my profile / private messages | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Bored   » The Bored™   » Everything™ and then Some   » Moving to Indy: Phase 1

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Moving to Indy: Phase 1
StarWarsManiac

Member # 96

Member Rated:

posted November 11, 2001 07:21      Profile for StarWarsManiac   Author's Homepage   Email StarWarsManiac   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well today the house is clean as a whistle and a lady is coming in to take pictures to post on the 'net or something to sell our home. ALL of my posters had to come off my walls, it was semi-sad. Feels like the first day I moved into my room, big and lonely. Indy, here I come (sometime)!

Greg

--------------------
"They're about a universe in which human beings, aliens, and machines experience things common to all of us: love, vengeance, fear, and wonder." -Brian Daley (on Star Wars)

Posts: 74 | From: CT | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Walter Sobchek

Member # 37

Member Rated:

posted November 11, 2001 07:47      Profile for Walter Sobchek   Author's Homepage   Email Walter Sobchek   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
man, i hate moving. i've done it twice i guess. once to the dorm, then to my apartment, and both of those were only like 15-20 minute trecks. but still, having to pack everything away and put it back into order sucks. i wish i could've taken everything already layed out and just drop it into the new place. i'll probably wind up doing it again this summer after graduation. yay

--------------------
dude...dude. You're being very un-dude. Nothing is fucked here. Nothing is fucked. They're all a bunch of FUCKIN AMATUERS!

Posts: 237 | From: SmAlbany, NY | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Erimica

Member # 8

Member Rated:

posted November 11, 2001 08:53      Profile for Erimica   Email Erimica   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
one of the only memories i have of moving is packing all those little toys into a box marked "25 cents".
i dont think 6 year olds pack so well, so my parents did it for me.

--------------------
~Erica

Posts: 305 | From: Tucson, Az | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Wasting Too Much Time

Member # 19

Member Rated:

posted November 11, 2001 08:59      Profile for Wasting Too Much Time   Author's Homepage   Email Wasting Too Much Time   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
In less than a year thats gonna be me packing everything I own and moving away. That scares me.

But, i've had to move my sister about 4 different times. yeah, it sucked.

--------------------
you could say i do at least.

Posts: 284 | From: Alberta, Canada | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
StarWarsManiac

Member # 96

Member Rated:

posted November 11, 2001 10:20      Profile for StarWarsManiac   Author's Homepage   Email StarWarsManiac   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
After moving to Indy I will have to pack up and move AGAIN about 1/2 a year or so later to go to the University of Iowa. 2 moves within less than a year, yay.

Greg

--------------------
"They're about a universe in which human beings, aliens, and machines experience things common to all of us: love, vengeance, fear, and wonder." -Brian Daley (on Star Wars)

Posts: 74 | From: CT | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Amanda

Member # 94

Member Rated:

posted November 11, 2001 12:12      Profile for Amanda   Author's Homepage   Email Amanda   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
ive moved more times than i can count.
Posts: 12 | From: 29 palms | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Zach

Member # 47

Member Rated:

posted November 11, 2001 18:20      Profile for Zach   Email Zach   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i would like to move, i need a new start, nothing for me is right...but i don't have any money so i could only move if my parents did.

--------------------
When you close your eyes are you satisfied?
When this is all over there will be nothing left.

Posts: 95 | From: Redondo Beach, CA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
malicorne

Member # 26

Member Rated:

posted November 11, 2001 21:17      Profile for malicorne     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i've moved twice, overseas both times, and it was a drag. nothing in my house is very organized anyway, so having all the unorganizedness in boxes all over an empty house really doesn't help. but i was pretty young when i moved so the super huge change didn't affect me as much as it might have if i was older.

--------------------
big S, little a, little n, big D, little e, big E. *

Posts: 85 | From: Los Angeles | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
tiddlywynk

Member # 22

posted November 11, 2001 21:54      Profile for tiddlywynk   Author's Homepage   Email tiddlywynk   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i moved from brentwood terrace to santa monica when i was two. no biggie.

--------------------
.See.me.Feel.me.Touch.me.Heal.me.

Posts: 409 | From: Paper Street | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
crazy joe davola

Member # 87

Member Rated:

posted November 11, 2001 22:04      Profile for crazy joe davola   Email crazy joe davola   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i moved when I was 7. Our new house was around the corner (3 houses away) so we put castors on all of our furniture/boxes and wheeled them along the footpath, since we didnt (hah, still dont) have a car, even though it wouldve been pointless driving all our stuff around.

[ November 11, 2001: Message edited by: crazy joe davola ]

--------------------
It's like they chopped off your arms and legs, dipped you in plastic, then screwed you all back together again and stuck you on a pedestal. It's really quite exquisite

Posts: 50 | From: i am directly under the earth's sun...nnnow | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
lost at sea

Member # 70

Member Rated:

posted November 21, 2001 13:54      Profile for lost at sea   Author's Homepage   Email lost at sea   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i moved once when i was 2 from north hollywood to westlake vilage. then from one side of westlake to the other when i was 14 (3 years ago). and now im moving to seattle in less than a year for school. so much im going to leave behind.

--------------------
"why does boy meet girl leave me feeling ripped off? the Love Police has been tipped off..."
-kind of like spitting

Posts: 173 | From: ...breathing air that's soaking wet | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Belong to Us!  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | nethijinx, ltd.

(c) 2000 + 19 nethijinx, ltd.