my profile / private messages | search | faq | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» The Bored   » The Bored™   » Free Tech Support   » CD lens cleaners

UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: CD lens cleaners
Ken

Member # 204

Rate Member

posted May 24, 2004 20:10      Profile for Ken   Email Ken   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
I have a couple of older CD players that have stopped reading CD's. Like the changer takes the disc, makes a sound like it's trying to read the disc, then spits it out saying no disc found, then moves on to the next disc with the same result.

Would a CD lens cleaner solve this problem? Or is this something I'll have to take into a shop to get fixed?

--------------------
The Wu Tang Clan ain't nothin to fuck with!

Posts: 41 | From: Chicago | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged
Mike

Member # 14

Member Rated:

posted May 25, 2004 08:34      Profile for Mike   Email Mike   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
i dunno if it'd fix it but the lens cleaner is probably worth a shot. it'd be less money than taking it to a shop.
***norm

Member # 86

Member Rated:

posted May 26, 2004 08:11      Profile for ***norm   Email ***norm   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
Honestly, I have had minimal luck with a lens cleaner. It works for a bit, then the same problem persists. Then I clean again, and it works a little while... rinse repeat...

But, then again, I only used it on an old Mac cd drive, never for audio, and I know the spin rates are different and my computer discs go through hell, so maybe I am not helping at all...

--------------------
•Taking money from religious people is like beating retards at checkers.
• Alcoholics Anonymous is to Jesus Freaks what still water is to mosquitos
•* I understand war for some reasons. Land, money, a girl, that can be understood. Now war over god, that's a whole different issue. There is no way I can justify a war over who has a better invisible friend.

Posts: 238 | From: Norm's Ghetto House | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged
Colonel Klink

Member # 78

posted May 27, 2004 13:05      Profile for Colonel Klink   Author's Homepage   Email Colonel Klink   Send New Private Message      Edit/Delete Post  Reply With Quote 
sometimes it's better to buy a brand new one. They're cheap, aren't they ?

--------------------
Industrial Revolution has flipped a bitch on Evolution.

Posts: 665 | From: Stalag 13 | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged

All times are Belong to Us!  

Post New Topic  Post A Reply Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | nethijinx, ltd.

(c) 2000 + 19 nethijinx, ltd.