my profile / private messages | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Bored   » The Bored™   » Everything™ and then Some   » holiday shopping

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: holiday shopping
Erimica

Member # 8

Member Rated:

posted November 19, 2001 13:15      Profile for Erimica   Email Erimica   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
whats more fun than poking yourself repeatedly in the eye with a toothpick?

of course.....

navigating the mall during the months of november and december!!

as much as i do love people, i hate pushing my way through old, young, young and in love, old and in love, and annoying little brats. unfortunately, theres little you can do to avoid the holiday rush (except...GO SHOPPING EARLY!!!)
who does that? the smart people. who's smart? not me.
point being, i came up with an almost full proof way of walking through the mall, so people will get out of your way. (i have a picture at home of my friend james posing for the camera...post it later)

actually, real point being....
shopping for friends is definitely a hard thing to do. they all say "i dunno...get me whatever...you dont even have to get me anything".
does anyone have some good ideas for neat presents i could get my friends? nothing TOO expensive though....and nothing boring. oring gifts have a tendency to be...boring.

--------------------
~Erica

Posts: 305 | From: Tucson, Az | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
nose over tail

Member # 57

Member Rated:

posted November 19, 2001 14:22      Profile for nose over tail   Email nose over tail   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i feel kind of bad, because i'm not getting anyone christmas presents, besides for my girlfriend. i'm spending the money i should be spending on christmas presents, on the weezer/jimmy eat world/tenacious d concert i'm going to (ten days and counting!). i feel especially bad considering my sister went out of her way to come up with enough money to buy everyone christmas presents. blah. why do people have to be so nice? or... better question, why do i have to be not-so-nice?
Posts: 304 | From: evansville | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Wasting Too Much Time

Member # 19

Member Rated:

posted November 19, 2001 16:13      Profile for Wasting Too Much Time   Author's Homepage   Email Wasting Too Much Time   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
arg. i hate thinking about christmas shopping. for a few reasons really. i don't know what to get anyone. i have too many people to buy for. i will have no money after i'm done. i always fear people won't like what i get them. aaarrrrhhhhggggg.

--------------------
you could say i do at least.

Posts: 284 | From: Alberta, Canada | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
tiddlywynk

Member # 22

posted November 19, 2001 16:30      Profile for tiddlywynk   Author's Homepage   Email tiddlywynk   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
my holiday list:
Mom
Dad
Grandma
Aunt Karen
Uncle Arnie
Aunt Jo
Uncle Frank
Cousin Norman
Cousin Jeremy
Cousin Michael
Cousin Karen
Cousin Reona
Cousin Leon
Alan
Kim
Rachel
Emily
Abbey
Austin
Taylor
Jenn
Arthur
Jen
Jeremy
Ashton
Jordan
Maria
Zack
Jules
Yale
Sina
Brandon
Max
Tim
Micah
Brian
Seth
Rob
Ryan
Joey
Dominic
Pete
Alette
...and probably more that i forgot.
*cries* every year i end up spending all of my money PLUS stuff i borrow from my parents on presents for people. i am never gonna get a boombox at this rate. i'm just too nice... when i'm not being a bitch from hell, that is.

--------------------
.See.me.Feel.me.Touch.me.Heal.me.

Posts: 409 | From: Paper Street | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
phil is mondo lame

Member # 13

Member Rated:

posted November 19, 2001 22:33      Profile for phil is mondo lame   Email phil is mondo lame   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
no-one expects presents from me. i am stingy as fuck.

--------------------
never, under any circumstances, steal the purple magician's briefcase of tricks.

Posts: 128 | From: who honestly gives a fuck? | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Jenny

Member # 31

Member Rated:

posted November 20, 2001 13:19      Profile for Jenny   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i say don't buy loads of people presents. when i was younger all the girls in my class used to buy presents for each other, and the problem was that the presents ended up being really shitty, with no thought put into them.
so only buy your closest friends something, and your family, and make or buy cards or something for everyone else. that way everybody knows you still thought of them, but you don't end getting stressed trying to shop for everyone.
making presents is cheesy, but everyone likes to get something someone's put a lot of time into. i think making candles is a really good idea, and they aren't that hard either. another good thing is make or buy a picture frame and put a good picture of you and the person you're giving it to in it.
well, hope i gave you some ideas.

--------------------
Moi aussi un jour je serai beau comme un dieu

Posts: 198 | From: Nr Manchester/Leeds UK | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
the placebo

Member # 20

Member Rated:

posted November 20, 2001 13:42      Profile for the placebo   Email the placebo   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
what's worse is working retail (like i do) throughout that season...especially this friday...which is called BLACK FRIDAY. pretty much everyone at every retail store works on that day. kinda sucks. i'll be selling a ton of DVDs though. and also catching a ton of shoplifters.

--------------------
"now it is time for you to drink the melted silver teapot! enjoy a molten beverage that will coat your insides with a shiny smooth finish! then you will eat the table because i keep my promises!"

Posts: 205 | From: nashville, tn | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Walter Sobchek

Member # 37

Member Rated:

posted November 20, 2001 14:31      Profile for Walter Sobchek   Author's Homepage   Email Walter Sobchek   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
by phil is mondo lame
no-one expects presents from me. i am stingy as fuck.

hahaha. thats what people say to me. but i usually do nice things for christmas, so they all eat their words. i told people that i was getting gift certificates to the dollar store for everyone this year. but hey, a $10 gift certificate is 10 things. can't beat it. can i help it if the rest of the year i like to budget my cash and make sure i have enough to pay bills?

--------------------
dude...dude. You're being very un-dude. Nothing is fucked here. Nothing is fucked. They're all a bunch of FUCKIN AMATUERS!

Posts: 237 | From: SmAlbany, NY | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
crazy joe davola

Member # 87

Member Rated:

posted November 21, 2001 01:12      Profile for crazy joe davola   Email crazy joe davola   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i hate christmas shopping. i hate christmas. My family doesnt "do" presents, per se. This year I'm having a festivus party, which kind of co-incides with my birthday and I'll end up buying 2 presents, maximum. rockin.

--------------------
It's like they chopped off your arms and legs, dipped you in plastic, then screwed you all back together again and stuck you on a pedestal. It's really quite exquisite

Posts: 50 | From: i am directly under the earth's sun...nnnow | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Walter Sobchek

Member # 37

Member Rated:

posted November 21, 2001 08:50      Profile for Walter Sobchek   Author's Homepage   Email Walter Sobchek   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
A festivus for the rest of us! Get the pole!

--------------------
dude...dude. You're being very un-dude. Nothing is fucked here. Nothing is fucked. They're all a bunch of FUCKIN AMATUERS!

Posts: 237 | From: SmAlbany, NY | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Clobber

Member # 38

Member Rated:

posted November 21, 2001 11:24      Profile for Clobber     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
My friends and i do the whole Chris Chringle.(is that how you spell it?..blah)
Anyways, that way we only buy a gift for one person.and yet everyone gets one..
Its better than way because i already have so many people to buy for..
Anyways, its hard to say what to buy for them..it depends on the person.
For me i would go with clothes...or books..or ..i dunno..but i am as you say..boring.

--------------------
Sink it

Posts: 316 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Belong to Us!  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | nethijinx, ltd.

(c) 2000 + 19 nethijinx, ltd.