my profile / private messages | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Bored   » The Bored™   » Everything™ and then Some   » Oww.

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Oww.
That Kid Jay

Member # 50

Member Rated:

posted November 11, 2001 14:58      Profile for That Kid Jay   Email That Kid Jay   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
On the old board I made a post on how I sprained and slighty torn a ligament in my knee, had a sinus infection for 3-4 weeks, pulled a muscle in my back, and bruised a rib, all within less than 2 months. It hasn't even been 3 months from when I first got hurt, and last night I dislocated my shoulder. Go me!
Posts: 164 | From: Connecticut | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Colonel Klink

Member # 78

posted November 11, 2001 15:46      Profile for Colonel Klink   Author's Homepage   Email Colonel Klink   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I broke my arms seven times till I realized I should calm down and stop jumping around.
Get better. A dislocated shoulder is a very annoying stuff.

--------------------
Industrial Revolution has flipped a bitch on Evolution.

Posts: 665 | From: Stalag 13 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Geektanic

Member # 45

Member Rated:

posted November 11, 2001 16:23      Profile for Geektanic   Author's Homepage   Email Geektanic   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
last september I got thrown off a horse at riding...and kept riding once a week so i eventually herniated 3 disks in my back...

around january, when my back was its worse, and I had just had eye surgery,...I got pneumonia.

so everytime I'd cough my back would lurch forward...and I couldn't open by eye and I couldn't breathe.

euck.

--------------------
Do the stars conspire to pin us down like butterflies? - Jets to Brazil

Posts: 176 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Woody

Member # 63

Member Rated:

posted November 11, 2001 20:52      Profile for Woody   Email Woody   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Dislocated shoulders kinda suck ass.

--------------------
Learn To Deal

Posts: 82 | From: Barrhead AB | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
kiddy

Member # 10

Member Rated:

posted November 12, 2001 03:20      Profile for kiddy   Email kiddy   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i tore my ac joint
so now ive got uneven shoulders

--------------------
one two screw you

Posts: 173 | From: the gutter | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
StarWarsManiac

Member # 96

Member Rated:

posted November 12, 2001 08:30      Profile for StarWarsManiac   Author's Homepage   Email StarWarsManiac   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
And Jay almost did a backflip off his car the other night, thank jehovah he didn't. He would have gotten hurt somehow.

Jay is an injury whore!

Greg

--------------------
"They're about a universe in which human beings, aliens, and machines experience things common to all of us: love, vengeance, fear, and wonder." -Brian Daley (on Star Wars)

Posts: 74 | From: CT | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Clobber

Member # 38

Member Rated:

posted November 12, 2001 12:57      Profile for Clobber     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
You have all probably heard this before..but i BIT MY TONGUE OFF..so don't complain..

i got it sewn(sp) back on, mind you..so all is well.

Get better Jay..dont make any weird jerky movements with your shoulder...that should work?

--------------------
Sink it

Posts: 316 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Zesty

Member # 36

Member Rated:

posted November 12, 2001 14:52      Profile for Zesty   Email Zesty   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Clobber:
i BIT MY TONGUE OFF..so don't complain..

i got it sewn(sp) back on, mind you..so all is well.

Holy eggbeaters!!! How the fuck did you do that? Did you actually bite it completely off? AHHHH!

--------------------
You're not fully evil, until you're zestyfully evil!
MWA HA HA HA HA!

Posts: 206 | From: Inside my Mind | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
k r i s t i n

Member # 98

Member Rated:

posted November 12, 2001 15:23      Profile for k r i s t i n   Author's Homepage   Email k r i s t i n   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
if i remember correctly she's mentioned something about it on the board before. and i think she said it was only a piece of it. besides, i'm pretty sure if you bit the WHOLE thing off you would die, you should know that!

--------------------
shread the gnar gnar bro brah!

Posts: 526 | From: california | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Zesty

Member # 36

Member Rated:

posted November 12, 2001 19:49      Profile for Zesty   Email Zesty   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
How can you die from biting your whole tongue off? It's just a tongue, not a vital organ or anything. As long as you stopped the bleeding in time, you would surely survive.

Now that I think about it, it would be pretty hard to bite your tongue off unless you stuck it out as far as it can go and then chomped down...and even then you would only get most of it.

--------------------
You're not fully evil, until you're zestyfully evil!
MWA HA HA HA HA!

Posts: 206 | From: Inside my Mind | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
crazy joe davola

Member # 87

Member Rated:

posted November 12, 2001 20:07      Profile for crazy joe davola   Email crazy joe davola   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
nothing painfully exciting ever happens to me.

but this chick in my chem class, who's a cadet, was on a training camp earlier this year. In the middle of the night she woke up because her eye was stinging. So she woke up the chick she was sharing a tent with, and asked her what was in her eye (she couldnt see). Uh, it was a leech. On her eyeball. Yeah, I cant remember what happened, but the point of the story is; leech, eyeball.

another one of my friends got her arm caught between the doors of a lift...and the lift started moving down while her arm was hanging out. Fantastic scars.

