my profile / private messages | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Bored   » The Bored™   » Everything™ and then Some   » Waking up in the mornings

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Waking up in the mornings
Christy

Member # 4

Member Rated:

posted October 25, 2001 09:05      Profile for Christy   Author's Homepage   Email Christy   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I hate it when I purposely put my alarm clock across my dorm room in order to make me get up in the morning, but I get up like a zombie, shut it off, and crawl back in to bed!! Arrrgh!

On the good side, I got at least 7 hours of sleep last night as opposed to the usual 4-5 hours. Go me. Now who wants to do my homework?

And hey Paul, I have a question. Can I change my display name here, or no? I thought I could. Now I'd feel bad if Christy registers and tries to use Christy as her display name... since she was always on the board first. SO yeah. Ok. Time to go to class and learn about the fucking brain. :\

--Christy

--------------------
panda panda panda!

Posts: 276 | From: La Jolla | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Davo
unregistered

posted October 25, 2001 15:56           Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm not Paul, but I can answer since I once asked the same question.

I think that as long as a display name has been taken it cannot be taken by anyone else as a display or user name. It's as if you had many usernames and were using one. But if people are abusive (what if I used all the other known names ) Paul can delete back those names.

But I think it's case sensitive. SO "Christy" isn't "christy", although I'm not sure.

This feature can help people who like changing usernames. SO they wouldn't have to get another email address.

IP: Logged
NSA

Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted October 25, 2001 17:05      Profile for NSA   Author's Homepage   Email NSA   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Actually I think I disabled the ability to change your Publicly Displayed Name, but I dont remember.

--------------------
the Bored lives FOREVER.

Posts: 1564 | From: Galactic Empire | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
w3rd souljah

Member # 2

posted October 25, 2001 18:28      Profile for w3rd souljah   Author's Homepage   Email w3rd souljah   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Yes, you did you bad bad bad man.

--------------------
I like taking showers.

NSA

Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted October 28, 2001 01:06      Profile for NSA   Author's Homepage   Email NSA   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Im so eeevil

--------------------
the Bored lives FOREVER.

Posts: 1564 | From: Galactic Empire | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Christy

Member # 4

Member Rated:

posted October 28, 2001 08:49      Profile for Christy   Author's Homepage   Email Christy   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
My internet works again!!!!! HELL YES BICTH!!!!

--Christy

--------------------
panda panda panda!

Christy

Member # 4

Member Rated:

posted October 28, 2001 08:50      Profile for Christy   Author's Homepage   Email Christy   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Note: I'm stupid and I can't even spell "BITCH". :X

--Christy

--------------------
panda panda panda!

-Christy-

Member # 41

Member Rated:

posted October 28, 2001 19:24      Profile for -Christy-   Email -Christy-   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
ahh I knew this would happen.

William. Where did your hat go?

--------------------
~*Christy*~

Posts: 5 | From: Thousand Oaks, CA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Christy

Member # 4

Member Rated:

posted October 28, 2001 19:28      Profile for Christy   Author's Homepage   Email Christy   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm sorry Christy. It did say that you could change your display name when you register... So I was stupid and I figured that I could change my display name whenever. But like.. NO! LIES! Paul disabled that function. Arrr. Sorry. :-\

--Christy

--------------------
panda panda panda!

w3rd souljah

Member # 2

posted October 28, 2001 19:44      Profile for w3rd souljah   Author's Homepage   Email w3rd souljah   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Paul = King of Evil. My hat? I know of no hat. Nope. No hat. Never. I deny it.

--------------------
I like taking showers.

sickb0y

Member # 42

posted October 30, 2001 20:08      Profile for sickb0y        Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
paul... he's the king of cool... just somewhat evil... and i can't remember what i was going to say - something about my girlfriend rings me every morning at 8am to get me out of bed so i can watch cartoons... and talk to her of course - she's so cool!
dan(ny)zig

Member # 81

Member Rated:

posted October 30, 2001 20:12      Profile for dan(ny)zig   Email dan(ny)zig   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
oh all the christy drama! my head's going to explode.

