my profile / private messages | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Bored   » Customs and Dioramas   » Simple Modifications   » BBI - Kiowa - Rattling.. Explained!

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: BBI - Kiowa - Rattling.. Explained!
NSA

Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted May 04, 2009 17:31      Profile for NSA   Author's Homepage   Email NSA   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
So there was SOMETHING inside my OH-58 Kiowa. It would rattle and thumb around when you moved the fuselage around.

One night, after way to few drinks, I decided I would cut her open and figure out once and for all what the heck was in there.

Witness my photographically captured decent into plastic madness..

[ May 04, 2009: Message edited by: NSA ]

--------------------
the Bored lives FOREVER.

Posts: 1564 | From: Galactic Empire | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged
NSA

Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted May 04, 2009 17:31      Profile for NSA   Author's Homepage   Email NSA   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 

--------------------
the Bored lives FOREVER.

vupa0101

Member # 442

Rate Member

posted May 05, 2009 12:57      Profile for vupa0101   Email vupa0101   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i still dont know what that block is for

--------------------
Wanted:

GIJOE best of 80's DVD pack
25th Anniversary Cobra 5 pack (not legions)

Red ninja leader

HUEY SLICK
BBi F-18
21st Bradley IFV
BBi Sherman
21st Sherman

Posts: 115 | From: Twin Cities, MN | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged
NSA

Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted May 05, 2009 14:00      Profile for NSA   Author's Homepage   Email NSA   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Like PCS said before, I think its a counter weight to keep the chopper level, and in some (a lot) of the choppers it comes unglued or unstuck inside and thus rattles around. Normally it'd make sure the chopped doesnt tip over backwards.

But mine stands just find without it, but Im not doing anything strenuous with it

--------------------
the Bored lives FOREVER.

pcsguy88

Member # 438

Member Rated:

posted May 05, 2009 20:15      Profile for pcsguy88     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Balance for hanging maybe?

--------------------

Posts: 541 | From: KC | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged
Paul Pratt

Member # 436

Member Rated:

posted May 06, 2009 10:32      Profile for Paul Pratt   Author's Homepage   Email Paul Pratt   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
It's some sort of counter weight.

I like that first picture. That is what i imagine a time traveler inside a Deloreon would see out the window.

--------------------
Current Custom: Coming Soon
{Buy/ Sell/ Trade Thread} | {Feedback} | {Flickr}

Posts: 172 | From: Wichita, KS. | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged
Ewokhunter92

Member # 437

Member Rated:

posted May 08, 2009 07:13      Profile for Ewokhunter92     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Why didn't you just dremel the door? Then you could've made an opening door instead of that mess.

--------------------
Vicodin: It's what's for dinner, breakfast AND lunch!

Posts: 262 | From: Pana, IL | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged
NSA

Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted May 08, 2009 07:54      Profile for NSA   Author's Homepage   Email NSA   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Because thats the rational thing to do, and where I was sitting it was a pain to get up and get the dremel.

--------------------
the Bored lives FOREVER.

Ewokhunter92

Member # 437

Member Rated:

posted May 08, 2009 08:46      Profile for Ewokhunter92     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by NSA:
Because thats the rational thing to do, and where I was sitting it was a pain to get up and get the dremel.

Ok, I understand. Lots of quick ideas come to mind when you are comfy and the only thing within reach is a pocket knife or pair of scissors.

--------------------

vupa0101

Member # 442

Rate Member

posted May 11, 2009 14:49      Profile for vupa0101   Email vupa0101   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i didnt think about dremmeling from the bottom up... luckily theres NSA

--------------------
Wanted:

GIJOE best of 80's DVD pack
25th Anniversary Cobra 5 pack (not legions)

Red ninja leader

HUEY SLICK
BBi F-18
21st Bradley IFV
BBi Sherman
21st Sherman

Posts: 115 | From: Twin Cities, MN | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged
NSA

Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted May 11, 2009 17:27      Profile for NSA   Author's Homepage   Email NSA   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by vupa0101:
i didnt think about dremmeling from the bottom up... luckily theres NSA

That would have been interesting too. make a little winch system in there so you could pick things up a la Desert Strike.

mmhmm.

--------------------
the Bored lives FOREVER.

Ewokhunter92

Member # 437

Member Rated:

posted May 11, 2009 18:23      Profile for Ewokhunter92     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by NSA:

That would have been interesting too. make a little winch system in there so you could pick things up a la Desert Strike.

mmhmm.

or even little plastic counterweights

--------------------

NSA

Member # 1

Member Rated:

posted May 11, 2009 20:27      Profile for NSA   Author's Homepage   Email NSA   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
quote:
Originally posted by Ewokhunter92:

or even little plastic counterweights

Haha nice! You could fly around picking up whatever weight counterweights you may need.. fat person in front? drop some off.. skinny bones? whoa! get some weights

--------------------
the Bored lives FOREVER.

G.I.*EDDIE

Member # 475

Rate Member

posted August 19, 2013 14:39      Profile for G.I.*EDDIE     Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Will this work?
Posts: 9 | From: SE Michigan | Registered: May 2009  |  IP: Logged

All times are Belong to Us!  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | nethijinx, ltd.

(c) 2000 + 19 nethijinx, ltd.