but thanks anyway.

as for sum 41, god, i really hate them, but i guess people wont mind in too deep or something. q and not u, i dont think so might freak people out.

--------------------
"i never want to say my best days are behind me"

Posts: 33 | From: harrow, london, england | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
One Girl Army

Member # 62

Member Rated:

posted November 23, 2001 10:28      Profile for One Girl Army   Author's Homepage   Email One Girl Army   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I say go with Poison or Def Leppard, or any kind of 80's metal or even 80's new wave pop kinda stuff. Things that people know, that's fun and that is silly yet entertaining at the same time.

--------------------
*** Barrie ***
She walks softly but she carries a big gun...
Mimesis Entertainment

Posts: 222 | From: Brooklyn, NY | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Jenny

Member # 31

Member Rated:

posted November 23, 2001 15:14      Profile for Jenny   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
play Everclear - Local God, that is a really good song to dance to.
and maybe if there's going to be a mix of people there you should try and cater for their tastes too, so play some dancy stuff that you can actually stand, like Daft Punk or something.
i like Daft Punk.

--------------------
Moi aussi un jour je serai beau comme un dieu

Posts: 198 | From: Nr Manchester/Leeds UK | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
karin

Member # 46

Member Rated:

posted November 23, 2001 16:47      Profile for karin   Author's Homepage   Email karin   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
oh yes, must add that The Faint is quite danceable too

--------------------
"We may rally around the flag, but never bind our eyes, ears and mouths with it..."

kiddy

Member # 10

Member Rated:

posted November 25, 2001 02:24      Profile for kiddy   Email kiddy   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
yeah go with the oldschool music its always good for a laugh
that way you can have 80s dancing comps and get those hips swaying baaaaby

--------------------
one two screw you

Posts: 173 | From: the gutter | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Belong to Us!  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | nethijinx, ltd.

(c) 2000 + 19 nethijinx, ltd.