my profile / private messages | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Bored   » The Bored™   » Everything™ and then Some   » 2 wrong australian stereotypes

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 2 wrong australian stereotypes
kiddy

Member # 10

Member Rated:

posted November 21, 2001 01:59      Profile for kiddy   Email kiddy   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
1. australians dont drink fosters ...it tastes like horse piss
and 2. no-one put shrimps on the barbie
for a start we call shrimps prawns
instead australians generally put snags (sausages) or steak on the barbie
so there you go you probably already knew that but i thought id clear it up
i drink a fair bit of beer and ive only ever drunk fosters 1 time and that was on a japanese airline

--------------------
one two screw you

Posts: 173 | From: the gutter | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
crazy joe davola

Member # 87

Member Rated:

posted November 21, 2001 02:09      Profile for crazy joe davola   Email crazy joe davola   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
hah, i cant understand fosters' reputation as the popular australian beer. The only person I know who drinks it is my mum's stepfather (actually, its light ice...far worse. there are countless vile acts I'd hapily perform rather than having to drink this). once he forced it upon me...and since this was coupled with a pointless story about meeting Tim Costello, I was on the verge of jumping out the window. until i realised I was already outside.

--------------------
It's like they chopped off your arms and legs, dipped you in plastic, then screwed you all back together again and stuck you on a pedestal. It's really quite exquisite

Posts: 50 | From: i am directly under the earth's sun...nnnow | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
w3rd souljah

Member # 2

posted November 21, 2001 02:15      Profile for w3rd souljah   Author's Homepage   Email w3rd souljah   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
PRAWNS! So that's what it is! So when one's penis smells of pra.....fuck. I've said to much. Bye!

--------------------
I like taking showers.

phil is mondo lame

Member # 13

Member Rated:

posted November 21, 2001 02:54      Profile for phil is mondo lame   Email phil is mondo lame   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
but we do ride kangaroos to school every morning.

[ November 21, 2001: Message edited by: phil is mondo lame ]

--------------------
never, under any circumstances, steal the purple magician's briefcase of tricks.

Posts: 128 | From: who honestly gives a fuck? | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
paul

Member # 84

Member Rated:

posted November 21, 2001 05:26      Profile for paul   Email paul   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
yeah, i'm getting a new kangaroo for christmas cause my old one burnt out.
Posts: 51 | From: brisbane. | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
exspectator

Member # 101

Member Rated:

posted November 21, 2001 18:16      Profile for exspectator   Author's Homepage   Email exspectator   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i like emU music.

--------------------
dead heroes are perfect heroes.

Posts: 44 | From: south fuckin' australia. home of the "618". ooh, scary. morons. | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Ewan

Member # 111

Member Rated:

posted November 21, 2001 18:39      Profile for Ewan   Author's Homepage   Email Ewan   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
2 correct Australian stereotypes.

1) They don't know the difference between a knife and a spoon and are infamously bad losers at knifey-spooney.

2) They are all a bunch of no good criminals. They're all decendants of Cockney criminals which explains a - the mysterious accent - and b - how they write such good soap operas.

e.

--------------------
Having fun or dying young?
It's hard to tell.

Posts: 316 | From: Bristol, England | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
hollyhox

Member # 35

Member Rated:

posted November 21, 2001 18:54      Profile for hollyhox   Author's Homepage   Email hollyhox   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
"barbie"? barbecue? barbie doll? i'm guessing its barbecue...

--------------------
>>*i didnt know i made friends with fucking rock critics.*<

Posts: 30 | From: appleton, wi | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Public Humiliation

Member # 11

Member Rated:

posted November 21, 2001 21:48      Profile for Public Humiliation   Author's Homepage   Email Public Humiliation   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by crazy joe davola:
hah, i cant understand fosters' reputation as the popular australian beer.

they must have gotten it mixed up with eb, we all know eb is austrailia's premier beer.

quote:
Originally posted by crazy joe davola:
and since this was coupled with a pointless story about meeting Tim Costello, I was on the verge of jumping out the window. until i realised I was already outside.

He's the bung Costello isn't he? Peter and Elvis are much more intresting.

quote:
Originally posted by Ewan:

2) They are all a bunch of no good criminals. They're all decendants of Cockney criminals which explains a - the mysterious accent - and b - how they write such good soap operas.

e.

how can you consider home and away and neighbours good? and their the best of the austrlian dramas yet they still suck. don't get me started on breakers...that is shocking.