--------------------
don't let the tight pants fool you, i'm all heart motherfucker.

Posts: 38 | From: the burycore | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Woody

Member # 63

Member Rated:

posted October 30, 2001 21:11      Profile for Woody   Email Woody   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I hate waking up in the mornings I am not a morning person. My body wakes up at about 7 in the morning for work, when my brain actually wakes up around noon.

--------------------
Learn To Deal

Posts: 82 | From: Barrhead AB | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
gnarlydude
unregistered

posted October 30, 2001 22:07           Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Well, because my classes are sooo early in the morning, I tend to wake up and realize it is 1 pm and loudly say an expletive noticing I have yet again failed to wake up before noon and yet again have failed to attend my classes.
the GOOD life

Member # 82

Member Rated:

posted October 30, 2001 22:50      Profile for the GOOD life   Email the GOOD life   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That was Clare, this is the good life, we are one in the same, I am confused.

--------------------
I'm not a gnarly dude, am I Dad?

Posts: 17 | From: San Diego | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
-Christy-

Member # 41

Member Rated:

posted October 30, 2001 22:54      Profile for -Christy-   Email -Christy-   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
DANNY. Just look at the Location sillyface.

--------------------
~*Christy*~

Posts: 5 | From: Thousand Oaks, CA | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Kristin
unregistered

posted October 30, 2001 23:25           Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by the GOOD life:
this is the good life

as in the band?

nomenclayture

Member # 53

Member Rated:

posted October 30, 2001 23:25      Profile for nomenclayture     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by the GOOD life:
That was Clare, this is the good life, we are one in the same, I am confused.

exuse me!! i believe ME and clare are one in the same, and i am NOT confused...

and what with the quote? now i am confused

--------------------
i [less than 3] iceland

Posts: 35 | From: santa cruz | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
the GOOD life

Member # 82

Member Rated:

posted October 31, 2001 13:44      Profile for the GOOD life   Email the GOOD life   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Kristin:

as in the band?

As in my board name.

--------------------
I'm not a gnarly dude, am I Dad?

Posts: 17 | From: San Diego | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Clobber

Member # 38

Member Rated:

posted October 31, 2001 13:56      Profile for Clobber     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Ahh..waking up in the mornings..is the worst/best feeling ever..

I mean i soo don't want to get up..and i dread doing so...but at the same time i feel so comfortable..like i am so at peace..does this make sense?

--------------------
Sink it

Posts: 316 | From: Ontario, Canada | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Wasting Too Much Time

Member # 19

Member Rated:

posted November 01, 2001 10:23      Profile for Wasting Too Much Time   Author's Homepage   Email Wasting Too Much Time   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Arg! I hate waking up in the mornings. I'm always a grump until about after lunch. Lately i've been having a lot of trouble getting up in the mornings because I dread going to physics. blarg.

--------------------
you could say i do at least.

Posts: 284 | From: Alberta, Canada | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Walter Sobchek

Member # 37

Member Rated:

posted November 01, 2001 21:53      Profile for Walter Sobchek   Author's Homepage   Email Walter Sobchek   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
HA. I am one of the WORST morning people i know. I look hungover whether i am or not. I graduate college in may, and i can't for the life of me see myself doing a 9-5 week. My girlfriend can wake up and look like she just layed down for 2 minutes. I wake up like some man-beast-ogre. Go figure.

--------------------
dude...dude. You're being very un-dude. Nothing is fucked here. Nothing is fucked. They're all a bunch of FUCKIN AMATUERS!

Posts: 237 | From: SmAlbany, NY | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
Geektanic

Member # 45

Member Rated:

posted November 01, 2001 22:04      Profile for Geektanic   Author's Homepage   Email Geektanic   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Today I took a nap, and set my alarm for 6:45 pm so I could watch friends.