--------------------
It's like they chopped off your arms and legs, dipped you in plastic, then screwed you all back together again and stuck you on a pedestal. It's really quite exquisite

Posts: 50 | From: i am directly under the earth's sun...nnnow | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
tiddlywynk

Member # 22

posted November 12, 2001 20:34      Profile for tiddlywynk   Author's Homepage   Email tiddlywynk   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

--------------------
.See.me.Feel.me.Touch.me.Heal.me.

Posts: 409 | From: Paper Street | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
phil is mondo lame

Member # 13

Member Rated:

posted November 12, 2001 22:37      Profile for phil is mondo lame   Email phil is mondo lame   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i'm also rather boring when it comes to the injury department, but my best friend got run over by a lawnmower when he was 12. he's got a big ass chunk out of his leg, and when he walks you can see shit pulsate in the scar and stuff. it's great.

oh and he was in hospital when telethon (an annual dodgy piece of shit show where australian celebrities come to perth to raise money for our children's hospital) was on. he got to meet VULCAN, JAMES SHERRY and AGRO. (yeah... anyone outside australia would have no idea who these people are. they are cool, just take my word for it)

--------------------
never, under any circumstances, steal the purple magician's briefcase of tricks.

Posts: 128 | From: who honestly gives a fuck? | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
El Guapo Vandal

Member # 9

Member Rated:

posted November 12, 2001 23:22      Profile for El Guapo Vandal   Email El Guapo Vandal   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
the worst i have done was come about 3 inches from impaling myself on a 3 foot long rusty metal spike (flipped a four wheeler, landed in a ditch, notice my shirt was ripped and about 3 inches off to the side of my chest was the pole..

or about 25 degrees from paralysing myself (sliding into the boards during hockey practice.. hit so hard i bounced out PAST the goal line and into the faceoff circle)

fun stuff really. and oh yeah, i broke my wrist once but it was no big deal. ive never reall had anything major, just torqued my knees a few times, sprains, strains, and so forth.

--------------------
i hate you.

Posts: 232 | From: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
tiddlywynk

Member # 22

posted November 12, 2001 23:39      Profile for tiddlywynk   Author's Homepage   Email tiddlywynk   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
ever since i was born with a birth defect, i keep almost dying. or at least injuring myself. i can injure myself doing anything. it's depressing, really.

--------------------
.See.me.Feel.me.Touch.me.Heal.me.

Posts: 409 | From: Paper Street | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
crazy joe davola

Member # 87

Member Rated:

posted November 13, 2001 00:10      Profile for crazy joe davola   Email crazy joe davola   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by phil is mondo lame:
oh and he was in hospital when telethon (an annual dodgy piece of shit show where australian celebrities come to perth to raise money for our children's hospital) was on. he got to meet VULCAN, JAMES SHERRY and AGRO. (yeah... anyone outside australia would have no idea who these people are. they are cool, just take my word for it)

childrens hospital appeals are the only "celebrity" ridden event I am yet to conquer. For the past ten years I've called them each good friday, and made some bullshit story about how I'm five and want to donate all my pocket money (somewhere between $2 and $2.10) blahblah, in the hope that bert newton or burgo would read out my name. Did they ever read out my name? No. Did any celebrities ever answer my calls? No. All I got were dirty old women recruited from "Lucious Lucy's Phone Sex" company. So I gave up one year and played Gladiators on my couch, and broke my finger, hence my man hands.

so the only injury I've incurred is the development of my fat hands. yay.

--------------------
It's like they chopped off your arms and legs, dipped you in plastic, then screwed you all back together again and stuck you on a pedestal. It's really quite exquisite

Posts: 50 | From: i am directly under the earth's sun...nnnow | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
WeakerthanNat

Member # 12

Member Rated:

posted November 13, 2001 02:17      Profile for WeakerthanNat   Email WeakerthanNat   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
the only thing we ever did for telethon was make some phony donation in the name of someone we didnt like.
Posts: 69 | From: Perth, Western Australia | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Clobber

Member # 38

Member Rated:

posted November 13, 2001 09:58      Profile for Clobber     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yes indeed..
I have mentioned it many times..blah.it is the only thing that has ever really happend to me..well that and slicing my earlobe off..

Anyways..the whole tongue thing..it was a freak accident and in the end my tongue was left hanging by a tiny chunk for the night because it was too swollen to sew back on that night..

I guess you could say that i didn't sleep that night..because everyone had to keep waking me up every 20 minutes to make sure i hadn't swallowed it..yuk.

--------------------
Sink it

Posts: 316 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Belong to Us!  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | nethijinx, ltd.

(c) 2000 + 19 nethijinx, ltd.