--------------------
4 500 000 BCE - Ninjas discover flipping out and God gives them dominion over everything totally sweet.

Posts: 171 | From: Perth, Australia | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
crazy joe davola

Member # 87

Member Rated:

posted November 21, 2001 23:14      Profile for crazy joe davola   Email crazy joe davola   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
maybe he was talking about e-street. there was nothing wrong with e-street. except marcus graham.

lets not get into the eb issue again. in my mind, the seven deadly (australian) sins consist of the following;

VII: Tooheys (excl draught)
VI: XXXX
V: Crown
IV: Corona
III: eb
II: basically any other premium variety
I: Fosters

--------------------
It's like they chopped off your arms and legs, dipped you in plastic, then screwed you all back together again and stuck you on a pedestal. It's really quite exquisite

Posts: 50 | From: i am directly under the earth's sun...nnnow | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
phil is mondo lame

Member # 13

Member Rated:

posted November 21, 2001 23:16      Profile for phil is mondo lame   Email phil is mondo lame   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
isn't corona mexican?

--------------------
never, under any circumstances, steal the purple magician's briefcase of tricks.

Posts: 128 | From: who honestly gives a fuck? | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
crazy joe davola

Member # 87

Member Rated:

posted November 21, 2001 23:26      Profile for crazy joe davola   Email crazy joe davola   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i wasnt limiting myself to skip beers, but feel free to replace corona with cascade, which I forgot about.

--------------------

phil is mondo lame

Member # 13

Member Rated:

posted November 21, 2001 23:36      Profile for phil is mondo lame   Email phil is mondo lame   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i actually think cascade is alright... so i'm replacing that with Emu Export. oh dear god that shit is bad.

--------------------

kiddy

Member # 10

Member Rated:

posted November 22, 2001 02:42      Profile for kiddy   Email kiddy   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
whatever you do dont buy james squires beer
it cost 54skins a carton and tastes fuckin horrible
im all for tooheys new or extra dry
its the only beer to drink

--------------------
one two screw you

Posts: 173 | From: the gutter | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
exspectator

Member # 101

Member Rated:

posted November 22, 2001 15:23      Profile for exspectator   Author's Homepage   Email exspectator   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
no, no, no... coopers pale ale is the only way to go... or maybe crown if i'm feeling fancy (eg i want to be the secret life of us), or southwark pale if i'm feeling poor.

--------------------

Posts: 44 | From: south fuckin' australia. home of the "618". ooh, scary. morons. | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
sickb0y

Member # 42

posted November 22, 2001 16:53      Profile for sickb0y        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
you just want to be like evan don't you jolan?
exspectator

Member # 101

Member Rated:

posted November 22, 2001 18:31      Profile for exspectator   Author's Homepage   Email exspectator   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
three people have told me that i remind them of evan. i don't know why. maybe it's the bad greasy hair.

--------------------

crazy joe davola

Member # 87

Member Rated:

posted November 22, 2001 19:00      Profile for crazy joe davola   Email crazy joe davola   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
coopers pale ale = rockin. and coopers stout if you're in the mood for a liquid meal.

--------------------

Public Humiliation

Member # 11

Member Rated:

posted November 23, 2001 01:54      Profile for Public Humiliation   Author's Homepage   Email Public Humiliation   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
toohey's extra dry is good, but yet i can't see the appeal of crown, it's just too expensive for a beer that isn't anything special.

--------------------
4 500 000 BCE - Ninjas discover flipping out and God gives them dominion over everything totally sweet.

Posts: 171 | From: Perth, Australia | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
phil is mondo lame

Member # 13

Member Rated:

posted November 23, 2001 03:09      Profile for phil is mondo lame   Email phil is mondo lame   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i'd just like to say that EB is classy, and i think this picture proves that.

that guy is sex on a stick

--------------------

crazy joe davola

Member # 87

Member Rated:

posted November 23, 2001 14:04      Profile for crazy joe davola   Email crazy joe davola   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
that looks so much like my dad, its not funny. except my dad has a mega beard, long hair (but is still balding) and a bigger pot. and he doesnt drink eb. now you know why i'm a bogan.

--------------------

All times are Belong to Us!  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | nethijinx, ltd.

(c) 2000 + 19 nethijinx, ltd.