Coincidentally, when I wake up in the morning, I wake up at 6:45, also.

so the alarm went off...and I looked at the clock and it said 6:45. and I thought to myself "hmm..sleep an extra half hour? or shower and eat breakfast? I'm going to sleep." so I went back to sleep. and I wake up later and i was like, "OH SHIT! I FORGOT TO WRITE MY PAPER LAST NIGHT!" and I panicked. and then my mom walks in..and goes "Lycia! friends is on!"

and I realized, I'm a dumbass. and it wasnt morning at all.

haha. i suck.

--------------------
Do the stars conspire to pin us down like butterflies? - Jets to Brazil

Posts: 176 | From: Minnesota | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
crazy joe davola

Member # 87

Member Rated:

posted November 01, 2001 22:37      Profile for crazy joe davola   Email crazy joe davola   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I have a new method of forcing myself awake.

I normally wake up at about 6:00, but usually fall back asleep until 7, which is not good. Hence my new, no noise waking system; "The System of Confusion".

I set my vcr clock to inverted 24 hour, non daylight savings time...so instead of reading 6:00 when I wake up, it says 17:00. This confuses me every morning (yeah, I know...dont bother commenting), and in the process wakes me up because i need to be semi vertical to work out why the fuck my vcr is busted. or something. well it works.

--------------------
It's like they chopped off your arms and legs, dipped you in plastic, then screwed you all back together again and stuck you on a pedestal. It's really quite exquisite

Posts: 50 | From: i am directly under the earth's sun...nnnow | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Christy

Member # 4

Member Rated:

posted November 01, 2001 23:02      Profile for Christy   Author's Homepage   Email Christy   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
That's a good idea.. EXCEPT I'm blind as a bat and cant see my clock without my glasses. Usually when my alarm clock starts buzzing, I get up, turn it off, and crawl back to bed.. which isnt good. But if I leave my clock buzzing, my suitemates will hate me. I even leave the mini blinds up now so the sun can filter in and make me wake up. I haven't developed much of a system as of it. One day I will have it figured out. Yes.. Yes, I will. MARK MY WORDS, I WILL DEFEAT YOU, EVIL ALARM CLOCK!!

--Christy

--------------------
panda panda panda!

Walter Sobchek

Member # 37

Member Rated:

posted November 02, 2001 08:42      Profile for Walter Sobchek   Author's Homepage   Email Walter Sobchek   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
I set my vcr clock to inverted 24 hour, non daylight savings time...so instead of reading 6:00 when I wake up, it says 17:00. This confuses me every morning (yeah, I know...dont bother commenting), and in the process wakes me up because i need to be semi vertical to work out why the fuck my vcr is busted. or something. well it works.

i thought this was funny, and then SAW the postee was Crazy Joe Davola. HAHAHAHAHA

--------------------
dude...dude. You're being very un-dude. Nothing is fucked here. Nothing is fucked. They're all a bunch of FUCKIN AMATUERS!

Posts: 237 | From: SmAlbany, NY | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
One Girl Army

Member # 62

Member Rated:

posted November 02, 2001 09:02      Profile for One Girl Army   Author's Homepage   Email One Girl Army   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I'm horrible when it comes to waking up in the morning. I'll wake up and reach for the snooze button on the alarm clock, but I have this really bad habit of turning the alarm off complete because I'm pretty out of it. So I'll end up sleeping another 45 minutes or so and then I miss my bus.

I really pity the day when I'll get married or have a boyfriend sleep over... he'll then have to see what I look like when I wake up. Eeek *shudder*

--------------------
*** Barrie ***
She walks softly but she carries a big gun...
Mimesis Entertainment

Posts: 222 | From: Brooklyn, NY | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Belong to Us!  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | nethijinx, ltd.

(c) 2000 + 19 nethijinx, ltd.